“Everything you need in Grand Forks”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend while visiting the University of North Dakota. The staff was lovely, there were baked cookies placed out every night, and a variety of take out places that delivered to our room. The bed itself was comfortable, our only complaint was the sheets which were unbearable due to stiffness and dryness (my fiancé related them to those he experienced in the army), and the room was painfully dry. We had to go buy new sheets and a small humidifier in order to be comfortable just for a few days (and we aren't usually particular people). It was January, so the heat needed to be high - but please consider having humidifiers available if needed and adding fabric softeners. Given those, it would've been the perfect stay.

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Small room but comfy bed, beautiful walk-in shower. Property is a bit off the beaten oath but with my Garmin, that's not a huge issue. Towels are small but nice. Overall, great deal for the price. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 324 which had view of parking lot and stadium - convenient if you're in town for a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a negative experience with another hotel in Grand Forks, I went to Trip Advisor looking for an inexpensive but quality alternative. The Sleep Inn and Suites was rated #1 by reviewers, so my husband and I booked ourselves in. I frankly wasn't expecting much, as lower rates often are linked to cheap furnishings. We were very pleasantly surprised!! The lobby is bright, the breakfast buffet area very attractive and the room was excellent: quality towels, bedding and a huge kingsize bed. I also appreciated that I didn't have to crawl under the desk or move furniture to find a computer plug-in: there was a purpose built plug-in immediately above the desk. The breakfast buffet was hot and tasty - we couldn't ask for more! And when we did (corkscrew, maps, directions) the staff were pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just came back from a two nights stay at this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our accommodations during our stay. The Sleep Inn is nice and new, super clean and well maintained. We used the pool and tub while we were there and enjoyed both. Oh and the continental breakfast is by far the most "deluxe" continental breakfast I've seen. They had scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, porridge with raisins and granola on the side, waffles with berries and whip cream, toast, strudels, bagels with cream cheese, english muffins, biscuits and gravy, yogurt and fruit. Is that enough? They also have 3 different types of juice, great coffee and flavoured cream. While the bed was a little firm for my likings, I did enjoy the Sleep Inn and would stay here again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Pros: The night check-in woman was exceptionally friendly, informed us of breakfast, exercise room, and pool hours.

Cons: The rates are amazingly overpriced for a standard hotel without any exceptional amenities or services. For these prices, I expected an on-site restaurant, room service, a mini-bar, and other amenities I've had elsewhere.

Room Tip: Call ahead to check for rates. This place was all but empty, and they were still wanting a high rate...
1  Thank Samuel T
Reviewed 24 June 2014

this place is cream of the crop for Grand Forks. It is clean, the employees are super friendly. The check in clerk reminded me to sign up for a special through choicehotels.com and reminded me to do it before I checked out so the current stay counted. The breakfast was delicious, the room clean and quiet. I was there when there were no events at Alerus and that could add noise, but for me this will be my choice of hotels when I am in Grand Forks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Grand Forks for 3 nites recently. The stay was very nice. The people who work behind the desk very friendly. The rooms very clean. Everything we need in the rooms. The breakfast was very good. The one thing that I would suggest for the breakfast is some gluten free products like bread and muffins, as I am gluten free.
Overall the stay was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple