“Very nice!!! Almost Excellent!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Grand Forks
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
“Very nice!!! Almost Excellent!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Yes, AmericInn was a very nice stay. The room was well appointed with nice linens and a clean and comfortable bed. The breakfast was extensive with hot eggs, waffles, cereal, donuts, muffins, and more. But get there a bit early because they started the clean-up process promptly at 10am. And the military discount was a good value. One of the nicer hotels we've stayed at recently! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
brookings sd
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I got a good price for our room, so I was pleased about that. Everything was clean and neat. Front desk staff was very pleasant and tried hard to please. We did not use the pool, or even go into the pool area, so I can not speak to that. Also, our daughter and son-in-law wanted to take us out for breakfast, so we did not eat breakfast there. We did have a glass of orange juice, which we thought was good. Some hotels do not have good orange juice! Someone mentioned the decorating being dated and no flat screen TV. Decorating was fine, and I don't care one bit what type of TV I have. I would much rather that the price stay low than have them spend a lot on those things, and then have to pass the cost on to their guests! One thing I really liked was that they provided an envelope for the tip for housekeeping, if one wishes to leave a tip. The bed was very comfy, and the linens were good. My husband mentioned that he liked the pillows. I had never been to Grand Forks before, but think the city has a nice atmosphere and friendly people.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed here twice for work, and will not stay here again. I normally stay at Best Westerns, and occasionally at AmericInns, and this is the first time I have had an issue with an Americinn. I found the rooms to be average, dated but clean, and breakfast to be decent. However, I had issues with the staff on both occasions. The first time in getting a receipt, it took a week and several phone calls, to get a receipt faxed to me. It was important because I was trying to submit my expense report. The second time in dealing with an inexperienced and uninterested clerk when I had a broken tv. It is inexpensive for the area, but I think next time I will pay a little more for an upgraded experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jaco0207
Manitoba
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I should start out by stating I generally like staying at Americinns. The extra soundproofing in their rooms and suites, and the quality of their staff is generally very good.

And really, there was nothing remarkable about our last stay. It was a busy weekend in GF, and the king jacuzzi suite was $200 for the night, which would have been way overpriced. However, the E-Z-Guide has a 30% off anytime coupon, which made the room more reasonable.

Even at that price I expect a better than average hotel room, with a better quality mattress, upgraded linens, etc. Instead, we were treated to what I refer to as "mid-90s deluxe" with lots of mid-90s decor, and Super8 quality bed cover, linens, and pillows.

The good:
- excellent breakfast
- nice common and pool areas
- nice whirlpool in the room
- clean with friendly staff

The meh:
- room decor was average/dated, with nothing "special" about the jacuzzi suite
- bathroom was in need of some updating as well
- bed was tired but serviceable

The not so good:
- bed cover and linens were not to the standard for the room price
- only told the elevator was out of service after the booking was made
- breakfast area was way too small for the hotel size

Would I book here again? Certainly not a jacuzzi suite - the cost for what was received was not in line. I would consider a regular room, but if the decor/mattress/linens/bathroom were of a similar vintage, I would pay 0 premium over other low cost hotel offerings (I.e. Super 8).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ScooterMcTavish
Minnesota
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed for just one night but had no problems. This AmericInn looks just like all the others I have stayed at. Nice pool and hot tub, rooms are big and the staff is very frendly. But also like the others they have a very small area for the breakfast, get's crowded at times. There is muffins, bread, waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereal and several juices and milk. WARNING in the parking lot there is a big hole be careful at night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristine N
Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This hotel jacked up prices by soo much was ridiculous. We stayed saturday (night of concert)they charged us 199.00 for first nite. normal room rate around 108.00. For our second nite was charged 54.00 for sunday. Luckly enough i booked through expedia and they charged me 30.00 less than americinn. And she was hesitant to give me the rate i booked on line. They were extremely unpleasent and told me its only 30.00 whats the big deal. Well then give me my money if not a big deal.
For this reason i would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hockey13winnipeg
MIKESSS1111, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Grand Forks. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

We do set our pricing higher when special events are in town. This is very normal and done by the service industry and airlines to off-set those days that do have a low demand.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience which you experienced. It is our wish that you will continue to benefit from our excellent accommodations, exceptional guest service and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Best Regards,

Mike Smith
AmericInn Grand Forks
BROOKINGS
Reviewed 18 February 2013

the price we paid to stay here two nights was 20% higher than a normal stay (when there isn't a major concert in town) and I detest places that do price gouging. Even on a non-event weekend, the pricing for this 2-star hotel is way too high and I won't stay in an AmericInn again.

Also, the breakfast was TERRIBLE--the sausage gravy was water and the biscuits were like rocks, the sausage links were rancid, and the scambled eggs were cold--NASTY! Our room was clean and the staff was great.

The handicapped parking spaces were not shoveled and were snow packed and slippery.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends