“New Year's Stay”

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
DICKINSON
“New Year's Stay”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had a wonderful view of downtown Fargo from our suite, for which we received a very reasonable rate. The room was comfortable. We didn't think much of the Sleep Number bed, but the room overall was nice and comfortable. We had a few issues with key cards and getting into our room, but the staff was very accommodating and solved the issue immediately. Will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Kevin C, Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for staying at the Fargo Radisson Hotel. We are very happy we were able make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to your return and thank you for your review.

AssistantGeneral Manager
Kevin Craddock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

First off, I have been staying at this hotel for a week at a time every December for the last 4 years. They have been (for the last 2 years) and continue to renovate the lobby, mezzanine, bar, and restaurant. Check-in was fine, the rooms were fine, and the service was fine.
My biggest gripe is the food. Having eaten meals here numerous times in the past, i can tell you the new menu and food needs a lot of work. First, everything was too salty. Second, hot food - especially the apps and bar food -was not served hot. Finally, bring back the appetizers and bar menus. No nachos, onion rings, sticks, or sliders at the bar... really? One of the reasons our group would stay here is the late night food was good. Not so much any more. The flat bread pizzas were pathetic. And 5 small chicken slivers, i mean fingers for $7, ouch! The best food/value i had was at lunch. The salad was very fresh, and the club sandwich was very good, though still too salty.
in summary, the hotel is fine, but look elsewhere to dine, especially late night. I would highly recommend JL Beers, which is only a block away

• Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

When I realized that I was spending one night in fargo, I was not expecting a lot. I expected a small room and not with modern furnishings.

I have to say that the room was quite spacious and had some modern yet simplistic decor. There was not anything that stood out, except for the curtain used as a door for the closet ( it is actually better than how it sounds). The bathroom was large with plenty of counter space. however the shower was disappointed. i tookba shower the the water never stop running with an annoying litttle drip tgatvi will not stop. Nevertheless, it was better than what I've expected and at least the hotel tried to have a nicer product. I was comfiest for one night.

The lobby was small but finished with nicer furniture. They also had a fruit bowl for travelers on the go. The bar seemed very modern and maybe too hip for the area. The hotel was located just a few blocks away from restaurants and shopping.

The staff was friendly and provided lots of information when they knew it was my first time there. Overall it was better than average with room to improvement

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a while back, room was ok. Service was not! Checked in around 6pm went to the room and settled in for the night. About 11pm another guest (WITH A KEY) and bags walked into our room. They were as confused as we where. Both myself and the other guest go down to front desk, to deal with a very rude front desk attendant. Made it sound like it was our fault she messed up. Upon check out complained again merely looking for a little sympathy. The response I received was "sorry, that happened" I usually am pretty easy to please when traveling but this poor service, breach of security, and personal space is unexcuseable and unacceptable.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The Radisson Hotel in Fargo, ND is nearing the end of a nice overall renovation. I was recently there on business which required five nights away from home. From the moment that I walked in until the morning I left, I found everything to be extremely nice. The updated rooms are nicely decorated, the air beds are great, and I was most impressed with a lot of the little extra amenities that other hotels typically charge for. Some examples were the two bottles of water in my room that were replenished daily...at no charge! Also, they have a small area in the lobby where you can grab a hot cup of great coffee, bottled water, and fruit on your way out the door, again, at no extra charge. The staff was all very friendly, and genuinely apologetic for the work that was being done during the final stages of their renovation. If your travels take you to Fargo, you must stay at the Radisson!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
ontario canada
Reviewed 4 December 2012

It was kind of expensive, however it was worth it simply for the location. Easy access to parking, nice clean room. The whirlpools where nice, but a few degrees to low for my likely. The bar was rocking and had a great atmosphere. I would definately stay here again. In walking distance to great food, the Fargo theather (where I saw the Tragically Hip concert), liquor store and local shopping.

Room Tip: I had a great king sized bed corner room...502!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul D, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
We are always getting better and Our new Lobby bar says a lot . We as one of the best hotel downtown we look forward to seeing you again
Baudette, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I have stayed at the Fargo Radisson several times with my family. The beds are fabulous and the rooms are awesome--clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are immaculate. Bar staff is friendly as is the restaurant. We had a birthday party and they accommodated us with a private area and constant service of appetizers and drinks even though we did not reserve well in advance.

Exercise room is very nice and includes a great workout pool for swimming laps or relaxing.

The location is ideal for shopping downtown or walking to local bars. Also close to the river and walking paths there. We like it for tournaments across the bridge at Moorhead High School.

Convenient parking in ramp also--always room.

Room Tip: Great view from the upper floors.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jalee71
Paul D, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We thank you so very much for staying at the Fargo Radisson. We take pride in being the largest downtown hotel to provide a great stay for everyone. Please let us know when you are coming back. Have a great day