“Good stay.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grand Forks
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had a good stay for a weekend of shopping. 3 nights. Everything was fine with the stay. Nice fairly modern hotel. Nice hd 42" plasmas. Comfortable king bed and large enough room. Wifi was great. Breakfast was what you would expect. Not spectacular but there are scrambled fake eggs and either bacon or sausage and the usual cereal, pancake etc. fare. Heating unit seemed to be somewhat erratic but never left us cold. Pool and hot tubs were clean. Friendly staff. Just generally a good stay with no issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 123456Manitoba

Reviewed 5 October 2013

beautiful big kingsize bed with crips white sheets, with quiet surroundings and room temp control, couldn't help but have a great sleep. time for some furniture upgrades or replacement, (ie) carpet & lampshades. Amazing complete hot breakfast. only negative comment was the messages(requests) left for the cleaning staff by us were ignored? unread?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MommaLowie
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

I entered the hotel after a long day and I was tired. I was immediately greeted by the staff member at the front desk, and provided with a bottle of water. This staff member was particularly friendly and patient. I truly appreciated being welcomed by such a nice person after an exhausting day.

My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I couldn't have asked for anything better after a long day!

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristin S
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Front desk is nice, got a freebie being an IHG member. Superb service, immediately fixed our concern about our in-room jacuzzi. Liked that there were 2 flat screen TVs. Great breakfast with more choices than typical continental breakfasts. Loved the cinnamon buns! Quick check-out service. Will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank blue_angel1175
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had a great stay with friends at this hotel. I booked off of hotwire with the surprise hotel and was nicely surprised there was no disappointments! Our friends decided they wanted to stay at the same hotel so they booked it directly with Holiday Inn. We were both treated awesome by all staff and honoured my friends request of us being put side by side. We were on the 3rd floor next to the stairs - I was worried this could cause noise but it did not. Sometimes you could hear the people on the fourth floor moving around but it was a muffled noise.
The free breakfast was a typical adequate hotel breakfast including pancakes (no waffles), eggs, breakfast meat, fruit, pastry & yogurt. The scrambled eggs were the typical powered made into egg that I don't like so I stuck with hard bold. My husband didn't mind the cheese omelette.
The staff were great about pool. Both nights it was after 10 by the time we got back from dinner and got down to the pool and they did not chase us out at 11pm either time. One of the nights it was way after 11 by the time we went up and they still hadn't bothered to say anything. I like that the pool area is far from the rooms so this type of thing can happen without bothering anyone else.
The staff was also great about helping me print something from the business centre. The printer was not working but they redirected it to the printer behind the counter.
We really enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Denise Y
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Professional, super helopfu, and very friendly--you can't ask for more. Teh rooom is what I have come to expect for HIE--clean, neat, and comfortable. One great thing: there are plenty of electrical sockets, plenty to charge all your electronics at the same time. Breakfast comes with the room--and it's OK, except for the really, really bad eggs. But the sausage gravy is about the best you can ask for.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank keelx2
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Nice basic holiday inn. Seems new. A bit overpriced. I booked from holiday inn site. Cleaning service is rather late which is good if you are a late sleeper. I would stay again. Near mall but again I oasis 125 per night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family