“superb night”

The Knife & Cleaver
Reviewed 30 June 2014

fantastic setting for the right reasons, nice garden area, traditional pub setting. superb food and service, very attentive staff nothing to much trouble and even cooking tips divulged by the chef, cant praise this establishment enough. thanks

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 544b
Graham R, Owner at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thanks from us all, Great places need Great people & Great Guests thanks so much for taking time and writing your review for all to see.
Thanks so much from us all
Graham, Terry & all at The Knife & Cleaver

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and would definitely return. The staff were great and very accommodating to all my needs! I was especially impressed with the kitchen......I have a fructose malabsorption and I had plenty of option for all my breakfasts and dinners. They made my meals from scratch and knew what I was talking about so I felt safe ordering and eating here. Would highly recommend this establishment and the pleasant town surrounding it! The accommodation was was very good and looks nice and modern. The shower was great and I couldn't tell if I had neighbours! Also, the wifi was very reliable.
If you are looking for a place to stay down this neck of the woods, the knife and cleaver will not disappoint.....

Cheers
Phil

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Phil N
Graham R, Owner at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thanks for taking time and writing your review, great to hear from you.
Thanks for your kind comments and come back soon.
All at The Knife & Cleaver

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant went last night with two other friends amazing food service can't go wrong food al la carte great wines and lovely atmosphere
They gave a pet parrot which keeps you entertained
Puddings are to die for panacotta was amazing

• Stayed: June 2014
Graham R, Manager at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

The puddings are wicked!!! Rob, our Dessert Chef specialises in expanding our guests waistlines!!
Have a jog about, a quick run and we hope to see you again soon
Thanks,
All at The Knife & Cleaver

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great customer service, they catered for my wifes dietary needs without batting an eyelid for both the evening meal and breakfast.
Very friendly staff.
Great food, lovey garden area in which to relax.
A great nights stay.
Thank you all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for your very kind words.
I will pass on your thanks. Great to hear from you and so pleased you had a good time.
Graham & Terry and all the team at The Knife & Cleaver

Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a fantastic little gem of a place, tucked away, in the middle of a lovely little village. The food was fantastic, the pub atmosphere brilliant, the service from most was good in the evening the lady in the morning was lovely and really attentive, the room was great. My family and I (8 of us in total, including a 7 year old and a 6 month old shih Tzu puppy) were made very welcome at the Knife & Cleaver last weekend. My sister lives near by, so next time we are visiting, I will rebook the Knife & Cleaver. The English breakfast the following morning was the best English breakfast I have had in a long long time and I work in hotels. The evening meal was fantastic, quality was superb, and just the right portion size. Thank you to the Knife & Cleaver for making a family get together so special. 10 out of 10!! loved it!! and will be back. Say hi to Crumbs the Parrot from us.

Room Tip: If you are taking a dog, ask for the end room with the little private garden area for dogs, it is id...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BinfieldUK
Graham R, Owner at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Arrive as a guest leave as a friend, Thanks so much great you enjoyed your stay with us.
Graham & Terry and all the team at The Knife & Cleaver

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had the pleasure of staying for two nights whilst on business in Bedford. The room we stayed in was spotlessly clean with all the facilities you would expect including free wi-fi. The highlight of the stay was a fantastic meal in the restaurant. The food was superb, the service prompt and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The following morning I enjoyed a freshly cooked English breakfast . I would thoroughly recommend the Knife and Cleaver and in particular the restaurant (but be sure not to upset the friendly hotel parrot)!.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Graham R, Owner at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thanks so much you are great to write such a review and Crumbs (parrott) send his love
Thanks
Graham, Terry & all the team at The Knife & Cleaver

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My partner and I recently stayed here for two nights whilst attending a nearby wedding, and very much enjoyed our stay.

The accommodation was comfortable and provided all that we needed, along with good parking facilities.

We loved the hotel's bar and restaurant, and sampled the lunch and evening menu during our stay. The staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful or welcoming from the moment we arrived.

Unfortunately we did not meet Graham, but Terry was a wonderful host and took time to chat with us through the evening. I enjoyed what must be the best risotto I had ever eaten in a restaurant. I later discovered that it was personally cooked by Terry himself!

The public areas are tastefully furnished and are a very welcome place to relax and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine. I would definitely return to sample more of Terry's cooking and the hospitality of his Team.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele P
Graham R, Owner at The Knife & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

So sorry I didn't meet you, I am afraid I have a bit of walking dificulty, but thanks for letting us all know that you enjoyed yourselves, and thanks for writing your review.
Graham & terry & all the team at The Knife & Cleaver.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houghton Conquest
#14 of 18 in Bedford
The Sharnbrook Hotel
The Sharnbrook Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sharnbrook

Been to The Knife & Cleaver? Share your experiences!