“Close To Everything!”

Ranked #49 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Bottineau, North Dakota
“Close To Everything!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Accessible to Highways and Points of Interest. I stayed there because of the Low Rate and
accessibility to everything. Crontinental Breakfast was great! NO package food! Fresh Fruit and pastry available all the time waffles or toast all you can eat. Very Clean and presentable bedroom.. Recommend getting a room in the back off main hallway, less noisy from guests coming in LATE at night. Desk staff very helpful and courteous, Walking distance to restaurants,even for fast foods. I guess it depends on when you stay there for a fair review. I stayed there twice during the spring summer months and had NO COMPLAINTS. When in Fargo, this is MY automatic motel to stay at!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and in the back, off of the main hallway, less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
abbynormal1971,

Thank You so much for your kind review! We appreciate and look foward to reviews such as yours, and it is especially nice that you are a repeat guest sharing your review. This lets us kmow we are indeed continuing to improve the hotel.
My staff works very hard to make every guests stay an enjoyable one, and we are happy you are a testimonial to that!
We look foward to seeing you again on your next visit to Fargo.

Dean Rich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dodge Center, MN
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Awesome hotel experience. Very clean. Renovation was in progress, but did not interfere with my stay. Very nice and clean continental breakfast area. Beds were extremely comfortable. No restaurant attached, but was right next door.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Kathy B,

Thank You for sharing your review about your stay with us at the Fargo Rodeway Inn.
We have worked hard to make the Rodeway Inn a return destination to our guests visiting us.
We look forward to your visit next time you come to Fargo.

winnipeg
Reviewed 29 March 2013

No Really !! we where involved in a serious accident ( no injuries !! ) in the front of the hotel . In the aftermath , Dean the manager appeared and We cannot express our gratitude to him . not only did he provide food and a phone and a place to gather ourselves , His kindness and empathy we will be forever grateful .
On our return trip form Msp we stayed one night and where completely satisfied . check inn was fast , night clerk was very helpful getting extra blankets and pillows .
room was basic but clean , breakfast was among the best we ve had .
I think the owners are slowly turning the hotel around and we have made reservations for a return stay . I believe the hotel is now non smoking which is a huge plus and the pool area was small but clean . we will be staying here again !!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
picaaso,

I am so happy everyone no was not hurt from what could have been a very bad situation from the auto accident you were involved in!
When I saw what had happened from my pool area as I looked out at the intersection I knew I had to do something. And that something led me to know one of the best families I could have become acquanted with!
Thank you so much for your kind words! It means alot to me personally! It was a pleasure to help you and get to know you and your family during and after your incident.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us upon your return from vacationing and continuing home.
I look foward to talking with you in the future and as a side note, we are painting again and continuing to improve the hotel. I canrt wait for you to see how it look when you visit us next time you are in Fargo!

Safe travels wherever you go!

Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Scarce hot water, door keys (3) didn't work and staff couldn't fix them, we had to wait for maids to open the doors, dirty carpet, drunken fights in the hallways ...The worst experience ever. Also bathroom exhaust fan didn't work and was hanging off the wall.

• Stayed March 2013
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Grandmatootwo,
I want to address your concerns here on trip advisor since no one called to talk to me personnaly as the General Manager so I could make things right with you during your stay.
I had many compliments on the cleanliness of rooms and the hotel in general. Many guests that have been here in the past have made comments how much we have improved the hotel! So i am a little concerned by some of your comments. We are addressing the smoking rooms and are painting them as we speak as the last effort to rid the smoke smell since we have gone 100% smoke free! Beyond that, the rooms have had all carpets and upholstry professionally cleaned and the staff have thouroughly cleaned all rooms and maintain a high standard of cleaning under my direction.
The fight ( only one fight, not fights) that did happen is an issue that happens sometimes in a hotel environment at times during multiple events and depending upon the event it can escalate peoples behaviors. This is beyond our control, but staff did work to resolve it. It was unfortunate that this happened and the police did evict these guests from the hotel.
We do not tolerate this behavior and we are proactive to ensure the safety of all our guests.
It would be more appropriate to have addressed this in person so we could talk over the issues you had and come to a happy resolve. Unfortunately this did not happen.
I hade many compliments that weekend even though we were full and had many events happeing in Fargo. I dont believe we deserve a 1 hoot, and i know the rooms are clean and the staff strive to give the best service in town.... I will vouch for that personally as we have worked hard training about customer service.
I do apologize for any expections we fell short on, and rest assured we have already had a staff meeting about this and how to improve for future guests.

Dean Rich

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We booked a one night stay thru Hotelsone website, requesting a non-smoking room with queen bed. Arrived and checked in, proceeded to the room and upon entering, immediately noticed the odor of smoke. On my way back to the front desk to request a room change to the non-smoking we had reserved, I noticed that many of the rooms had a small plaque on the door stating that they were non-smoking rooms, but there was not one on the room we had been given. At the desk, I stated that we had reserved a non-smoking room, and the room we were put into was definitely not one. The person at the desk stated that it had just been thoroughly cleaned, and had been converted to a non-smoking room. I stated that the odor was still strong, and I preferred a different room. He said he could put us in a different room, but they didn't have any more non-smoking rooms with queen beds, only two twin beds.
Since that wasn't acceptable either, we ended up staying in the original room. I didn't have a problem with smoke odor, but the fact that the hotel tried to pass off a smoking room as a non-smoking one really irked me. Based on this fact, I would not stay at this place again....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
In North Dakota a law was passed in the last election that
Mandated all hotels convert to entirely
non smoking. All hotels that had smoking rooms
are working hard to convert all rooms to non smoking
Standards.
We have deep cleaned every room in including the smoking rooms from carpet
to drapes, to chairs and linens.
Even with all the cleaning a few rooms still
have a small odor of smoke. We are continuing
to work on this for the comfort of our guests.
It is more difficult on extremely busy
nights such as your stay was on. Because of these busy nights we do not always have the ability to move to a room style we would like to be able.
As we renovate through all 92 rooms of which the rooms that were
smoking will be done first, we will have a few
issues. But rest assured we are working hard to
make the Rodeway, under new ownership and management,
a great value and a great hotel to stay at while
in Fargo. The past reviews are testimonials to
how hard we are working toward this goal!
I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again on your
next visit to Fargo.
Our staff goes the extra mile to accommodate
and make every guest feel special.
I apologize we did not meet your expectations
this time. But our staff will continue to
make the service at the Rodeway a number one
priority!
Thank you for your comments and to allow us to
grow better from them.

Saint Paul Park, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past few months. The rooms are clean, the staff is nice and friendly. Breakfast was good. Pool area was also clean and inviting. I will stay at this hotel again when I stay in Fargo.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Timothy E
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Alexander R
Thank you so much for your kind words!
It is a pleasure to hear comments like this and it
really makes the staff feel great to know the hard
work the put into the hotel can make
our guest feel so good and appreciated!
We continue to make improvements at the hotel daily.
Until your next visit to Fargo, please have safe
travels wherever you may go.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn and it was some of the best service that I have ever received. The staff was very welcoming and the value was great! I had some troubles checking in due to 3rd party booking, but the general manager, Dean Rich, was very understanding and accommodating. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had been remodeled recently, and I believe there are other parts of the hotel being remodeled due to the new ownership. I was very impressed with the continental breakfast as well. It was fresh and they had quite the selection to choose from! Overall, this was a great hotel and I would strongly recommended choosing the Rodeway Inn over any other hotel in the Fargo/Moorhead area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexander R
Dean R, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Alexander R
Thank You so much for the kind review!
My staff work hard to make your stay enjoyable and they always
appreciates seeing how happy our guests are while staying with us!
It is nice to hear that our efforts to improve service and the facilty are recognized.
Until your next stay with us in Fargo, have safe travels!

Dean Rich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fargo
Econo Lodge East
Quality Inn West Acres
#40 of 50 in Fargo
Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN
Baymont Inn & Suites Fargo

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!