“Not all Motel 6s are created equal”

Motel 6 Fargo North
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Quesnel, Canada
“Not all Motel 6s are created equal”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Had a great experience at Hotel 6 in Brandon, Manitoba, so thought - why not try another one. Oops - big mistake. Though the rooms were recently renovated (same décor as Brandon), they were less than Spartan. No clock radio, shortage of towels, no guest directory, no info as to what tv channels were available, no fridge. Once again the laminate floors were great for pets. Staff was friendly. If you want really cheap, stay here, as long as you don't expert to have any amenities all.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and recently updated and the price was low. That's where the good ends. Middle of summer and the heater fan in the pool was cranked. The air conditioner fans were loud which was great to keep the noises and door slammings through the night drowned out. The police were there frequently. My wife heard someone on the phone figuring out how to bail someone out of jail. No cots. The extra towels probably came from the second hand store. My uncle's air conditioner smelled like pee when turned on. The maintenance guy was real nice and attended to a light problem quickly and he was probably the best part of the stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Orlando
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I stay in many Motel 6 properties because they are normally a good value and a safe place to stay. This one was like checking into an inner-city project. Noisy fights and drunks in the hall - I expected shots to ring out the first night. More police here than hotel employees. KEEPDRIVING!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 May 2013

OK we realize we waited too long to reserve a room the weekend of the Fargo Marathon. So we took what was left and now we know why this place still had a room. Walking in it had a stale cigarette smoke smell. There was no carpeting on the floor--only linoleum. I had on white socks and they were black after walking in the room. I doubt the floors had been scrubbed for quite a while. We had no Kleenex in the room. The beds were just ok with thin blankets. We could hear the people in the room next to us.

My husband did call down to the front desk and they said they would bring up an "oxidator" but we would have to leave for at least 30 minutes. So we did. When we came back we had the same smoke smell but our window had been opened. The next morning my husband complained again and they did knock some off our bill. The front staff did try to work with us.

We wouldn't ever stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Noisy, drunks in the hall every night. No fridge, no microwave(not even in the lobby),bugars on the bathroom wall, arrogant staff that seem to be anti customer. They got rid of carpets and the floor ways freezing, heater cranked and you could feel the cold coming up from the floor.

Room Tip: Rooms in other motels would be best
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was attracted by the price. I required a long term stay for work. Two of the desk staff were helpful, the Manager “Judy” was unhappy that I complained about other service and retaliated by saying you are not welcome here. The complaint I had made was valid- so valid that the Motel 6 Corporate granted two guest receipts for free stays. Judy went on a Tirade when I asked to use them and asked a question about them. The request / question was a reasonable one since it met with success at the neighboring (much nicer Motel 6 a few miles away). Judy’s bipolar or diabetic med rampage was recorded as allowed by ND single party consent laws. This is a corporate property, yet promised a more than 40 day stay conf 122486 Mar 20 thru April 30. They falsely promised taxes back at the 31 day mark but this is in direct conflict with the Motel 6 28 day stay policy. According to Fargo Police, there is a lot of activity at this location, and in fact, if yu complian you are likely to get the police called on you. The problem may be more than just the manager, according to Judy, the regional manager was ‘appealing’ the decision against the property by guest relations. I understand they are renovating some rooms, but the one I was in was a dump, no carpet, gap under the door with a cold draft like you only get in North Dakota in winter. Conversely, the management and staff at the other Motel 6 exhibited none of the behaviors of the 36th street motel 6. I have stayed in 4 start hotels, I have stayed in sand flea infested tents in the desert. The 36th Street has been the worst. I rate them below even the dive shacks by the scuba locations in Panama, at that time certainly 3rd world accommodations. Be advised, I recommend you document your experience via video or smart phone recording. Otherwise, it is your word against theirs. Oh yes, this place crawls. I called the health department.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank RickDeGraffenreid
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

Professional expediter who spends over 300 nights a year in motels/hotels across the US. This particular Motel 6 is slightly better than most. Motel is quite large and has indoor corridors for extra safety. Large indoor pool that was open & very clean. All staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable and included nice flat screen TV. Within walking distance of several eating establishments. I plan to stay here thd next time my travel bring me near.

• Stayed February 2013