C'mon Inn - Grand Forks
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Forks)
US$84
US$95
Priceline
US$85
US$81
All reviewscourtyard roomhot tubwafflesmany times over the yearsping pong tablejacuzzi suitecontinental breakfastfront desk staffsausagelots of varietyother hotelspool areashopping and restaurantsfresh fruitshopping triptubscmon
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My co-workers had raved about this hotel and its courtyard, so we decided to give it a try. It was higher in price for Grand Forks, $130/night average over the August 3-4 weekend, but it was great. We had courtyard rooms on the first floor, and adjoined with our friends, so we had a great time enjoying the hot tubs, pool and breakfast. Breakfast was great with waffles, sausages, bacon, cereal, fruit, etc.. This with the common courtyard was what made it worth it. The kids also had a lot of fun feeding the fish in the morning. Will definitely stay here next time, hopefully during the week when we can enjoy the evening buffet!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Flew in for a business meeting. Requested in early check in when I reserved online. Called a few days before to ask about the early check in. Was told no. Girl couldn't be bothered to help me. Arrived early after early morning flight. Told the desk I just flew in, needed to get ready for my meeting. Was basically told too bad so sad. Fine. Later that day I asked for an extra hour to check out since I had a later flight the next day. Again couldn't be bothered with my request. And was told "we don't do that". I'm in customer service and I know I wasn't asking for much. Maybe don't name your hotel C'mon Inn if you don't let your guest come in for a few hours.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Owly34
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear, however, that some aspects of your stay were not satisfactory. Our policy on early check-ins is that we will do anything possible to get you in as early as we can. We don't guarantee any times, we just do our best to get people in early. I personally make sure every front desk agent is told to get any guests in as soon as we can. The problem in this instance was that our check out time is at noon, so we can't guarantee that the person in the room will be out early enough to get you in at that time. As far as late checkouts, again, bad timing in that we were sold out that night. In that situation, late checkouts are very difficult for us. Its not something we offer, unless under emergency situations, as we need to get the rooms cleaned and ready for check in at 3:30, or in some cases, earlier. I hope the other aspects of your stay were better and again, I do apologize for the misunderstanding. If you would like to speak with me further about this, please contact me at the hotel. Thank you.

Ryan Kuntz

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We've stayed here quite a few times over the years. This was a great hotel when it was 60 or 70 dollars, but it's been creeping up in price steadily over the years. We have one of those stamp cards that show what you've paid, and the price has gone up every year we've stayed (even with the coupons).

The hotel is nice, but some of the details are lacking - especially when it's in the higher price point for Grand Forks. The breakfast is excellent, but there's no coffee served after hours, which is a definite downside for me. Snacks in the breakfast area are locked up after breakfast closes - no cookies or fruit here.

The hotel advertises five hot tubs - one is in the loud pool area, one always seems to burn my eyes from the chlorine, and there always seems to be one that's closed - and they're all luke-warm. That being said, the courtyard is neat to hang out in (The fish are huge now - I remember when they were little bitty things).

Staff is hit or miss - some of the front desk staff are amazing, and some are rather dismissive and borderline rude - the people make the hotel, and our experience varies each time depending on who is behind the desk.

The rooms are somewhat clean - not spotless, though- we always find a bottlecap, comb, or something when we're checking the room for bedbugs (we check every room we stay in top-to-bottom), so that's a bit concerning - at first glance it looks clean, but check behind the bed or beside the side-tables, and it's a bit different...

I wish they'd leave an extra towel or two in the room - 2 per room isn't enough. After showering after the hot tubs, you use up your clean towel, and the pool towels are essentially hand-towel sized.

Check your bill when they pass it to you to sign - four out of five times, it's not reflective of the coupon rate, and it needs to be changed - keep an eye out (they're always good about fixing it, but it can be annoying to have to look each time).

The alarm clocks SUCK. Some of them can be changed, others have you spinning the dial for hours trying to get a single minute to change. The one in room 221 has been broken for years - we complained about it each time we stayed in that room, and a front desk person checked it and agreed, and it still sits in that room each time we end up there...I don't like to just rely on a wake-up-call.

All in all, it's a nice hotel - but considering that they want 135 on a weekend, they need to be much better!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The "stream" running through the lobby area was great--my Son enjoyed feeding the fish in the morning. Our room was clean, the T.V. huge and bed comfortable. I was quoted one price at check-in and charged another at check-out but the front desk quickly changed it when I brought the issue to their attention. Walking distance to several restaurants & shopping--of course. My Son and I enjoyed the pool plus they had six hot tubs so no crowding during this relaxing time. The side security door didn't stay locked which is a concern when traveling with kids. All in all, I would stay here again and we did enjoy the amenities-good breakfast.

Thanks C'mon Innn!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

On a family vacation recently we turned a planned 1 night stay into a 2 night stay, and also invited another family to join us! Additionally the staff was very accommodating when we added a second night, and a second room for our friends.

Booking and Pricing: we booked online for about $110 for a two queen courtyard room, Booking was flawless.

Accommodations: I can't say enough about the about of the layout of this hotel, all of the courtyard rooms have a patio table and chair right outside he room, and a hot tub within 50 feet or so, the pool and 5th hot tub is separated by a glass wall, so you don't hear all the noise, but can still see what is going on. The room it self was good, a nice large TV, and very clean and well appointed room, and importantly a a good selection of pillows.

Free Breakfast and Supper: The free breakfast was excellent, it had everything including eggs, and meats, waffles, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, and cereals, as well as coffee hot chocolate, cappuccino , and juice. Additionally there were free supper buffets both nights we were there, on the wednesday it was Taco Bar, and thursday it was Lasagna, and it included canned drinks and desserts.

After the first night we had enjoyed the courtyard atmosphere so much that we decided to stay a second night, and we also called some friends who were on their way through town and convinced then to join us for a night. It was perfect the kids could swim and play, and we could sit in the courtyard and have a few beverages and socialize and watch the kids at all times. The staff was very polite and at 10:45 pm reminded us that the courtyard was going to close, and then were very polite again when me and my friend were having a night cap at 11:15 while our wives were getting the kids settled. This was perfect, and it keep the hotel nice and quiet for all guests after 11 pm.

If I had one negative thing to say it is that i found the bed too soft, My wife loved it, but I like a firm bed. But this is just me being high Maintenance!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are excellent.