“Amazing Experience”

Paradise Cove Resort
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have never had as positive of an experience at a hotel as I did at Paradise Cove. My wife and I spent four nights here in August '14 as part of a honeymoon trip to Fiji. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the hotel staff. Every staff member takes the time to learn your name, and remember it throughout your stay. We had a suitcase that never made it on our flight from L.A., and the hotel staff took the lead and contacted the airport to make sure that it would arrive the next day (no easy task with all of the land and sea connections between the airport and the island). Noa was probably our favorite from the P.C. staff. Tim was great as well.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that the resort offers unlimited free wifi for all guests. Given the islands remote location, this was an unexpected luxury.

We stayed in one of the bungalows, who's interior was nice but nothing overly luxurious. The highlight of the room is probably the outdoor shower. Air conditioning is provided and works well, although we barely needed it during our stay (got down to 65 F at night). We didn't know what to expect from the food, as it was a pre-fix meal plan - but the quality of the food far exceeded our expectations. The menu rotated every other day, and I would say it was the best food we ate throughout our entire trip (and we ate at some very expensive restaurants after leaving). Given the difficulty in getting supplies to the island, I was very impressed with the freshness of the ingredients. Alcohol was very reasonably priced IMO.

The resort offers a wide range of activities every day, and compared to other resorts we stayed at, were very cheap. The Manta Ray snorkeling trip is a must. We received a complimentary couples massage right on the beach. They offer a private picnic lunch on a remote island which was a great day.

Jodi and Elvis in the PADI dive shop are great as well. Both are very knowledgeable. There are some great dive spots very close by, and the pricing is much cheaper than I found in the Coral Coast.

Overall, while the food, beach, and facilities are wonderful, what really makes Paradise Cove special are the people. While Fijians might be known for being some of the nicest, the ones who work at Paradise Cove are on another level. I highly recommend P.C., and look forward to returning!

3  Thank Robert L

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I recently spent 6 nights at Paradise Cove in a Garden Bungalow and it was perfection. The food is by far the best we have ever eaten at a resort....in fact the dinners are probably the best food we have eaten anywhere. Our accommodation was comfortable, clean and well appointed and all facilities are in pristine condition. There are various daily activities - snorkeling trips, trips to the village where most of the staff were born and still live, swimming with manta rays, hand line fishing, bush walks, yoga, kayak trips, etc. All are well organised and the guides are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Previous reviews have stated that the snorkeling off the beach is poor - this could not be further from the truth. There is an attractive, well developed coral reef off the beach approximately 100m to the left of the resort. There is quite a sharp drop off from the reef to some quite deep water and as a result there are large fish such as blue fin trevally as well as several tropical fish species (pics uploaded). Some inexperienced snorkelers found it a little daunting, but it is fine for anyone with reasonable experience/ability, the only real danger being getting hit by a landing seaplane!

All the staff are fantastic! Sai couldn't do enough for us and is now my wife's Facebook friend! Laid back Knox in the bar is a master cocktail maker and Sunia was a great guide on our various trips.

A very special place.

5  Thank RJS2
Reviewed 20 August 2014

It takes a little while to get to Paradise Cove by boat - so if you are at all prone to motion sickness, come by plane which will deliver you to the beachfront of the resort. Staff are great, Fijian people are so friendly, welcoming and helpful . Also, I was able to meet Joe, Nicole & Dave , co-owners of the resort. Very nice people who have created this top quality resort. All of my meals were superb. Wifi is available in all areas, although it is slow and comes and goes a bit. There is no live TV ( but who needs TV on holiday! ) but the in house TV system is loaded with lots of movies ( all free to watch ). No gym , but most hotel gyms are disappointing anyway! - and I did enjoy the twice daily yoga sessions. There is a free snorkel trip to a neighboring island just 10 mins away which is worth doing.
There are many options available for a holiday in Fiji - Paradise Cove is an excellent option - and would I return , well yes - it is paradise !

Room Tip: Garden bungalows are fine - but pay a little extra for a beachfront villa - these are superb!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Glenn G
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Just the most amazing place. Wonderful setting, delicious food, good clean rooms and facilities, great activities, and exceptional staff. The friendliest, nicest place I've ever stayed. Wish I didn't have to leave. Next time I come back I'm staying for longer.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Bula,

Stayed at Paradise Cove Resort from the 7th till the 14th of August in a 2 bedroom garden villa, with our adult daughter, her husband and 1.5 year daughter.
The rooms were spotlessly clean with very nice king size beds and fresh flowers and sheets every day, short walk to the beach, rooms are very spacious with lovely outdoor showers, one a rain shower, the other one a handheld, so could shower together which was nice, 2nd bedroom has separate toilet and entrance, very convenient!
Sitting room has a tv which lots of films and entertaining, but no live tv, which was fine for us.

Food is truly amazing, breakfast is buffet and a la carte, lunch a la carte with lots of choice and blackboard menu, dinner 5 course, fine dining at its best, loved the deserts!

Staff is super friendly, just to mention a few, Sai who kept asking how our day was and what is your room number Jacob, of course in fijian, duwi deewa, or 19, not sure if i spelled this correctly.
Jo who kept refilling our water bottles at the table and Mosese for his permanent smile, and so many more who,s names i can,t remember, all of you a big Vinaka ;)

There is also lots to do, we went snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boards, church on sunday, all complimentary, handline fishing, swimming with mantarays, sunset cruise etc. for a small fee.

Could have stayed a lot longer, you just don,t want to leave, especially which such nice weather, everyday sun, lazing around on the sunloungers or hammocks, by the pool or dipping your toes in the sea, beachwalks, drinking cocktails, getting to know other people from all corners of the world.

One day we might be back,
Bula, Vinaka , Tim and the amazing team from Paradise Cove
Regards, jacob, marijke, joseph, jeanie and meeka....

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom Garden villas are perfect with kids, but also suitable for 2 couples and an infant, an...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aperloo
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed in the 2 and four bedroom beach houses across the channel and opposite the resort. These are well designed luxury villas that cater for a couple, families or two couples. A central kitchen, lounge/dining area with large double bedrooms either side. Both bedrooms have their own fantastic semi outdoor en suite with twin basins and twin showers. We had two couples and the concept worked extremely well with plenty of space, privacy and fantastic deck area that opened to the beautiful sandy beach, extensive views back to the main resort 200m across the channel and evening sunsets.
We had the option of utilizing the well equipped kitchen facility in the villa or the great food in the the resort.
I have had a number holidays in the Yasawa Group and this is is by far my best experience. I can not recommend these villas highly enough for luxury, pristine beach, beach facilities and access as required to the main resort facilities.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Webo781
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. We booked late so were only able to stay two nights but I wish we could stay longer. We actually organised our trip around staying here because of its reviews and I can now see why it is rated so highly.

We stayed in a 2 bed Garden Villa and the room was incredible. The villa was fitted out with all the comforts you would ever need, the mini bar was complimentary which is a nice touch, and the room was always clean. The outdoor bathroom was amazing.

The location is great, there's not a lot of reef for snorkelling directly off the beach but you can kayak or walk around to the other side of the island and find a secluded area to snorkel or just relax on a 'private' beach. The coral on the other side of the island was relatively undamaged which is hard to find on other resorts. I'd definitely recommend testing out your paddling endurance and checking out the other side of the island, it's beautiful.

What makes this place a stand-out is the food and the service. The food was the best I've ever had at a hotel or resort, and given it's all on a set daily fee, it wasn't that expensive. The food was really fresh and it's easy to enjoy a 5 course meal every night! The staff here are also amazing - friendly, happy and caring. Strike up a conversation and you won't be disappointed.

As I said in the title, we've stayed in a lot of hotels and resorts around the world but this was the best experience we've had. If you're travelling to Fiji and can afford to stay here (it's not cheap but still worth the money) then definitely do it!

Advice - make this or Octopus Resort the first or last stop of your trip through the Yasawas so you can use the resort speed boat to get back to Nadi - saves you 3 hours compared to using the Yasawa Flyer.

5  Thank Gavman81
#1 of 15 in Yasawa Islands
Octopus Resort
Octopus Resort
#1 of 3 in Waya Island

Been to Paradise Cove Resort? Share your experiences!