“Sloppy - competitors outshine for same price.”
Review of Econo Lodge East

Econo Lodge East
Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Sloppy - competitors outshine for same price.”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Short and sweet:

- Arrived, room wasn't ready by check-in time, waited about 30-45 mins for them to get it ready.
- Was told where I had to park because they were painting lines in the parking lot.
- Television in the room is "not compatible" with devices I bring along with me, despite the hookups being plain as day there. Staff member blamed his "maintenance guy" - whoever that is.
- A general "who cares" attitude from staff and a lack of initiative or willingness to own up to problems.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
FargoEL_GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge East, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. My apologies for the parking lot, it was being repainted the day you arrived. I want to assure you I have addressed time management with our housekeeping staff and have taken extra steps to ensure situations like these don’t happen again. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Fargo Econo Lodge another try next time you find yourself in the area.

Heather Walker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We could hardly find a room to stay in because of local activities but finally found one here. The manager checked us in and was prompt. Excellent service. Our room was clean and comfortable.

The only problem we had was that some of the bathroom tiles were broken and some of the grout was coming out. Since I walk barefoot sometimes I could have injured myself. I did not report it as the hotel was full and they couldn't have done anything about it while we were there anyway.

We did not try the breakfast so can't comment on that.

Oak Lake
Reviewed 22 April 2012

If you don't mind cold coffee in the morning! Stayed one night, but the morning staff really needs to work on some customer service skills!

Easy to find, but picked a different hotel on our return trip as we wanted something with a little more for our money, found it & will be staying there if through Fargo again!

1 Thank Rick C
FargoEL_GM, Manager at Econo Lodge East, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you for your feed back. We apologize we did not provide you with the experience that you and our staffs expects. We value your feed back and use it as tools to better our service and to improve our hotel. We would like you to come back to the Econo Lodge here in Fargo to give us a chance to make things right. I believe you will be pleasantly suprised.
Manitoba
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We had a good stay was clean and quiet, front desk staff was great she suggested where to eat and it was awesome. Morning staff the next morning was not as friendly when we mentioned coffee was not warm, he said yeah it was on when I came on. He did put fresh on while we ate but maybe he just wasn't a morning person. Not sure we would stay again though it was good, as we smoke and we had a pet coming back with us. So picked another hotel to stay at which suited us better.

1 Thank PaniMac
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Whenever I am in town I will choose the Econo Lodge hands down over any other hotel in the area. The location is perfect located pretty much in the center of Fargo, ND with I-29 and 13 Ave located just a block away, these roads are the gateway to Fargo and can get you anywhere in 10 min or less. The staff is always friendly and rooms always clean. Whenever I am in town it is sometimes on short notice, I call the hotel, and in rockstar fashion they provide me with the best possible service I could expect. I can't stress enough the friendly demeanor the staff here provides. I have stayed at Econo Lodges elsewhere and this Fargo location stands out one in a million which reflects the ability of the manager to put together and maintain a great staff. I would encourage Econo Lodges everywhere to take note of this exceptional location so customers everywhere can have the same experience I encounter time and time again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Very clean and comfortable, friendly staff I plan in staying there again

• Stayed January 2012
Crookston, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 February 2012

It had been over a year since the last time I stayed at the Fargo Econo Lodge, and I must say it was once again a great stay at an affordable price. I was once again pleased with the friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and relaxing atomosphere. This hotel has now saved me money and made me feel at home on 2 seperate occasions over a year apart. There is no doubt that this is where I will choose to stay the next time I am in Fargo once again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business