“Good Value-Lots of Pillows!”

C'mon Inn - Grand Forks
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at C'mon Inn April 5,6,and left before noon on the 7th. This was my second stay in two years, and my companion has stayed here several times. My companion chose C'mon Inn for its central shopping location, comfortable beds, cleanliness, and beautiful central court atrium. Some of the rooms face on the central court. It is a two story building,and the parking is on the building's perimeter. The parking spaces are generous in size, easily accommodating SUV"s and pick -up trucks. The young staff were pleasant and laid back. Rooms facing the hot tubs, stream and fish pond may be noisier. Tables and chairs were located outside each courtyard room. Perhaps rooms on the exterior would be quieter. A swimming pool was available and not crowded. A good feature is the breakfast preparation area in the courtyard. Stations are set up for serve yourself coffee-Decaf, and flavoured, ice-tea, yogurt, bananas, apples, bagels-plain and raisin, breakfast cereal dispensers, hot white gravy and biscuits. A very popular breakfast choice was do it yourself waffles. Toasters were available to heat various bread slices and bagels. Breakfast was available 6 to 9:30 am. A week day snack of hot dogs, chips and salsa was also available in the early evening. The huge Koi fish of many colours were an attraction for all ages. The koi fish gather hoping to be fed-don't! Our room had a large screen HD cable TV,and small fridge & microwave. The king size bed was soft and had good quality sheets and comforters. We especially appreciated the many soft pillows on the bed. Nobody walks in Grand Forks ,but you can actually walk to Columbia Mall, Texas Road House, Olive Garden, TJ Maxx, Target ,and Khol's from C'mon Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Shopping is one thing but having a relaxing getaway is another. The C'mon Inn is situated right on 32nd Street and is walking distance from the malls, Gordmans, Menards and countless eateries for differing tastes. We stayed in an inner aberitium / court area with five hot tubs inviting you in. Next to our room were picnic tables for every inner court suite upper and decks for the 2nd floor suites. R&R was what we were lookig for for one eve and decided after the first night to stay for another! Waterfalls, and swimming Koi in the ponds, to a great continental breakfast and a early eve snack foods as well. Swimming pool with hot tub and clean towels ready at the entrance way. The place was clean and the rooms were large with very nice adornments to hidden ironing board , large fridge, 42" flat screen TVs in HD hair dryer etcetc. Room choices of two queens beds, or a king, or rooms with jacuzzi hot tub inside. They are remodeling an old conference area to make two new rooms which will have fireplaces in the suites/units. Staff was helpful and cheery and the grounds and inner court were clean, even with a few young kids running a muck and leaving towels and pool items around. We had a great R&R couple of eve's and even got some shopping done!

Room Tip: Ask for the inner suites if booking a room to be able to walk out into the inner arbaritium area. Wa...
1  Thank bdouglash
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We came down from Canada for an overnighter of shopping and decided to stay here as we have such good luck in the past. Same great service - and yes young people can actually do that. First we needed a bandaid and called the front desk to see if they had one, in two minutes the fellow knocked at the door and gave it to me (at midnight no less). The next day, my partner fell ill (possibly flu). When things didn't improve by noon checkout time, we called the front desk and explained the situation and even offered to pay for later checkout. The answer, which other hotels could learn from, was "Take your time and checkout when you are feeling better." When asked how much, we were told no charge and to feel better. In all my traveling, I have never had a response like this. Kudos to staff, management needs to give the staff working Feb 19-20 a pat on the back

2  Thank NishTraveller
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Great location. Love the jacuzzi suite. The front desk staff seemed pretty young and somewhat unprofessional but still got the job done.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank efro
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My coworkers have long suggested staying in at C'mon Inn every time I tell we'll be taking a trip to Grand Forks. After a few years of persuasion, I must say that I'm a little... well.. disappointed. That's not to say that the hotel is utterly terrible. It's good, but I think it just caters to a different kind of Grand Forks visitor.

My wife and I head to Grand Forks to shop, so we only really use our hotel rooms to crash after a long day of shopping and head to sleep afterwards. Entering C'mon Inn, the lobby / main floor area is a very inviting place. There's a waterfall, with some (faux?) rock formations, a pond with fishes in them, pool in the back and hot tubs around the perimeter of said rock formation. It's really encouraging for guests to come on down to the main floor and hang out... and therein lies my issue with this hotel.

On the main floor, the hot tubs, lounging chairs, and tables mere steps away from your the room. So if you're trying to sleep after a long day traveling, noise will certainly be a factor. On the second floor, it's not much better. We can hear cars passing by, and people loading and unloading in the parking lot.

One other issue with the lobby: upon entry, my very first impression of it was "chlorine!" I don't know if it's like that every day but it just absolutely reeked of chlorine the moment we walked into the door; surprising considering the pool was all the way in the back. I don't know if they just replenished the pool and tubs with it but it made myself and my wife quite a bit nauseous. It even permeated into our room on the second floor.

The rooms themselves (aside from the noise) are not terrible though. The ones on the second floor has a balcony you can hang out on. The beds are ok, the pillows are way too soft though, but having a 40" LCD TV, complete with an HD receiver was a nice bonus!

Breakfast is free and offers quite a bit of a variety. There's a waffle maker, pancake maker, cereal, fruits, juice, eggs, and bread.

Overall I would recommend this to travellers who just want a getaway for the weekend. Otherwise, for Grand Forks shoppers like us, look for a different one where you could sleep for hours on end and without any distractions (especially from the smell of chlorine).

1  Thank gill2k
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I have stayed here many time over the years with my family. We love being able to sit out, read and take in the massive wood beamed cathederal like atrium while the kids hot tub or swim. All the pool noise is kept behind a glassed in pool area. It's nice to be able to walk around in shorts & T-shirt in the middle of a long cold prairie winter.

I have always found the staff helpfull but they tend to be on the younger side. We take advantage of the loyaly program and have a free night waiting for us. I can also recommend the C'mon Inn in Fargo and Billings. Same great format, no suprises, just the same great winter getaway! Book three months in advance to get the room & the weekend you want. We usually book by Nov for our favorite Feb. Fighting Soux hockey weekend.

I'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We have stayed at this Hotel for many, many years...once or twice per year! Previous years the total cost (inc taxes) for a Court Side Room for 2 nights was $260 ...and they accepted CAA cards for a discount...but to our surprise this year... the total cost was $307 and NO discounts are accepted, of any kind on the weekends!
The room was OK, the ironing board was broken, the coffee maker cord was too short, so you could not brew coffee and the bathroom was dirty! Having said that ...the breakfast is good, IF you get there early enough!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple