“Rodeway staff came through”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #48 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Rodeway staff came through”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We were very disgusted when we arrived to find items missing in the room, such as lamps and 1 of the 2 tv's. We immediately got a hold of Riley the desk clerk and he contacted Frank the maintenance man. Within 10 minutes they had everything replaced for us and explained that the hotel is under new management and they are in the process of remodeling the entire hotel. The only other problem we encountered was a shortage of hot water, as we had a whirlpool suite and it was awkward to try and fill it before running out of hot water. The whirlpool is outdated and should be replaced with one that you can keep it filled and hot during the length of your stay, which would prevent having to fill it everytime you want to use it. Thanks again to Frank and Riley, who made our stay very enjoyable and we will definitely be back again.

Dave & Liz

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsilverado
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Mr Silverado,

I am very pleased to hear about the service that Frank and Riley extended to you during your stay. They are definitly a great part of our team and I appreciate the lenghts they went to help you! The staff here truley do care about our guests.
First let me assure you I appreciate comments on trip advisor and I take them seriously.
As a veteran hotel Manager I am aware of the importance of trip advisor and it helps us to improve our property for our guests in the future.
This Rodeway was bought by new owners in May 2012. I accepted the position as the new General Manager about three weeks ago knowing the challenges that lie ahead with the property. I have experience at this type of facility and I have the skills and ability to lead our staff into a new era for this Rodeway. Yes it had been ignored by the previous owner and allowed to be in the state that you saw. We are working hard to make this a hotel within the Choice Brand of hotels that guest will tell friends and relatives about and come back themselves for future stays.
In the last seven weeks we have made countless changes and updates to the hotel inside and out. We have cleaned up the public areas; we are cleaning up rooms, beginning to update room beds with three sheet bedding as well as deep cleaning room to room.
We have cleaned al the carpets in public areas and guest rooms. Many of the last reviews reflect issues such as yours, and we are working hard and diligent as new owners and managers and staff to rectify every issue, big and small!
I want this hotel to be one that guests enjoy coming back to, and that staff at the hotel are proud to work at! That is my pledge as the new General Manager, and I know it is that of the owners as well. I want to assure everyone, that on a daily basis we are improving the hotel, until the day we are happy that our guests are happy with our service and facilities.
Note that we are currently finishing remodeling our meeting room, working on our new fitness center, and starting to paint the main public areas and have expanded our breakfast selections as well! Please know that I take these issues serious and will bring them all to a positive resolve!
I hope you accept my invitation that I extended in the reply to your email to me so I can make things right with you. That is my promise, to make it right. Please come back the next time you’re in Fargo and stay with us. Give us another try as we improve the hotel to meet and exceed your expectations.

Dean Rich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Perham, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel because my stepdad was having surgery down the road. I must say it was not a good experience. The walls are thin. The beds were dirty so we had to get front desk to get us new sheets and then were handed the sheets to make the beds ourselves. They didn't have any fitted sheets so we had to put two flat sheets on the bed. The "new" sheets were stained. You could hear everything outside and above your room. The doors shut but there was space above the door where you could see out. I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you absolutely have too. As I am a housekeeper at a hotel out of town I didn't think I would have to come here and make beds. Another thing the rooms are tiny and the walls are dirty. The fridge in our room was nicer than the entire room.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
I appreciate comments on trip advisor to help us improve our hotel.
We have ordered and received fitted sheets now and is a vast improvement over the flat sheets only. Our new entire order of linens are replacing the old stained lines used by the previous owner and management.
In the last three weeks we have made countless changes and updates to the hotel inside and out. We have cleaned up the public areas; we are cleaning up rooms, beginning to update room beds with three sheet bedding as well as deep cleaning room to room.
I have obtained estimates to carpet clean the entire facility and plan to begin that process immediately.
I am also training and working with the staff to improve customer service to our guests.
I would invite you to call me at the hotel to discuss this further so I can make things right with you. That is my promise, to make it right. Please come back the next time you’re in Fargo and stay with us. Give us another try as we improve the hotel to meet and exceed your expectations.

Pelican Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Checked tripadvisor after our stay .. Should have checked BEFORE. Evidently even though corporate have read these reviews and responded nothing has changed. Just sent an email to the General Manager, but don't think anything will be resolved as the problems we experienced have been on going, dirty rooms, cold water, faucetts not working etc. Will have to say I had the coldest shower I have ever had on my travels. Only stayed one night and feel lucky had not booked for an extended stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
TerryAnn L of Pelican Rapids MN,

As I explained in detail to you in response to your personal email to me as well, let me explain a little of what we are doing at the Rodeway in Fargo ND.

Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We arrived at 4:45pm to check into this hotel. We received our room key & when we got to the room, the door was open, exposing a huge mess. Our room was supposed to be ready at 3:00pm. Went to the front desk & they acted like it was no big deal. They told us to come back in a half hour or so. We had things to do and came back at 10:00pm. Yes it was cleaned up, but no hot water! Waited a half hour & it was still ice cold! Tried again at midnight & it was still ice cold. We ended up sleeping on the top cover cause there were many stains on the sheets. Tried the shower at 6:45 & still no hot water. Called the front desk & asked if there was a problem with their water heater. They said they didn't know & demanded to know why I didn't call the night before. Wow, now that's customer service. I felt like telling them we could have just as well have slept in our van down by the river. At least in the van there isn't any scary stains. We went to check out shortly after the phone call. Went to the front desk and saw the pool was closed off. We asked the guy at the front desk why it was closed & he didn't even know it was closed, let alone the reason why. In closing, don't even bother checking this one out!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Kim S
I appreciate comments on trip advisor to help us improve our hotel.
We have had all the water heaters repaired as the plumbing connections were all corrode. I am also trainingand working with the staff to improve customer service to our guests.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Shabby looking from the outside, but on a main street at least. The annoying person who checked me in (mid 30's, too tight shirt, scar on side of face) I think he might have been the owner, was so nosy and asking me so many questions I started to feel uncomfortable! I was supposed to be in a non-smoking room, but it smelled like an old ash tray. Pillows were old and flat, pulled back my sheets to find several black hairs, ewwww! Hopefully they were from whoever made up the room and not the last guest, whatever the case may be I will never be staying here again!

• Stayed September 2012
gbanchor1,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Rodeway. We are aware of our areas needing attention and are working hard to address them.
Let me explain a little of what we are doing at the Rodeway in Fargo ND.
We have also ordered new linnens, sheets and pilows and I am working with the housekeeping department to ensure clean and pleasant rooms.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The place seemed okay when we first arrived. We were REALLY early so we understood that our room wasn't ready yet. They told us to try back in a couple hours. We went shopping, lost track of time and ended up signing in after dinner. We had 2 rooms signed in and they were good about making sure that we were placed across the hall from one another. The rooms appeared fine. They were clean from what we could see. Only could have used some modern updates. We were disappointed in the cleanliness of the pool and hot tub. The area was full of dirty towels. One was even hanging half way in the hot tub. They came in to load the cart with fresh towels, but couldn't have been bothered to clean up the garbage or dirty towels off the floor. The hot tub had some sort of settlement at the bottom of it.
There was quite a bit of noise going on around us in the hallway and outside, but it all seemed to settle down to nothing by about 11:30.
In the morning we went down for some coffee. The selection for breakfast was fairly decent: coffee, juice, cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast, and waffles. The guy was very good about refilling items that needed to be tended to. The dining room was a decent size.
The worst thing that might actually cause me not to return was the fact that my daughter had soaked through her pull up a bit over night. When we were about to check out I figured that I had better peel back the protective cover for the mattress so that they would know it needed to be tended to. I found an oversize dried pool of blood underneath which seemed like an awful lot for someone's period and in the wrong placement to be so either. Who knows what it's from but I can't help but my mind wander on that one!

Room Tip: Good breakfast and a large dining room. Some rough looking guests, but it did quiet down. Blood st...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
char540, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Hi there,

Thanks for choosing our hotel. We are looking into the matress issue and are sorry for any noise or other inconvenience you may have encountered.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and that otherwise your stay was ok. Feel free to contact me and I will give a discount should you decide to give us a second chance.

Thanks again,

Charline King
Director of Sales
Reviewed 15 October 2012

First time in Fargo and couldn't find a hotel so we reserved a room at rodeway inn. When we arrived we find out they gave our room away and only had a smoking handicapped room available which wouldn't be cleaned until 4:00 so we had to wait, meanwhile we requested nosmoking and we find out they let pets stay in that room and I have an allergy to animals. In our room it smelled, the sheets were filthy, carpet disgusting and shower we never set foot in because it was unclean looking. Screen in window ripped and bent so anyone could break in if window open. Phoned for a clean sheet, waited 30 minutes no one showed yet so I went to counter and two boys on computer said they were busy to get sheets were coming shortly. Finally got to bed only to listen to partying and stomping on roof. No sound barrier what so ever. Breakfast only had toast, cereal, and waffles left and it was only 8:00 no fruit or bagels. Do not recommend staying here I would have rather slept in my truck for the price we paid to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
Candy0601
I appreciate comments on trip advisor and I take them seriously.
Let me explain a little of what we are doing at the Rodeway in Fargo ND.
I am sorry for the experience you had with us and I am working hard to correct the issues you spoke of. Cutomer service is of the most importance to me and I have high expectations of my staff to treat guests more appropriately.

Dean Rich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fargo
Econo Lodge East
Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center
Quality Inn West Acres
Quality Inn West Acres
#42 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!