Select Inn Grand Forks
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Forks)
US$83
US$81
Quality Inn(Grand Forks)
US$70
US$99
Best Western Harvest Inn & Suites(Grand Forks)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
Country Inn
US$71
US$68
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We get to Grand Forks once a year and only get to stay one night. This is a motel that I wish I could stay longer. Very bright room. Love the light colored furniture. The price was right which is a plus. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a rock. It was quiet which I like. The breakfast is weak but as I've said before I don't stay at a motel to eat. I go to a restaurant for that.

Room Tip: Go down the hall from the check in desk. It could be noisy if they are busy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for the first time as they had a good price when I booked using there reservation system. The room was clean and very comfortable. The free breakfast was good but not too many choices of what to eat, only muffins, toast and english muffins. they have coffee 24hrs in lobby which I realy like.The staff were very nice and helpfull. could have used more soap and towels in the room. would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed alone at this Select Inn a couple years ago and had an ok experience: a cheap hotel that meets low expectations. However, this trip my wife and I were force into a smoking room that was so uncomfortable that we left after six hours of sleep. The stench wafted out the door when it opened but the desk could not give us another room. Sheets were stained, the comforter had a cigarette burn, the in between blanket was gritty to the touch. The smoke smell was so bad that I had to get up in the middle of the night to wash off from an allergic reaction. Showering the next morning, black streaks went down the drain from what I picked up from the carpet with my bare feet. My wife's Cpap machine had to be washed inside and out to stop the smokey smell from pushing through the machine at home.

When I confronted the person at the desk the next morning, she refused to put me to give me contact information for a manager or an owner. She was unable or unwilling to rectify the situation in any way shape or form.

If you must stay at this Select Inn, a nonsmoking room is a must. I don't have a high standard for a hotel and am pretty much willing in anything cheap, safe and clean. The smoking room is unacceptable by every measure.

Room Tip: Non-smoking only. Smoking rooms are not acceptable, even for a smoker.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalVH
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

I am very sorry for the condition of the room that you experienced when you stayed at our hotel. We pride ourselves in having a clean and comfortable property and obviously we failed with your stay. We have 100% guarantee policy at this property and obviously that failed when you tried to communicate with our front desk. Please know that your experience will be used for a training purposes with our front desk staff and I assure you that if you give us another try. We will certainly exceed your expectations. Thank you

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here with husband and kids for brief overnight on a road trip. This isn't our usual type of accommodations but we thought we'd give it a try as it was really just a place to lay our heads over night. I was pleasantly surprised! The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. All staff i interacted with were pleasant and courteos. Breakfast left much to be desired as it offered donuts, muffins and a couple of apples. I would stay again for the same reason (ie. bed for the night) but not for longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My family of 4 stayed here for 1 night while on our way to our summer vacation destination, we paid less than $60 total for the night. It was clean and safe and better than what we expected. The continental breakfast is not worth setting your hopes on, so don't bank on that.

The area is quiet and just a little out of the way, but felt safe, I went for a run in the morning that we checked out and it is close to the university, and several other hotels that are douuble the cost.

overall, I would stay here again, as a stop over only, If i was looking to stay a coule of nights, I would look for something a little more.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family