“you get what you pay for”

Motel 6 Fargo North
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

we booked at the very last minute so we had not many choices of hotels (tournament going on) and didn't want to spend too much since we were just there to sleep. you have to pay for internet and there was no shampoo/conditioner only one bar of soap. I wore flip flops in the shower (didn't look clean). Only good for one night. One good thing is the location - close to west acres mall and restaurants. if you are not picky and don't want to spend to much $$ then this place would be good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank soring78

Reviewed 29 May 2014

we checked in only to find that we were told it was a room with 2 queen beds, only to find 1 queen or 2 doubles, we asked for extra pillows, they came without pillow cases, the bathroom had a stand up shower, no tub and the base was slimey feeling around the drain and showing some mold on the caulking, I talked to the desk about all the issues and all the manager said they can't get funding to fix it so......

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam G
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family stayed at this hotel for 1 night while attending the Fargo Marathon. I would rate this hotel somewhere between a 1 or 2. We had 2 rooms reserved. They only had one of the 2 rooms ready by 3pm. We decided to go to dinner at 4:30pm because the 2nd room still wasn't available. When we finally got the 2nd room after dinner we found that the room stunk of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. We asked to get another room and luckily one was still available on the first floor. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd floor rooms were smoking at one time. The room we ended up with on the first floor was OK. The laminate wood looking floors were a bit sticky and everything just seemed a bit dirty in the room. My son did manage to swim for a little bit in the small indoor pool and that seemed OK. I have stayed in a lot of Motel 6's over the years and this one just seemed to be a cut below the rest.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms are less likely to smell like smoke.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jtolson32
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights and that was enought. Rate is cheap about $43 but no breakfast and another $3 per day for internet. I stayed in one of the newer rooms they show and after the first night I had to go buy some flip flops so I could get from shower to bed. Floor was dirty and looks like it's just swept and never washed. White sheets looked old and dirty. Room did have a flat screen and I actually slept pretty well but that might be because most of the down stairs is rented out to long stay customers who probably don't work... I probably would not stay here again. Across the road is an Econo Lodge for about $10 more that's so much better ......

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roswellcop
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My last review of this Motel was not accepted. We found the room and everything else just average. It was central to a lot of things though. Very noisy. Did get a good nights sleep but was very tired.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Work a long hard day. All I want to do is rest . Dirty sheets and a very cold room . First nite had to change my own sheets . Second nite same problem . this place needs to be closed down . Staff is very bad and rude .

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank rjoshua655
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Off of I29, close to the mall, taxi ride to the airport is only $13. Burger King and Perkins right outside the hotel. Great location for 1 or 2 nights. Rooms are in good shape. This hotel is much better than Super 8 next door.
Friendly and accommodating staff.
- Far away from downtown, no breakfast option.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo