“Great clean Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great clean Hotel”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stay here once or twice a year. Clean friendly hotel with all the right amenities. Comes up quite often on Priceline and with those savings makes it an awesome deal. Comes with excellent free wi-fi and more than adequate breakfast with ok coffee.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Dakota
Reviewed 5 September 2013

A very clean, friendly, recently renovated hotel with a comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. Room set-up was a little odd but nothing major to compain about. Close to the mall and walking distance to the Texas Roadhouse. At breakfast, while I was eating the tasty eggs and sausage and my wife her usual healthy stuff, she said, "You should give this place a five just because of the fresh fruit".--So I did.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is within walking distance to khols and target. The location was great but the rooms were dated and tiny. We were put on the ground floor in the corner and it was non smoking but I did smell smoke. Maybe we were near the smoking area. The pool was very small as was the breakfast area, for a crowded hotel. The breakfast was hot and delicious though.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Sandy M,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Grand Forks. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our location and that you enjoyed our free breakfast. I apologize if you smelled smoke in your room. We are always more than happy to relocate you to a room that better suits your needs. I hope the next time you are in Grand Forks you will stay with us again.

John J.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Probably the best hotel stay I've ever had! Nice, clean, up-to-date facility. Very friendly staff. Pool and hot tub were great. Usually hotels have concrete slabs for beds- not here. Very soft, comfortable mattresses. The rooms are modern and clean. The free breakfast had the biggest variety I've ever seen, including fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, waffles, and scrambled eggs and patty sausage. There was four juice choices, plus fresh hot coffee is always available in the lobby. I've stayed in more "expensive" hotels that were not up to this standard. It was excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garry H
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2013

First time staying at this hotel, We were extremely happy with the cleanliness and service. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. The towels were soft and smelled so good. Equipped with a mini fridge, coffee pot, iron and hair dryer. The hot breakfast was great, many choices including scrambled eggs (which were great) and round sausge patties. Coffee was great, juice and milk available, plus many other options. I would reccommend this hotel for couples, not really set up for kids (which I certainly do not mind). The rooms, although very comfortable for 2 are really too small for 4 people. Not really any seating other than the beds or a single chair at the desk area. The shower head is way too low, I am 5'8" and I was hitting my head, if you are shorter, you would like like it, if taller......... The pool area is very clean and pool towels are provided at the pool (a plus from me) but the pool is very small and goes from 3' shallow end to 5' deep end, so being a small pool I was constantly hitting my toes on the bottom, but OK for a refreshing dip (not a gathering area no tables). The hot tub is very small (like a home hot tub) and if you turn on the jets the water all blows in your face and eyes. It is located very close to the shopping and a very safe quite area. One thing to remember if you need to go outside (I smoke so I am out there a bit), I quickly found out they key cards do not work and you have to all the way around to the front to get back inside, apparetly a problem they have had for over a year???? This is also a problem when loading your car and you have to get back inside.

Finally, with all of the above being said for my needs I would absolutely return,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is an excellent 2 1/2 star hotel -- good attention to detail throughout the inn. The breakfast is outstanding, although not quite enough seating at peak times. Besides the basic fare, extra touches such as real walnuts for the oatmeal, quality juices and waffles with blueberry syrup. Handy parking (with winter plug-ins), Pantene hair products, a courtesy call from front desk to inquire if we need anything. Near lots of shopping in the area. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank guangxiexplorer
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Got a great deal on this place through Priceline on a Canadian long weekend no less. The rooms are quiet. The quality is top notch. When we called about the ac not working, they immediately upgraded us. Great service. Breakfast was better than usual. A good value all around.

• Stayed June 2013