“I chose this place because of the reviews.. ReallY?”
Review of Roadhouse Cafe

Roadhouse Cafe
Ranked #75 of 165 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American
Winnipeg, Canada
“I chose this place because of the reviews.. ReallY?”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I made an effort to search out the "BEST" breakfast place in Grand Forks so that my husband and I could enjoy our start to our road trip, and from all of the reviews placed on the internet, I got the impression that this was THE place to have breakfast.

Was I disappointed by what I experienced.. First of all, the restaurant was not busy when we ordered, but our breakfast took half an hour to arrive. O.K.. we waited, we understood that good food takes time to prepare... I had taken the special of the day, and my husband had gone for the Trucker's special.

Yes.. my two eggs, three slices of pre-cooked bacon, and 4 slices of toast took 30 minutes.. I guess that it was the cup and a half of grated potatoes that my husband had on his plate that had delayed the meal.

I couldn't believe how small the servings were.. When I realized that I had appreciated the free complimentary breakfast that I had had at my hotel the day before MORE than this experience, I realized just how poor a serving I had received.

If this is the best breakfast place in Grand Forks.. I think that next time, I'll keep driving to Grafton, North Dakota.. It's worth the 50 minutes of extra driving to be able to eat at Granny's Restaurant. My gosh.. now THAT's a good breakfast! Same price.. but so much better service, and presentation. Hmm.. that reminds me.. I'm going to go and create a positive review for Granny's restaurant. They deserve one.

• Visited July 2014

Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Above average for a truck stop!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've stopped here many times after a long shift at work-especially when they are open 24/7, this is nice. They serve breakfast round the clock too. I recommend the rib stickers, probably the best bang for your buck on the breakfast menu. Burgers are great too! Waitresses here are usually the same time after time and are pretty nice gals. Will continue going here as long as I'm around it's on my way to work! Also-you can pick up the food to-go!

• Visited May 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Friendly and Fair!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped there for breakfast before finishing our last day of shopping in Grand Forks. If you pay attention to your surroundings when you pull up, you'll know what you're getting; good solid food at a decent price. The best part though was the server who was extremely polite and friendly, yet didn't try to blow us off after taking our order. Definitely go back again!

Visited August 2013
Sebastian, Florida
“If all you want is chicken fried steak this is the place!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband had the worst Swedish Meatballs ever, They were dried out and tasteless. We both had the mashed potatoes and they were runny and watery. The rolls were dry even with a gob of butter. We each had a blob ( about a third of a cup) of something covered with gravy. I tasted it and immediately recognized it as "Stove top Dressing". Sure not what we call home cooking at our house. Thank goodness the next morning we found another place down the street for breakfast and it was terrific.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jane T
winnipeg
“After eating there once, we returned three more times”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I read the review for this restaurant and decided to give it a try because I like going to family restaurants. My husband and I each had a daily special and it was like having mom cooking it in the kitchen. My husband had sloppy joes with crinkle cut fries and I had the shrimp dinner which consisted of 6 shrimp that were above normal size. I also had a bowl of macaroni soup that was delicious. The next day we went, my husband tried the daily special spaghetti, again like mom would make and I had a jalapeno pepper jack hamburger. Delicious. We went for breakfast each morning and were pleased with our breakfast. The service is great and the waitresses are very friendly. They also offer fresh baked pies and cookies. Will go again when we go to Grand Forks.

• Visited July 2013