“Not what I expected”

Radisson Hotel Fargo
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here over the 2014 Fargo Marathon weekend. My kids, who were running in the Marathon and I were disappointed. The room furniture had a layer of dust covering it. I requested a refrigerator and microwave for the weekend and I could not get a clear answer on whether that would be possible. I was told they wouldn't know until noon on the day we checked in. We ended up getting a refrigerator and microwave except there was old food left in the refrigerator. Also the staff were not very friendly. No one greeted us with a smile the entire weekend or said hi to any of us except once when I was getting off the elevator the day we were leaving. Also when I got to the hotel to check in I stood at the counter waiting for an employee to get off the computer/phone to check me in. Once she was done, another person came walking up and she asked him if she could help him and ignored me. I spoke up and she proceeded to help me first. I expected so much more for an Radisson and am very disappointed especially for the expense. The best part of our stay were the beds. They were very comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views of the city
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Preferred place to stay in Fargo. Staff have been very welcoming, attentive, and helpful. Located close to many fine shops and restaurants.Good value for the price. Have stayed here many times and recommend the hotel to friends who go to Fargo

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kayla G, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you Martin!
The staff and i are thrilled to hear that we are your preffered hotel in Fargo, what an honor. We look forward to you next visit. Come see us soon !

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great hotel if your trip takes you downtown Fargo. The biggest pro for me was by far the staff. After landing at the airport, I called the hotel and within 10 minutes, a car was picking me up. The front desk staff was fantastic throughout my 4 night stay and the staff at the restaurant was equally professional and courteous. The hostess at breakfast even arranged for a copy of the morning paper to be brought up to me at the restaurant. The next morning, she recognized me and extended the offer again. Now that's service! The ride back to the airport was as efficient as the ride to the hotel. Everybody was so nice and welcoming that it felt as if I was home.

Now, the cons. I had read some reviews prior to my stay and had read complaints about the music. I couldn't agree more! I had dinner at the restaurant the first night and the techno music was very annoying. Breakfasts were a bit better with more of a jazzy mix.

My biggest issue was with my room. It was very clean, large and modern, but because it was an adjoining room, I got to know my neighbors quite well. Being able to clearly hear their phone conversation was a bit much.

All in all however a fantastic hotel and the pros by far outweigh the cons!

Room Tip: Stay away from adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kayla G, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

MLabrie,

Thank you for sharing your review. Awesome that the staff was very helpful and courteous during the course of your stay. I do apoligize about the few issues you had encountered.I hope the great service made up for those issues as we are taking appropriate measures to make sure everyone is accomodated in their needs! I hope you always chose Radisson Hotel Fargo when staying in town.

Thank you !!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place is pretty nice. The front desk attendant was well experienced. The hotel itself is nice too. My only complaint about the room was the shower head. Sleep number bed was a huge bonus! Went to the restaurant on the second floor. The server and the bartender sat there together at the bar while we stood in the door waiting to be seated. After a long awkward wait we walked to the bar as they watched us walk to it. we let them know we would like to have eat. The waitress handed us 4 menus. We asked if we should sit anywhere and she said sure. After sitting down and going over the menus we still hadn't been greeted at the table. Sitting there without water or flat wear, and looking at the $33 price tag on the best menu item. We set the menus down and left. No matter how good the food would have been, its been my experience that bad service makes the experience really bad over all. Feel bad for the chef that took the time to designed that menu.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kayla G, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Chefjayson

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. This gives us the opportunity to review the situation and correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Our goal is to provide above and beyond sevice for each and every guest. I truly apoligize and ensure you the proper departments will be notified. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly Thank You

Kayla Giese
Reservations Manager
701-232-7363

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I chose this hotel mostly for the downtown location near Fargo's historic district, but was very pleased with the hotel as well. The room was very clean and comfortable, and even included a sleep number bed. I will likely be back on my next Fargo trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

HighTech_Redneck87

Im happy to hear that the location of our hotel was ideal for you during your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback. See you soon !

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The physical hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are spacious, the lobby, bars, and restaurant are new and modern looking. The location is centrally located in the heart of downtown, where corporate offices, shops, and restaurants are with in walking distance.
The best thing about the Radisson Fargo is the staff. They go above and beyond the call of duty, and it makes your stay that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Aaron C
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Radisson Fargo . Our goal is for each guest to leave with a happy and memorable stay ! We pride ourselves in our Yes I Can service and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here because it was within walking distance to the Fargo Civic Centre. It was the first time we stayed at a Radisson Hotel and needless to say we were very impressed. We had the executive king room and it was really nice plus being on the end we never heard anything outside the room. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dennis K ,
Great hearing about how impressed you were with our hotel and staff. Those large executive kings sure are comfy and glad you thought so as well ! We would love for you to return in the near future.
Take care