Since my last stay I have had a horrible experience and didn't even make it to the hotel. The following is what has happened.
1. Booked hotel 8 months ago because we found good rates.
2. Called hotel on Nov. 3 to cancel one day of hotel stay.
3. Asked to be emailed a new confirmation of dates we are staying.
4. Got confirmation and all of our rates had gone up to the current rates the hotel was currently offering.
5. Called hotel, talked to front desk person who didn't know what to do so referred me to manager. Left message for him explanining what happened.
6. Called 1-800 reservation number who said this was a very strange situation and that the manager should be able to fix it.
7. No call back from manager so called the next day. Explained situation and asked to please have my previous rates honored. Manager said that my rates didn't go up-that my average went up. However, this is false because I cancelled the most expensive night so my average should have gone down.
8. Conferred with friend who sets rates for a 5 star hotel where I live. She said I was not crazy and it could have been a computer glitch but the hotel should honor the previous rates.
9. Called back and left manager another message calmly explaining that this was really bothering me, left confirmation number, asked him to please honor my previous rates which should have not gone up. Explained that the rates on my new reservation are currently the rates on the website. Thus, it had nothing to do with an average but the current rates. Asked to let me know what he will do about it and if he could not do anything about it to pass me on to someone who can. On msg. told him that rates were the ones they are currently offering.
10. 4 days later. No call back. However, the rates on their website have gone up since I mentioned it earlier.
11. Called back once again. Left my number once again. Told manager I STILL have email with previous rates and would be in town this weekend. If manager would like I would come down to discuss this and show him proof.
12. Next day. Still no call back.
I have been in touch with hotel 4 times so far over 10 days and nothing has been done. I have loyal supporter of another hotel chain for years but decided to try this hotel out last year. From the service and rudeness I have received I will be going back to my old hotel.
Although the rates are what I sent out to have changed, it is the attitude and lack of caring that has really put me off. To show NO sympathy, to not offer what I originally had booked and to basically brush me off is a shame. My family had in total 10 rooms booked for the same time period and we will all be changing hotels. I would rather pay a bit more to have excellent customer service than none at all. My family is quite disappointed since they have been staying here for family gatherings for years.
I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and sometimes a night needs to be cancelled. However, my rates have NEVER gone up. Ever. I really can't believe that to make a few extra bucks this hotel is willing to lose so much business. I have been in touch with the hotel 4 times and talked to someone once, got no calls back. The phone call I had with Country Inn and Suites main reservation line leads me to believe that this is not a company wide policy but one that this Grand Forks branch has implimented on their own. Shame on you Country Inn and Suites Grand Forks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Country Inn & Suites Grand Forks! The hotel is conveniently located just off of I-29 and 32nd Ave South at exit 138 which is within 3 blocks of shopping, dining, entertainment, sporting facilities and golf courses. Location is also just minutes from the University of North Dakota, Alerus Center, Ralph Engelstad, Grand Forks International Airport and Grand Forks Air Force Base. Hotel offers complimentary Deluxe Continental breakfast, parking, weekday newspaper and High Speed Internet. Hotel also features indoor heated swimming pool, kiddie pool with slide and waterfall, fitness room and multiple suite options including the whirlpool and fireplace suite as well as the Family Suite which features a private king bedroom, 2 twin beds and a dining room table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Grand Forks
- Country Inn & Suites Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Grand Forks Country Inn
- Country Inn Grand Forks