“Nice Stay. Very Clean and Great Breakfast.”
Review of Econo Lodge East

Econo Lodge East
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Excellent Hotel. Very clean, excellent breakfast. We would go back. They messed up our room booking but were great in dealing with it. Had a good stay. We are fussy, and we liked it. People who work there seem a bit odd, but the service was great. We only stayed one night but will go back there every time we go to Fargo for sure. The price was great too for a king suite. Shocked at the value.

Room Tip: Nice and new rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I just got home today after spending 2 nights at the econo lodge.
Location wise it is close to the mall and shopping. no noise from traffic.
Front desk area clean and inviting, breakfast area very small but well appointed with fruits yogurt cereal waffle maker, breads, bagels, muffins, juice coffee hot chocolate.
new carpeting throughout hotel and in rooms.
These are all appealing great things I have to say about the hotel. Now for the negatives...
the beds were super old, boxspring discolored, I was afraid to look at the mattress so I didnt...and super super soft,,,the bedding was old and thin.

The bathroom is incredibly outdated, small shower head and the low sink wasnt easy to use, especially when the taps were so close to the sink . not the worst thing on earth... BUT... while I was using the facilities I looked at the wall in front of where I sat and to my horror it was covered with pubic hair... and lots of it... the walls in the bathroom are textured so I can see how this could happen...maybe housekeeping doesnt think to look at the walls... ok so I ask the front desk to let housekeeping know to clean it because I am afraid to use the bathroom now. The following morning I see housekeeping in the hallway and so I ask them directly to take care of the wall.. one girl replied how disgusting that must be, and so I felt assured it would be more than looked after. Return to the room later in the day, and shockingly..half of the hair STILL remained. It was like they didnt even try. I told front desk again... he assured me they would take care of it. By then I was checking out... its too bad.. the hotel has potential to be a great place to stay, but disgusting bathrooms and staff that dont seem to take my concerns seriously enough is not enough to make me ever want to stay there again. I think they over charge for the rooms considering these shortfalls. Ive stayed elsewhere for much cheaper and had a better time.

Room Tip: dont stay on the first floor near the lobby, the smokers love to stand right outside your room and i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank smellbell
FargoEL_GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the negative experience you encountered while staying at our hotel. I want you to know that I have personally spoken with my entire staff about this particular situation to ensure that this does not happen again. I encourage you to stay at the Fargo Econolodge East one more time, so that you may see that the entire staff is committed to taking care of our guests.

Heather Walker
General manager

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I picked this place because of the location and price. It was $80 for the night and it was worth it. The place was clean and comfortable. We orginally reserved 4 rooms but decided we only needed three and it was very easy to call and cancel one of the rooms. Check in was easy and the hotel staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast in the morning consisted of muffins, waffles, yogurt and a couple of juices as well as coffee. Checkout was an easy process as well. I will be staying here again when I am in fargo.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We picked this place because it was the first place we saw. The rate was good and the room was nice and clean (a bit small for 3 people but we did not have a reservation) and only staid one night. The staff was helpful and they recommended places to go and things to do for our short time in Fargo. We are planning a trip next month and plan on looking it to Choice hotels for that trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Good for the price. Not a luxury hotel, just a decent place for a good nights sleep. Nice and quiet. Comfortable bed and pillows. Internet worked well. Check in was easy. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly and professional. A few restaurants in walking distance and 2 gas stations conveniently located to fill up in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Check in was very easy. The motel is smoke free and you sign an agreement to not smoke or may be charged for cleaning up to $150. My wife opened the curtain and there was a cigarette butt on the window ledge and a cigar laying on top of the air conditioner. I reported the smoke material to the front desk so we would not get charged with smoking in the room. The room was not cleaned very well, jam on the night stand, some green stuff on the sofa and several bits and pieces on the floor. The sofa and chair were quite stained and we didn't sit in them without covering them. The bathroom is in need of a serious update, We would not have stayed but the bedding was nice and fresh and we were not going to spend much time in the room. A good cleaning would make this room much more appealing and update the furniture. Breakfast room is small for 40 room motel. On the plus side the bed was comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Interior rooms may be quieter than the corner rooms but the corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
FargoEL_GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you did not find your room up to standards at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed so situations like this don’t happen again. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Fargo Econolodge East another try next time you stay in the area.

Heather Walker

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just what I'd expect from a Econo Lodge, micro,fridge, "Continental breakfast" . But I'll add this one had a comfortable bed , the room was clean,but seemed like the floor was uneven,(the fridge leaned)...strange "wind" noise I could hear blowing until I turned the AC on. Good location once you figure out how to get to the motel . A little pricey but I suppose its average in Fargo.The hotel clerks were very nice,helped fax some papers for me. But the highlight of my stay was walking in and finding cold lemonade in the breakfast lounge on a very hot day after work! Well Appreciated!
Hotel is non smoking