“Convenient location, decent price, nice bar.”

Radisson Hotel Fargo
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Convenient location, decent price, nice bar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was the perfect place for an overnight stay in Fargo with some exploration time upon arrival and before departure. It is very convenient to the Broadway and Main restaurants and shops. We had a beautiful sunset view from our window, and the room was very nice - clean and kept up nicely. The TV was large and fairly new, and the channel selection included HBO. We had a Sleep Number bed for the first time and it seemed ok. I was a little disappointed that a refrigerator wasn't included, but my wife made the reservation and I'm not sure if it was an option we could have requested. The price was at or below what we paid for lesser accommodations along I94 in North Dakota during our trip.

We didn't dine there, but did have some drinks at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and helpful, and the drinks were good but just a little on the high side.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kayla G, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are very lucky to have such a great downtown location with beautiful shops and restaurants. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed them as well as the hotel accommodations. I see you mentioned not having a refrigerator in the room we definitely can provide those upon request. Thank you again and hope to see you soon !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
carmel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

There was good and bad with the stay for the marathon. Lets start with the good! The location was great (right next to the expo, right in the downtown area, easy to walk to the start). If you are staying here just for the hotel I would recommend it. The rooms were clean and the staff was courteous and helpful. As far as staying here for the marathon I would give it a thumbs down just because they did a lot of the little things wrong. I travel from state to state running so I give kudos who do the small things right!@ Late checkout for marathoners were not given - with a late start to the marathon and a checkout at noon, doesn't work. In the morning put out bagels, water, bananas, etc.............Once again though non-marathon I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank craig t
Kayla G, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I apoligize that not everything during you stay was completely satisfactory. I ensure you the staff and I are working very hard together to make adjustments for future occasions . We want to accomodate guests needs during all Fargo Moorhead city events. I am however glad that you would still reccomend our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to share you experience for our hotel to reflect on .
Thank you !
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here over the 2014 Fargo Marathon weekend. My kids, who were running in the Marathon and I were disappointed. The room furniture had a layer of dust covering it. I requested a refrigerator and microwave for the weekend and I could not get a clear answer on whether that would be possible. I was told they wouldn't know until noon on the day we checked in. We ended up getting a refrigerator and microwave except there was old food left in the refrigerator. Also the staff were not very friendly. No one greeted us with a smile the entire weekend or said hi to any of us except once when I was getting off the elevator the day we were leaving. Also when I got to the hotel to check in I stood at the counter waiting for an employee to get off the computer/phone to check me in. Once she was done, another person came walking up and she asked him if she could help him and ignored me. I spoke up and she proceeded to help me first. I expected so much more for an Radisson and am very disappointed especially for the expense. The best part of our stay were the beds. They were very comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views of the city
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Preferred place to stay in Fargo. Staff have been very welcoming, attentive, and helpful. Located close to many fine shops and restaurants.Good value for the price. Have stayed here many times and recommend the hotel to friends who go to Fargo

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Martin!
The staff and i are thrilled to hear that we are your preffered hotel in Fargo, what an honor. We look forward to you next visit. Come see us soon !
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great hotel if your trip takes you downtown Fargo. The biggest pro for me was by far the staff. After landing at the airport, I called the hotel and within 10 minutes, a car was picking me up. The front desk staff was fantastic throughout my 4 night stay and the staff at the restaurant was equally professional and courteous. The hostess at breakfast even arranged for a copy of the morning paper to be brought up to me at the restaurant. The next morning, she recognized me and extended the offer again. Now that's service! The ride back to the airport was as efficient as the ride to the hotel. Everybody was so nice and welcoming that it felt as if I was home.

Now, the cons. I had read some reviews prior to my stay and had read complaints about the music. I couldn't agree more! I had dinner at the restaurant the first night and the techno music was very annoying. Breakfasts were a bit better with more of a jazzy mix.

My biggest issue was with my room. It was very clean, large and modern, but because it was an adjoining room, I got to know my neighbors quite well. Being able to clearly hear their phone conversation was a bit much.

All in all however a fantastic hotel and the pros by far outweigh the cons!

Room Tip: Stay away from adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kayla G, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
MLabrie,

Thank you for sharing your review. Awesome that the staff was very helpful and courteous during the course of your stay. I do apoligize about the few issues you had encountered.I hope the great service made up for those issues as we are taking appropriate measures to make sure everyone is accomodated in their needs! I hope you always chose Radisson Hotel Fargo when staying in town.

Thank you !!
West Glacier, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place is pretty nice. The front desk attendant was well experienced. The hotel itself is nice too. My only complaint about the room was the shower head. Sleep number bed was a huge bonus! Went to the restaurant on the second floor. The server and the bartender sat there together at the bar while we stood in the door waiting to be seated. After a long awkward wait we walked to the bar as they watched us walk to it. we let them know we would like to have eat. The waitress handed us 4 menus. We asked if we should sit anywhere and she said sure. After sitting down and going over the menus we still hadn't been greeted at the table. Sitting there without water or flat wear, and looking at the $33 price tag on the best menu item. We set the menus down and left. No matter how good the food would have been, its been my experience that bad service makes the experience really bad over all. Feel bad for the chef that took the time to designed that menu.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kayla G, Reservations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fargo, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Chefjayson

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. This gives us the opportunity to review the situation and correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Our goal is to provide above and beyond sevice for each and every guest. I truly apoligize and ensure you the proper departments will be notified. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly Thank You

Kayla Giese
Reservations Manager
701-232-7363
Calumet, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I chose this hotel mostly for the downtown location near Fargo's historic district, but was very pleased with the hotel as well. The room was very clean and comfortable, and even included a sleep number bed. I will likely be back on my next Fargo trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HighTech_Redneck87

Im happy to hear that the location of our hotel was ideal for you during your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback. See you soon !