Radisson Hotel Fargo
US$79
US$104
US$84
US$82
Fargo Inn & Suites(Fargo)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$231
US$215
Hotel Donaldson
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssleep numberdowntown fargoparking garagegreat downtown locationsteam roomzest restaurantlobby barbars and restaurantswithin walking distancecorner roomfront desk staffbusiness tripwedding receptionthe room was nicenorth dakotachecking outramp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Every year my husband books a romance package for Valentines Day. And I haven't been disappointed yet. You get a large fantasic room with jacuzzi. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are updated & very clean. Rainforest shower head. Also with the package we got champagne & cheese platter, yummy! The noon checkout is nice. There was remodeling going on which sucked but knowing how nice it will look is worth the inconvenience. The package price is reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for packages and/or specials.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is being renovated so certain areas looked a bit thrown together but the room was very nice and comfortable. The renovations are supposed to be complete in a couple of months. The room was clean, there was a good view of the city from the window. The sleep number bed was great. The hotel is right in downtown so very close to many restaurants and places to see. Also close to public transit and the Amtrak station which we took advantage of. The hotel is the tallest building in Fargo so it's easy to find.

When we checked in I smelled an odd smell like turpentine in the hallway. Possibly that had to do with the renovations. It was gone by the next day. The first night it was very quiet, the second night I was woken up at 2 AM by loud laughter in the room next door. Maybe the bed should be rearranged so it not right up next to the room beside it. The hotel van costs $3 a ride. I was a bit disappointed because when I stayed at the Courtyard by the Marriott it was free but $3 is better than what a cab would charge. I was kind of annoyed when the driver once told us to just walk somewhere. I don't think he felt like going out in the cold but that was why we wanted a ride in the first place. The main office had said we could check in before the normal time when we called. It took a bit of talking before the front desk agreed to it. I was relieved when they did. I didn't feel like waiting in the lobby for several hours with my bags. Even with a few of the drawbacks I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I would agree with other reviewers. This hotel is under a major renovation so if you don't like seeing plywood, dust, etc. you'll want to pass this property up. The room was nice, clean but I didn't care for the Sleep Number Bed at all. I woke up several times during the night. I'll probably give this hotel another chance once the construction is done.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The renovation going on is pretty major so you may want to pass this up until their done. The Courtyard in Moorhead is a nice place. Anyway, the hotel will be very cool when the work is done. As for the rooms, mine was fantastic. Big TV, comfy bed, nice view and most of all - quiet! Super cold and super hot water - and I was on the 8th floor!
Great staff. Will definately stay here when the reno. is done. Easy walk to Hodo Lounge.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I came to the site to put in my review and was surprised at some of the less-than-stellar reviews. I thought for a moment I was somewhere else as my stay was great. Yes...it was still under renovation and there is a make-shift front desk but I felt the staff was overly apologetic about the issue. My room was fantastic. The bed was a sleep number bed and appeared new. The rest of the room furnishings followed suit. The bathroom was huge and luxurious. Large walk-in glass shower, good size hot tub. Very upscale room. TV line up gets a 7.5 out of 10. The restaurant menu selection only gets a 5 out of 10 but the food was very tasty and the portion was very good. Service was great, Lounge was comfortable. All of the staff were friendly and professional. Indoor parking was $5 a night (it is a downtown area). The hotel is near a lot of night life, a theatre and is adjacent to the Civic Auditorium. No question that I'll stay again the next time I'm in Fargo.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business