“It was okay...”

JL Beers
Ranked #6 of 172 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Award Winning Burgers with Fresh-cut Chips & Fries. 40 Beers on tap.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Maybe I'm just peeved that a bottle of water was two dollars with a burger. Four of us went out for my friends birthday... it was lunchtime. The two girls we were with got WAY more fries with their burgers than us guys did. The place is pretty small. I can't comment on their bar scene as we were there at 1pm on a random Wednesday. The waiter was nice but I wasn't inclined to tip much after the okay-food and not-giant servings. It seemed more for show than the actual service or quality of food. Just okay for me. Sorry-JL Beers.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The menu seems adequate but eveything was an add on. The noise level is not for conversation.
The bugers were OK and beer choices good, We won't be back.

1  Thank Triviameister
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Local friends brought me there for Burgers and beer. It was a nice friendly place that I felt immediately welcomed at. Excellent range of beer offerings, Burger was fantastic, service was great, and if you fill out their post card, they'll stamp it and mail it off for you. Will definately be back when I'm back in town.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have actually been there several times - one of which was not so great - but we went back and everything was terrific. The choice of burgers is very good and we like the fries or home-made chips options too. The Cajun items are really my thing and I enjoy them everytime; my husband says the philly burger is very good too. Although we are not drinkers, their selection is terrific for those who are and we have never had an issue with any server there, they are all pleasant and seem to enjoy their job and know what they are doing. Even the soft drinks give you variety and they have Diet Mountain Dew - a favourite - which is hard to find. Best of all are the pithy sayings on the t-shirts on display, always gives us a laugh. For a fast, inexpensive lunch that actually tastes great, check it out.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Yes, the best burgers in town. The JL burger is by far the best on the menu, and I have had most of them. You definitely have to skip the fries for the hand cut potato chips, unless you like oil soaked soggy French fries. The fries suck. They have a really good beer selection if you're in to microbrews and weird beers. It's a small place so don't expect to be seated immediately if you're in a big group.