“Nicely remodeled hotel”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nicely remodeled hotel”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Nice property under the Mariott brand. The hotel is about 10 years old, but has been upgraded in the past year, so everything is new and up to date. The room is a bit small, but adequate for a couple and a child on the couch.

The room has an extra sink which is nice and the toilet is in a separate room from the shower. The shower was very nice as well. Unusually so for a value priced hotel.

The breakfast buffet was also quite good. We have stayed at several hotels in this area and I like this one the best.

My only negative was that the hotel seemed to have a bit of a funny smell. Don't know what it was, but it was a bit annoying when you walked into a room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at this facility a few years ago when it was brand new and having to overnight in Grand Forks, I thought I would give it another try.
Firstly, this is a very modern looking hotel. Both the rooms and the entry/lobby area are very clean and stylish. I had a very quick check in especially since I had no reservation. They just looked me up on their system, swiped my visa card and voila, I was in.
I had a room on the 3rd floor with 2 queen beds. The room was very clean and tidy. It was a cool day and so I figured out easily how to adjust the temperature to my liking. The room has 2 beds nicely made up, a desk and sitting area that is very comfortable, a toilet room with a hand sink and a large (room for a party) a separate room with a glass shower with a rain shower head and a large vanity. The room had WiFi and it worked very well. There was a large TV visible from the bed or sitting area. The hotel was very quiet. I did not have any disturbance and I am a light sleeper.
I got up before breakfast opened at 0600 to make myself some toast as I eat gluten free and bring my own bread when I travel. Although the area was not yet open for another half hour, the friendly staff allowed me to go ahead and use the toaster. The breakfast looked awesome. There are hot chocolate, tea and coffee and decaf available 24 hours a day and it was very good.
The exercise room is basic but quite usable and clean. The pool area looked good but I did not use the facilities so cannot comment.
Checkout was a breeze. The staff was also very helpful in finding me a gluten free restaurant.
Only one point, the bed was a bit firmer than I am used to, but last time I stayed there I slept like a baby so who knows if it was really the bed!
I would stay there again and recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Winnipeg, MB
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was very impressed with this new hotel close to the highway in Grand Forks. Room was modern and clean with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Great bathroom with glass shower. We checked in late and left early after breakfast. There were many, many children in the breakfast area which made for a noisy, messy time - but that is not the hotel's fault. The location is good for anyone passing through or for those who want to be close to the shopping etc on 32nd Avenue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travellingnurse50
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My sister, daughter and grandson decided to steal away for a quick overnight to Grand Forks from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I found Springhill Suites on line and at a great price! We were all really impressed. We loved the layout as well, and there was so much room in the suite for all of us. The TV was large and the beds were very comfortable. We really appreciated the temperature of the pool since my grandson is 7 months. All in all, it is a lovely hotel and I have told of of my family, who go to Grand Forks a lot that it is the place to stay.

Chicago
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I shared a suite with my daughter, my 2 grandkids and my son-in-law. Hannah who was working the front desk on July 16, was very friendly and helpful This suite was unbelievable, large walk in closet, separate shower and sink and the beds were so comfortable. Very clean. For breakfast you could choice from hot or cold cereal, eggs, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, juices, and great coffee. I will definitely be spreading the word about this hotel.

Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Very nice property with all the modern accomidations. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are spacious. The pool area is small, but does the job. The exercise room again is small with very limited options. It is nicely situated to get you to places to eat and shop and is far away enough from the freeway that you don't get the road noise. The outside patio is very welcoming as well. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Booked the hotel from their website, and asked for a room large enough for our party of 5. We ended up getting a great little suite, for a decent price. It's a newer hotel. Two beds, one pull out. Very modern hotel room, but a little small to move around. No table, just side tables. A/c was quieter then most. LOVED the separate shower/toilet! The beds were "ok", blankets & pillows nice. Breakfast was by far the best continental we've ever had! The Oatmeal bar was great! Pool, small with no slide, but the kids loved it and was clean. I didn't stay in the room much, but it was quiet and the building was clean as well.

Room Tip: This is 5 mins drive to the mall and other stores