“Great Stay”

Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Gilbert Plains MB. Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

First ones to stay in brand new room and most of rooms are being renovated,new everything!staff very frendly and helpfull.Doors a little thin for building noise in morning but that will be finished soon,stayed two nights on trip only wanted clean place to sleep and got that.perfect for under 50$

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hilton K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Anola
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Only place available. Booked 2 nights. Spent one, cancelled the other. No breakfast and no free internet ($3.00/day). The room was run down, the box spring ripped, carpets dirty, dead bugs on the floor & low shelves, and a brown stain on the wall by the toilet. Hallways were also dirty & stained. It appeared that some rooms were being worked on.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2011

It was a last minute decision to stay in either Fargo or Grand Forks, GF being booked solid that weekend. A few calls on the road landed 6 rooms, and cudos to the clerk for reserving them for us. However....the rooms were indeed dirty. Not all over dirty (bathrooms were clean) but there was hair on the sheets and the carpet by the nightstand was dirty. I could just be a little picky, but these were things I noticed. The clientelle I noticed there seemed to be a little sketchy, for $50 a night I think some only used it by the hour.... Yes, the price and availability held our attention but I would never stay there again, not if I had my say. But for a quick and cheap stop, we got what we paid for. Burger King next door was a highlight.

• Stayed August 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Don't even know where to begin, but this has got to be the worse experience in a hotel I have ever had! First of all, when I called to book the room, the receptionist was rude. I asked her if they had a room with 2 double beds..her response was "We could have 2 doubles..." she then proceeded to ask why I was calling..I told her obviously the reason I'm calling is because I need a room...duh!! Then when we got there, the shower curtain bar was broken, we called to complain, and they didn't send maintenance until the next morning. Toilet and tub were fithly, hair and dust everywhere. Towels looked like they were not properly cleaned. We ordered a non-smoking room, but I could smell smoke all along the halls and in the room itself. Pillows were hard, bed was pretty comfortable overall. Television was small and had barely any good channels. In a nutshell, even for $45.99, definately not worth the trouble or the money! I DO NOT recommend this place even for a dog!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 3 March 2010

We were driving a UHaul from Michigan to North Dakota and had been fighting heavy winds for the last three hours. Knowing we still had a long ways ahead of us, we decided to stop for the night. Not knowing Fargo, we looked for something cheap and chose the Motel 6 for convenience (right off the interstate).

The night clerk was great and told us not to worry about a thing as far as parking the UHaul etc. The rooms are accessed from an interior hallway which is good. The room however was filthy. The beds felt dirty and the sheets were stained.

At $50/night it was not as cheap as we expected a Motel 6 to be either. My recommendation...keep on driving

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Rolla, MO
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Stay away. The whole place is in poor condition and not at all worth the rate. We stayed for one night on our way out to Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Stayed in a non-smoking room with 2 full beds. Definitely not worth the $62/night. Both beds were old, collapsing, and horribly uncomfortable – sagging in the middle and providing no support. The pillows were thin, old, and uncomfortable – the worst I’ve seen in any hotel and a perfect match for these beds. You had to double the pillow up to get the same thickness as any normal pillow, and unfortunately it still just felt like 2 bad pillows stacked on one another. One of our children slept in a blow-up bed which we brought along and got the best night’s sleep of all of us. The rest of us were up several times during the night due to discomfort and woke up sore and cranky. The bathroom and tub were in such bad shape we elected to skip showers. The check-in clerk was rude, and short with me when I asked questions. There is nothing I liked about this hotel. I seriously would not stay here again even if all other hotels were booked and the rate was only $5 a night. I’d sooner sleep in my car.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
grunthal,MB
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We made a bad mistake of not reading these reviews until after our stay. We stayed in this hotel because our friends stayed at the super 8 and it was completely booked (Super 8 is right next to Motel 6). The entire hotel is dirty and stinks, the woman clerk was unfriendly, and our bed sheets had hair and stains in it causing me to sleep with my clothes on and to use my sweater as a pillow. The swimming pool had gravel at the bottom. There is nothing I liked about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple