“Great Stay!!!!!”

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great Stay!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My wife, 2 toddlers and I stayed here last week. It was such a nice, clean and quite stay. The staff was friendly and we were welcomed with smiling faces when we arrived. It was a great stay at a really nice value. We have to be in the area again this week and will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Douglas G, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you so much for the review!!! It means so much to all of our staff knowing that all our hard work is paying off!! We can't wait to see you all again! Thanks again!!

-Melissa
-Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
WINNIPEG
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Finding a hotel in Grand Forks can be extremely difficult on most weekends. My husband found us a hot tub suite last weekend at a decent price. The common areas of this hotel are nice and convenient for groups travelling together. The pool and hot tub courtyard area are excellent places to relax and get together. Our room was comfortable but could definitely use upgrading. A queen bed in a hot tub suite does not seem reasonable. It could easily have fit a king bed. The fixtures in the bathroom, as well as the light fixtures are needing repair and replacement. The room actually lacked light. The flatscreen TV is nicely updated, but the sofabed and tables could also be replaced. The Road King Inn includes breakfast and wifi in their pricing which is ideal. The hotel is also in an excellent location for shopping, restaruants and entertainment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Douglas G, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! And as always we are in the process of updating our rooms and making them more comfortable for the guest! We sincerely appreciate the feedback and hope to see you soon and see some more of our progress! Thank you!
Minot
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed at the Road King Inn Feb. 2013. On our first night, when we tried to take a shower, the shower would only put out extremely hot water; therefore, we were unable to use it. In addition, the wifi was not working. When I contacted the front desk, they said they were completely booked for the weekend and could not offer us a different room. They told me they would send out maintenance the next day to determine the problem. The following morning I contacted the front desk to let then know we wold appreciate maintenance to come anytime to fix shower. We hung out the " do not disturb sign on knob, to let maid know we did not wish for maid service. That is why I specially called front desk to let them know to send the repair man up to our room. He never even looked at the shower, nor did we receive any message from the front desk. So for three days we were out of a shower and wifi. When I went to check out, the women at desk said I was to pay the price I registered at, no discount for lack of a shower or wifi! I insisted to speak to a manager. They called him. He refused to speak to me and said no discount as well. After 15 more minutes, I finally convinced the woman at desk to call the manager back, as I really wanted to speak to him. They finally called him back and AGAIN, the manager refused to speak to me. I was told that when a lot of people are using their wifi, it does not work and they wold take only 20.00 off a night, off the bill. I have never been so disappointed with the lack of customer service by a hotel. What manager refuses to speak to a customer who remains in control and uses appropriate language? Never will go back there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Douglas G, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
I do apologize that you feel that way! Managment is not available on weekends to come in and prefers not to help guests over the phone. The staff we hire are trained to handle most situations before turning to managment. The manager did indeed review the trouble you had and gave you a free night. We do have to look over everything before we can decide how to handle certain situations. The issues have been immediately taken care of as we do take our complaints seriously. We sure hope you try us again in the future so you can see that we do make things right!

Travellers are raving about these Grand Forks hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Went to Grand Forks in December (why?! It was indeed freezing)! A bunch of old college friends from all over came up for a reunion weekend! Hotels in Grand Forks are ridiculously over priced and we found a great deal on the Road King and we would for sure stay again!

Rooms were big, clean and the staff was overly accommodating! Shuttles to the hockey games and more then willing to get us taxis to and from the hotel!

Only downfall were the small beds. My husband and I couldn't even share a bed! However we had friends with a King room and it looked just fine!

The front desk staff was great as well, I booked for a cheaper price then my friends and they honored my price for all of them as we'll!!! Coffee was always brewing!! What was needed after a reunion weekend! ;)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura F
Douglas G, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
I am so glad to hear you had such a great trip despite our less than welcoming weather!! We have converted a lot of rooms to new queens instead of double beds and are still in the process of doing so. A single king is also a great option for a couple. Thanks again for the kind words and hope to see you again (weather pending) ;)
Manitoba
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The good: Not a bad hotel from an appearance perspective. Although a bit dated in places, it was clean, and staff were friendly. Glassing in the pool allows kids to scream and holler, but still allows parents to observe them and relax. The big indoor pool area is a nice place to hang out away from your room. Continental breakfast was typical but fine. Room TVs have been replaced with smaller flatscreens.

The bad: Datedness also extended to the smallish and bland bathroom. There was a large unused sapce in the room, which we noticed was occupied by a recliner in other rooms - just not ours. The big hot tub in the pool area was not working properly (though still available for use), and the pool area itself was funky smelling. Plus, I still don't understand why hotels such as this use tiling that becomes extremely slippery when wet. It really is unsafe. The heating units were obviously not installed well either, as we had ice cold drafts blowing in around the unit.

The wretched: This must be the absolute oldest hotel mattress I've slept on in a decade. From the second you lie down, you can HEAR and feel the springs of the mattress dig into you. Really, it was like trying to sleep on a trampoline with my wife. Two things I expect in a hotel are cleanliness, and a decent mattress. This was well beyond poor, to the point where I would only stay here again once the mattresses are replaced.

As a side note, since we didn't have a recliner, we ordered a cot for my youngest so that she wouldn't fight with her sister. Well, the cot was completely depressed in a number of places (WWII surplus?) with broken metal wire supports underneath. Gah!

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel, unless you weigh 90 lbs and can sleep directly on springs.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ScooterMcTavish
Douglas G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you for the feedback! We are are in the process of switching out beds and take the information we recieve very seriously! We are now getting ready to order another batch of new beds and hope within the near future you do come back and give us another try! Every review we get we learn from and try to better ourselves in the hopes the guest comes back to see our improvements! Thank you so much and hoping to see you again!
Wpg
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Came to shop. Hotel screwed up our reservation, then wanted us to pay extra to upgrade to an available room? Front desk clerk was snotty and had no customer service skills. Then found the banks wouldn't exchange our Canadian cash and the stores wouldn't take it either. I don't think they want anyone coming here to shop. Sure don't make you feel welcome. Certainly wont bother coming back.

• Stayed December 2012
Roadroyalty, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
I apologize over how everything went for you! I find it strange that banks wouldn't even exchange for you! We have spoken with staff on how to handle situations better and I sure do hope you give us another try in the future so we can show you how we have improved! Thank you for letting us know!
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This was our third time staying at the Road King Inn and, as usual, it was a great stay. Love the location, as we tend to spend a good portion of our trip shopping, and the staff is always super helpful (Nolan, in particular, helped make our stay even better). They've just completed some renos, the rooms are clean and spacious and the communal pool area is always well-maintained and a great place to hang out in the evenings. Also, they have a great continental breakfast (waffles, cereal, yogurt, breads, etc.).The only suggestion I would have is to offer bigger beds in some rooms (which I believe they're working on currently). Keep up the good work, Road King Inn, we'll definitely be back again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kylie P
Roadroyalty, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We have upgraded many rooms to 2 queen beds now! We are always trying to improve and your feedback helps us! Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again!!