We have just returned from spending a week at this villa, we have an excellent week.
The villa was lovely and the outside space is brilliant and also very safe. The only downfall is the villa had no air conditioning so that did spoil it for us as it was so hot and there was so way of escaping the heat.
I have thought a lot about this review and was determined not to be a winging tourist but rather approach it from a professional and constructive angle. I harbour no ill will toward owner but I feel compelled to be constructive and honest in my review. If your concern is the misrepresentation part only just scroll down to that part.
I’ll start with the positives and then move on to the areas of improvement and finally the misrepresentation of the property. The property is situated in a forest glen with nearby access to walks which is peaceful for the most part except for a neighbour at the bottom of the drive that likes to play exceedingly loud music all day on a Saturday.
Another very good feature of the property is the bbq area which is the best I have ever encountered including a wood fired outdoor oven. Wood is provided although stocks were running very low. Note to travellers the property is a lot further down the very narrow road than google maps shows, just keep driving straight on till you find the number of the property supplied to you.
Now for the areas of improvement and the Misrepresentation...
1.Cleanliness and damage:The property interestingly was clean in some areas but absolutely filthy in others with the router covered in dust as an example. What was particularly nasty were the black stains running down the wall behind the wood burner chimney pipe. The main bathroom downstairs had mould on the roof and in the shower. Furniture, soft furnishings and wall art all had staining,damage and excessive wear so do take photos to protect yourself. There is also a missing Light fitting above the stoves and the locked door to the utilities room has been damaged with a crowbar.
2. While sheets are provided no duvet covers are provided and neither are mattress protectors the latter of which is unacceptable in any tourism based accommodations. It’s simply just not hygienic and we had to resort to using the sheets off the single beds on the second floor to protect us from the mattress.
The gardens and drive are becoming overrun by weeds with little or nothing being done to maintain this.
3.The Kitchen while adequately equipped was missing a crucial piece of equipment in the form of a kettle. This is surely one of the easiest ways of improving upon the property but my suggestion was shot down by the owner and explained away as something that majorcans don’t use which is faulty logic considering that in hospitality you cater the needs of your guests and not your own.
4. Misrepresentation: Now for the misrepresentation aspect of the review. The property is marketed by Villafinca and incoming property issues are managed by a firm called Homerti. In the photos and accompanying amenities as listed on the website when we booked the following was said to be available and included with the property rental but was missing and or charged for when we arrived.
They were: 4 Sun loungers (2 missing), Outdoor cushions (All missing), Dishwasher (completely missing with previous travellers experiencing this as well having left unopened dishwasher tabs behind), heating is charged for (wood burner heats one room overly well but rest of house not).
We brought this to the attention of Villafinca and Homerti who referred us on to the owner who flatly refused to address our concerns and complaints while insisting on charging us for the heating which was contractually included. This after he only arrived often 9pm on our day of arrival.
Turns out the petrol reservoir, heating controls, plumbing and fuse boxes for the property are all locked away in a room not accessible to guests. Nice way to make extra money as travellers have no way of monitoring their consumption and the owner tells you what you need to pay.
5. Safety concern: This means it’s tough luck for guests if there is a fire in this room, or a power failure or a electricity short as you will have to wait until between 8 to 10 pm at night to have the owner become available to come through and resolve the issue. Which brings another major safety issue to bear: no fire exstinguisher? Really?
So there you have it travellers be very aware, don’t fall for the marketing, always make sure you cover yourself and check all is as advertised.
We booked this property through Homeaway who have told me two different stories with regards to their review process as we have not been given access to review this property on their website at all. The first one is the Owner has control of who he sends a link for the review and the second is that the link for leaving a review is automated? For two weeks and numerous phone calls later I still have not been able to leave a review for this property on their website. Very Poor.