Sunnydale Holiday Park - Park Resorts
“Diane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from 7 days. The park was clean and the caravan was lovely and really clean. The best bit about our stay was the entertainment esp geoff, alex and billy who were really good with both children and adults. Everynight there was something different and our children 9 and 5 went everynight and loved it no matter what we did in the day, we had to be back for the evening entertainment.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank diane B
Park R, General Manager at Sunnydale Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am extremely proud that the team members you mentioned really stood out during your stay. Every one of our team members truly wants to help all of our guests have the best holiday possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Skegness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

A really nice site, small and friendly with everything a family needs for a great holiday. The childrens entertainers were the best i'd seen in ages. They really went out to give the children of all ages a fantastic time. We are grand parents who took 3 of our grandchildren from 10 to 13 years and they thoroughly enjoyed the holiday park so much so that they want us all to go next year. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Good indoor swimming pool with small shop attached, lots of activities, friendly bar staff whom remembered what we ordered. Great little chip shop just off the park. Really good pubs in the village with a larger shop. The was one drawback, the state of the caravan was disgraceful. (number 82) It had not been serviced from the last visitors. I spent the first 2 hours cleaning, sweeping dust from under the tv stand and washing all the pots, I found sticky sweets in cupboards and draws. windows were dirty and the big front window was stained with bird poo. The seating was so black with dirt, I placed towels on them before we stat down on them. So for this reason, when I do book again I will upgrade. I did not complain because everything eles was so lovely and we were only there for the weekend. But if these cleaners cleaned for me, I'd dismiss them.

Room Tip: free wifi in bar area but not a great service. reception for phones was none existent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eileendkeefe
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our entertainment on park and enjoyed our heated indoor swimming pool. It is always pleasing to hear from guests who have enjoyed their stay, and it was particularly pleasing that you mentioned the staff as customer service is a big focus here at Sunnydale.

However, I am disappointed to hear that your accommodation was not up to our usual high standard on this occasion, and I would like to sincerely apologise for this. I would encourage reporting such issues to us whilst you are on park so that we have the opportunity to rectify it, either by sending housekeeping to re-clean the unit, or if necessary relocate you to new accommodation. It appears that our usual high standards have been overlooked and as a result of your feedback I will be raising this with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that our processes and check-off lists are being adhered to at all times. I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sunnydale so that we may have the chance to show you our usual high standards.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our first intial thoughts were this doesn't seem to bad, the girl on reception was over run with people waiting trying to book in and out but was fairly informed and basically from then on it went down hill. The caravan stunk of wee we couldn't use the third twin room it was awful so we spent 3 uncomfortable nights with children sleeping in the lounge the carpet had more hair in it than a hairdressers floor, the loo didn't flush which was eventually resolved. The entertainment was poor and there was underage drinking, the arcades was next to pointless as nothing worked and when things got stuck or didn't work it took a age for anyone to come and help. We decided to have lunch after swimming one day we all choose our food went to order and was told they were delaying lunch service because they had a busy morning! After seeing a family sat there choosing food etc they of at least came and told us when we sat down or put a notice up. The swimming pool was full of unsupervised children and was overcrowded to the point of rubbing shoulders swimming wasn't an option, We didn't bother with showers as they are so dirty and mouldy and only 4 lockers worked. Mablethorpe was nice and the gala on the Saturday evening was fantastic. I would return to mablethorpe but I will not be returning to this park. I have also left a medical bag in the caravan I called them the same day they had found it but couldn't tell me if they could send it and said they would call the next day... 4 days later still no news!! What a surprise.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at Sunnydale. I was disappointed to see that your stay was not up to expectations, as this is not indicative of our usual high standards. I am aware that you had a telephone conversation with a member of staff regarding the bedroom in your allocated unit, and we have contacted you directly regarding this. I am happy that the maintenance issue was resolved at the earliest convenience.

I am however sorry that you felt there were unsupervised children in the pool as health and safety is a main focus of ours, and the lifeguards do abide by the strict rules in place. I have been to the pool changing area and found no fault with the lockers.

I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies that the bar had stopped serving food, and I have since commenced with retraining the staff over their efficiency of service.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the Saltfleet gala as we have had some great feedback from this event, and we do have many guests who keep returning each year for this.

I do hope that in this instance you will not judge us too harshly, and we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again to show you our usual high standards.

Kempston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Lovely site, though a bit remote, entertainments and bar excellent, as was the caravan. Friendly, efficient, helpful, staff. Kids enjoyed the pool. Lovely quite bit of Lincolnshire coast, nice for coastal walks, although you have to travel a bit if you want something a bit livelier (half an hour or so to Cleethorpes, Mablethorpe a bit nearer), Coming again next year!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Graham_H109
Thank you for posting a review of our park on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We’re privileged to be situated in an area of outstanding beauty, with lots to do locally within a short driving distance away.

I am particularly pleased to read your comments regarding our team, as excellent service really matters to each one of us. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed as two families with a tourer. We do have a shower and a loo but as there were 6 of us we wanted to use the facilities on site, such as showers and toilet. The toilets were not cleaned for 3 days, muck on the floor, hand dryers just not working for most of the week, same with hair dryers. Showers just rubbish and dirty. No working soap dispensers and no loo roll. Basics. Last time I visit a park resort, it was disgusting to say the least!

Also over an hour to receive food which was then wrong. The staff are worked to death, more needed and with less jobs so things actually get done correctly. We were happy to leave to be honest.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Sarah S
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay here at Sunnydale. It is disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We complete regular checks of the toilets to ensure we maintain high standards and I am sorry to hear that they were not as you should expect to find them. I have passed your comments on to the relevant department manager to ensure we rectify this for the future and there is no re-occurrence.

With the arrival of a new menu this year the feedback we have received to date has been excellent, however I am sorry to hear that your meal did not meet your expectations this time.

I am sorry that your stay was not as expected and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Park Resorts to show you our usual high standards.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked less than a week before travel, found a deal on the park resort website. I couldn't fault the correspondence prior to arrival. Friendly staff upon arrival and where the caravan was. Hadnt expected the upgrade but very happy. The entertainment was good, the swimming pool was good, didn't want to leave. Had booked before reading reviews to which they were quite low but a holiday is what you make it - I had no complaints just a couple of things to be aware of - a little tight in parking but you do get next to your caravan, and mobile phone reception is poor to non existant but go do the road 100 yards and its fine. Travel approx. 20 mins to mablethorpe and an hour to Skegness - perfect for me, my partner and 9/12 & 14 year old. id recommend the pork bap in the evening £4.95 but filling - other meals I didn't sample looked pricey but remember you don't have to eat there, Billy & Alex were perfect hosts, Receptionists & Security were also 1st Class. Id highly recommend a stay at the location but remember it is further out so be prepared to travel or stay put - I could go on and write more but wouldn't wish to spoil it for others

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jacqueline g
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and thank you for your kind words. The whole team here at Park Resorts work incredibly hard to ensure that you create amazing memories on your holiday, so it is particularly pleasing that you mention the quality of our team.
I was glad that you got a great last minute deal and that you enjoyed our facilities on park, as we do work hard to maintain the facilities that we have.

We are in a remote location but we have some fantastic attractions that are just a short driving distance away. Unfortunately we are unable to do anything about the restricted phone signal in our area, but it is an added bonus for some guests as you can have a relaxing stay.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Myself husband and 2 10 yr old girls had an amazing time. The entertainment staff are brilliant. Alex n Billy are great with the kids, completely on their level, don't patronise them. They get then kids involved in the activities and they seem to thoroughly enjoy themselves. Nothing is to much trouble. If the kids are happy, the parents are relaxed! They also have a nice way of getting the adults involved too. At one point there were more parents doing the party dances than there were kids. Geoff is a great singer, magician and all round entertainer and before you know it he has the audience participating.
The bar staff are hard working and the prices aren't bad at all. A pitcher of Stella (4 pints) was abt £12, which for a holiday site whereby would expect massively inflated prices, is really not bad at all. The food was fine for the cost as well.
The site is nice and clean and the facilities are OK. The shop is basic, but you wouldn't expect anything else. The pool is nice and clean and the life guards are friendly.
The beach is about 15 mins walk away and is really quiet. The kids loved it. They player for ages in the sea and at one point a young seal came over for a bit of a swim with them.
Salt fleet is a car drive away from mabelthorpe, Cleethorpes skegness n Grimsby -- so there are plenty of places to do food shopping, fair rides and days out.
All in all an amazing holiday.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank k3014

It was also a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our facilities and that they were clean.

I am glad that you and your family had an amazing time with us. Thank you once again and we hope to see you return soon.

01507 338 100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saltfleet
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
Grange Leisure Park
Grange Leisure Park
#8 of 8 in Mablethorpe
The Old Manor House at North Somercotes
The Old Manor House at North Som...
#1 of 4 in North Somercotes
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and Bed & Breakfast
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and ...
#3 of 4 in North Somercotes

Been to Sunnydale Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!