“Redemption.”

JL Beers
Ranked #7 of 169 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Award Winning Burgers with Fresh-cut Chips & Fries. 40 Beers on tap.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Last time we were at JL Beers frankly it sucked. My husband sent his fries back three times because they were soggy and not very hot. After that we avoided it like the plague. Today we gave it another chance and were pleasantly surprised. The service was a little slow at first but improved and was just the right combo of concerned and over-attentive. Ragin' Cajun burger was awesome with Cajun seasoned chips and my husband's Philly Cheese burger with crispy fries was also very good. A bonus is they have both Coke and Pepsi products (we're not really drinkers). Price was good, all in all we were happy we went back and will go again.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I go to J L beers at least 1 or twice and month and come with a growler or 2, I actually have 2 growlers.

Today I went and sampled a couple of beers, One I did not care for the Illinois river beer, too citrus for my taste. So I told the gal to fill the growlers with the Black Butt Porter, because I am from Oregon and really familiar with it (my exact words when ordering) and The other grower with the 2 hearted ale ( my summer favorite this year.) When she returned with the growlers she said here is your Illinois River Grower and your 2 hearted. When I told her I did not order the IR she accused me of lying and said I certainly did because I sampled it, I then told her she should check her hearing because I said " I did not care for it and to please fill the growler with the Black BP as "I am from Oregon and really like it." she then went to her manager and they had a discussion and 25 minutes later she came back and dumped the IR beer down the drain and came over and raised her voice to me and said " you just made me dump $38.00 worth of beer down the drain." I said you could have given out free samples or resold the growler or figured out something. She said no " you ordered it" which I did not. I will think twice about continuing to make my business with JL beers. I feel they treated me a reg for over 2 years, very poorly.

Jeff Jones
Portland, ND

3  Thank Jeffrey J
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We showed up about an hour after the main dinner rush and it was a nice place to eat and talk. The burgers were wonderful, possibly the best bun I have had in years, and the burger had great flavor itself. The drinks were very good and with the option to try something before you buy makes it much easier to get something that you will enjoy. I can see how this place can be loud during busy times, but if you are not at peak hours it was a nice non-pushy atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Dropped fifty bucks and didn't even get a reach around. Its so loud and the waiter keeps offering to sell me water. I'd think twice about showing up after 10am.

4  Thank DrJohnFord
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The burgers are a little greasy but the price is right. They make up for it with normal priced beer but the varieties they have are very good. Smaller establishment but worth trying for adults--must be 21.