“Great first-time stay!”

C'mon Inn - Grand Forks
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My co-workers had raved about this hotel and its courtyard, so we decided to give it a try. It was higher in price for Grand Forks, $130/night average over the August 3-4 weekend, but it was great. We had courtyard rooms on the first floor, and adjoined with our friends, so we had a great time enjoying the hot tubs, pool and breakfast. Breakfast was great with waffles, sausages, bacon, cereal, fruit, etc.. This with the common courtyard was what made it worth it. The kids also had a lot of fun feeding the fish in the morning. Will definitely stay here next time, hopefully during the week when we can enjoy the evening buffet!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Flew in for a business meeting. Requested in early check in when I reserved online. Called a few days before to ask about the early check in. Was told no. Girl couldn't be bothered to help me. Arrived early after early morning flight. Told the desk I just flew in, needed to get ready for my meeting. Was basically told too bad so sad. Fine. Later that day I asked for an extra hour to check out since I had a later flight the next day. Again couldn't be bothered with my request. And was told "we don't do that". I'm in customer service and I know I wasn't asking for much. Maybe don't name your hotel C'mon Inn if you don't let your guest come in for a few hours.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Owly34
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear, however, that some aspects of your stay were not satisfactory. Our policy on early check-ins is that we will do anything possible to get you in as early as we can. We don't guarantee any times, we just do our best to get people in early. I personally make sure every front desk agent is told to get any guests in as soon as we can. The problem in this instance was that our check out time is at noon, so we can't guarantee that the person in the room will be out early enough to get you in at that time. As far as late checkouts, again, bad timing in that we were sold out that night. In that situation, late checkouts are very difficult for us. Its not something we offer, unless under emergency situations, as we need to get the rooms cleaned and ready for check in at 3:30, or in some cases, earlier. I hope the other aspects of your stay were better and again, I do apologize for the misunderstanding. If you would like to speak with me further about this, please contact me at the hotel. Thank you.

Ryan Kuntz

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We've stayed here quite a few times over the years. This was a great hotel when it was 60 or 70 dollars, but it's been creeping up in price steadily over the years. We have one of those stamp cards that show what you've paid, and the price has gone up every year we've stayed (even with the coupons).

The hotel is nice, but some of the details are lacking - especially when it's in the higher price point for Grand Forks. The breakfast is excellent, but there's no coffee served after hours, which is a definite downside for me. Snacks in the breakfast area are locked up after breakfast closes - no cookies or fruit here.

The hotel advertises five hot tubs - one is in the loud pool area, one always seems to burn my eyes from the chlorine, and there always seems to be one that's closed - and they're all luke-warm. That being said, the courtyard is neat to hang out in (The fish are huge now - I remember when they were little bitty things).

Staff is hit or miss - some of the front desk staff are amazing, and some are rather dismissive and borderline rude - the people make the hotel, and our experience varies each time depending on who is behind the desk.

The rooms are somewhat clean - not spotless, though- we always find a bottlecap, comb, or something when we're checking the room for bedbugs (we check every room we stay in top-to-bottom), so that's a bit concerning - at first glance it looks clean, but check behind the bed or beside the side-tables, and it's a bit different...

I wish they'd leave an extra towel or two in the room - 2 per room isn't enough. After showering after the hot tubs, you use up your clean towel, and the pool towels are essentially hand-towel sized.

Check your bill when they pass it to you to sign - four out of five times, it's not reflective of the coupon rate, and it needs to be changed - keep an eye out (they're always good about fixing it, but it can be annoying to have to look each time).

The alarm clocks SUCK. Some of them can be changed, others have you spinning the dial for hours trying to get a single minute to change. The one in room 221 has been broken for years - we complained about it each time we stayed in that room, and a front desk person checked it and agreed, and it still sits in that room each time we end up there...I don't like to just rely on a wake-up-call.

All in all, it's a nice hotel - but considering that they want 135 on a weekend, they need to be much better!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The "stream" running through the lobby area was great--my Son enjoyed feeding the fish in the morning. Our room was clean, the T.V. huge and bed comfortable. I was quoted one price at check-in and charged another at check-out but the front desk quickly changed it when I brought the issue to their attention. Walking distance to several restaurants & shopping--of course. My Son and I enjoyed the pool plus they had six hot tubs so no crowding during this relaxing time. The side security door didn't stay locked which is a concern when traveling with kids. All in all, I would stay here again and we did enjoy the amenities-good breakfast.

Thanks C'mon Innn!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

On a family vacation recently we turned a planned 1 night stay into a 2 night stay, and also invited another family to join us! Additionally the staff was very accommodating when we added a second night, and a second room for our friends.

Booking and Pricing: we booked online for about $110 for a two queen courtyard room, Booking was flawless.

Accommodations: I can't say enough about the about of the layout of this hotel, all of the courtyard rooms have a patio table and chair right outside he room, and a hot tub within 50 feet or so, the pool and 5th hot tub is separated by a glass wall, so you don't hear all the noise, but can still see what is going on. The room it self was good, a nice large TV, and very clean and well appointed room, and importantly a a good selection of pillows.

Free Breakfast and Supper: The free breakfast was excellent, it had everything including eggs, and meats, waffles, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, and cereals, as well as coffee hot chocolate, cappuccino , and juice. Additionally there were free supper buffets both nights we were there, on the wednesday it was Taco Bar, and thursday it was Lasagna, and it included canned drinks and desserts.

After the first night we had enjoyed the courtyard atmosphere so much that we decided to stay a second night, and we also called some friends who were on their way through town and convinced then to join us for a night. It was perfect the kids could swim and play, and we could sit in the courtyard and have a few beverages and socialize and watch the kids at all times. The staff was very polite and at 10:45 pm reminded us that the courtyard was going to close, and then were very polite again when me and my friend were having a night cap at 11:15 while our wives were getting the kids settled. This was perfect, and it keep the hotel nice and quiet for all guests after 11 pm.

If I had one negative thing to say it is that i found the bed too soft, My wife loved it, but I like a firm bed. But this is just me being high Maintenance!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are excellent.
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this hotel, and were not disappointed. We were very happy with the great service that we received at this hotel. The front desk staff were very polite and efficient, had to leave a day early because of a home issue, had no problems cancelling one day. The breakfast was continental, had and a great variety of fresh foid. They also had an afternoon buffet of bunwiches, sweets, coleslaw, fruit, coffee and other tasty treats. First time i have seen that, was very enjoyable. The rooms were clean and sound proof, you could also relax out front were there were comfortable arm chairs and a large television.

Great place to stay, worth the dollar in every way

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ruthnbob
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last 10 plus years. Have always enjoyed utilizing the courtyard. (nice not to feel stuck in room) Unfortunately we have seen quite a decline in the cleanliness of the hotel. This past visit we noticed that the bed linens hadn't even been changed. There was numerous body hairs in the middle of the bed. Yuck! The front staff tried to claim that it was the cleaning staffs hair. They did bring fresh bedding but it was left for us to change on our own. In the past I also recall seeing someone move all of the courtyard chairs/tables & check the chemicals in the pools/hottubs daily. We do not see them anymore and can tell.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank E K
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review or hotel. I apologize that you last stay was not up to standards. Our policy is to change the bedding for every new, incoming guest. Finding hair in your bedding is 100% unacceptable on our part, regardless of where it came from. As far as the courtyard, we do have designated people to clean the courtyard 7 days a week. Like you mentioned, the courtyard is a fantastic and unique trait of our hotel, and we work very hard to keep it clean. I apologize if it also was not up to standards during your stay. Also, we have made some recent improvements to our hot tubs with new chemical systems that are self monitoring,so the need to test the water at the tub is greatly reduced. Regardless, I apologize again for the dissatisfaction. I sincerely hope you will book with us again next time you are in Grand Forks and give us a chance to redeem ourselves. Feel free to contact me to discuss this issue further. Thank you.

Ryan K