Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Selkirk, Canada
“Nope”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I left a review of our stay in March saying the hotel was unsafe and that there were clearly people on drugs disrupting the place. The manager left a reply on my review and ASSURED me that they take care of these situations so because of this we decided to give it another chance. Not only was the girl at the front desk (Hilary I believe from her nametag...) extremely rude, had NO customer service skills, and didn't make us feel welcome or accommodated - there were again drugged out and drunk people disrupting the hotel at night and nothing was done about this. My husband and I also woke up with bug bites on us in the morning - which I'm PRAYING are not bedbugs. This hotel got our second and only chance - not only is it unsafe but it is dirty and that rude staff member made sure that they have lost us for good.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly M
AbviGrandForks, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to write us regarding your concerns. All of our desk clerks are required to take a rigorous guest service course and we have received awards for our service because of this. I apologize that Hilary was less than professional on this occasion and assure you that this has been addressed. Grand Forks has under gone some changes recently with the influx of outside business and we are training staff now the importance of spotting a problem before it happens in order to prevent disruptions to other guests. I would love to address your issues further. Feel free to call or email me directly at Stovall.Rylie@gmail.com; I'm committed to making this right for you.

America's Best Value Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Indonesian first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 May 2012

we've stayed a few times, they are the cheapest. They've always given us the room, next to the outside door, so very noisy. There were drunks out in the hallways, I had to complain 3 times in one night & the next am I asked if they were still allowed to stay another night. Yes. People like that that are keeping others awake should be kicked out. The last time we booked, they messed up, sent us to a much more expensive hotel, & didn't reimburse the difference.
But it was worth the price, pay more, got much much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: you get what you paid for.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda C
Thank you so much for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. We regret that one of our groups were being disruptive on that evening. I personally came in to handle it the morning after and excused them from our property. It is standard policy for the evening shift to ensure that these issues are taken care of immediately. I apologize that on this occasion it was not, but assure you that this was out of the ordinary. I understand how important it is to get a good nights rest and we are 100% committed to making sure you get just that. Please feel free to call or email me at Stovall.Rylie@gmail.com; I would love to make it up to you.

Travellers are raving about these Grand Forks hotels

Fort Totten, North Dakota
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I recently stayed for the weekend, and was happy with it. Its obviously not the best hotel out there, but you do get what you paid for, and America's Best Value fit in my budget. I've stayed here before as well and never had problems.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Beddings had to be changed,,,,there was poop on the sheets. We changed them ourselves. The continental breakfast might of been ok,,,but street people were allowed to serve themselves and these people were all dirty, the coats were rubbing on the food. I'm not against feeding the poor, but serve them. The staff were there but did not do anything to stop them, it looked like it was an every day occurence. The bathroom close to the continental breakfast room was disgustingly dirty. We will never stay in that motel again, it was booked by Orbit and I will be phoning them.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lucy h
WINNIPEG
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at this hotel booked it online thinking it was closer to shopping and resteraunts. There were some places but not that close. The rooms were okay, the decor was a little tired. The toilet plugged and I was given the plunger to do it myself. We didn't plug the toilet in the first place and the staff acted annoyed with us for asking for help in the first place. Won't be in a big rush to go back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BUSTERBROWN11
Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to write us regarding your stay. It is our goal to provide a clean, comfortable room at an unbeatable rate with great service to match! Our staff was just awarded a "Top-Quality Assurance" award for our service and would love to better impress you on your next stay. Feel free to call or email me at Stovall.Rylie@gmail.com so that I can prove to you how committed we are to our service!

Selkirk, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2012

While staying here there were people clearly methed out and on other drugs as well being disruptive and creating an unsafe environment for my family and I. They were hanging around the lobby, walking around the parking lot yelling and walking around other buildings yelling and bothering guests.

Considering that these types of people are allowed to hang around this place, I would not go back and do not recommend it to others - especially if you are looking to stay here with your family. Quite the sketchy joint. Next time I'll pay the extra money to stay somewhere that criminals are not allowed to hang around.

I will say however that the staff was very nice and the hotel was clean - it's just a shame that these types of people are permitted to be there and the police are not called when it is clearly not a safe situation for either guests or staff to be in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Kelly M
AbviGrandForks, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to write us with your feedback! Without it, improvement like we do on a regular basis would not be possible. We do have security cameras and staff available 24 hours a day if any problems arise with any of our other guests. Rarely do issues come up, but we take pride in how quickly we are able to resolve them when they do. We have even received a "Top Quality Assurance" award for our service and our cleanliness in the area! We certainly hope to be of service to you and your family in the future.

-America's Best Value Inn Team
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had a great stay while traveling on business. The front desk staff was very helpful although when I asked for an aspirin the Bayer packet they gave me expired in 2008. Also what ever they use to clean in the hallways smells like peppermint schnapps, this smell DOES NOT permeate into the rooms though. Overall this place was cheap, clean, with incredibly nice staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your kind words and feedback! We take pride in our cleanliness and our service. We had no idea the Bayer was expired and appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we could immediately replace these. We look forward to serving you in the future! :)

America's Best Value Inn Team