“We always stay here!”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Winnipeg
“We always stay here!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is by far our favorite hotel in Grand Forks. We have children and they love the hot tubs, pool and fish. There are no water slides but they are okay with that. The courtyard does get a little loud with the water feature, but it's so nice with all the patio furniture to just sit back and relax. We have never had a bad experience here.

The breakfast bar is nice and has recently expanded with alot of options. They even have appetizers here in the afternoon. The location is good and we find ourselves walking to most of the stores.

Room Tip: Coutyard is nice
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We Booked A Night At The Hotel After We Extended Our Trip In Grand Forks And Wanted To Try It Out. I Made The Reservation In Person At The Hotel But When I Went To Check InThey Could Not Find It. ThankFullY I Saved My Confirmation. It Turned Out They Misspelled My Name. The First Thing That Hits You Is The Overwhelming Smell Of Chlorine. There Are Jacuzzies ThrougH Out The Lobby, Which Is Nice But It Really Smells. Our Room Was On An Inside Hallway So We Did Not Face The Lobby. This Was Nice Because We Did Not Hear The Noise Of All The Kids At 6 Am allowed To Run Through The Lobby. As For The Room, It Was Nicely AppointeD With A Big Tv And A Kruieg Coffee Maker, Very Nice. There Was Also A Nice Recliner In The Room. The Bad Part Was That The Room Smelled Like Cigarette Smoke Even Tbough It Is Non Smoking And The Security Lock Was Busted Off. I Called The Front DeSk But Nothing Was Done. The Hotel Itself Just Seems Old And It Took Two Showers To Get The Smell Off Of Us. The Morning Breakfast Was Good But Again There Were Alot Of Kids Just Running All Over And Not Being Minded By Their Parents. I Will Not Stay There Again And I Do Not Recommend Anyone Else Stay There.

• Stayed August 2013
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear there were some things you enjoyed about your stay, but more disappointed that there were several thigs you didn't. As far as the smell in your room, we take smoking in the building very seriously. Every guest that checks in is warned about smoking and any guests found smoking in their room are fined substantially. Our staff is usually very good about finding and reporting those problems, but things could be missed. We are also undergoing some remodeling to many areas of our hotel,and by the end of this month we will have a new lobby, along with new wallcovering and carpet in all the common areas and hallways. We would certainly appreciate another opportunity from you in the future, but if not it is totally understandbale. If nothing else, I would appreciate a call to maybe get some more information regarding your stay. Thank you.

Ryan K
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Love the location and feel to this hotel . Our rooms AC was not working properly so we called down a few times and were told the same thing . Turn it to on and leave it for an hour , still was bringing the temp down. Finally we got them to bring us up a fan ( so dusty it must have been in storage for a decade ) . We ran the fan all night long and tried to brim the temp down . I can't understand why they wouldn't send someone to take a look to see if it could be fixed instead of us having to find ways to stay cool . Nice hotel , front desk needs a
better understanding how to deal with customers .

Rosenort
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Nice and clean room. Hubby loved the Keurig in the room. Large flat screen TV in our room and the bed was very comfortable (just found the pillows to be on the smaller side. Sort of weird, but still a good night sleep). Pool was refreshing and also the pool area seemed well maintained. I did find it a little weird to have the hot tubs in the courtyard area because they were all facing rooms with patio doors (we are more private type people so this was off-putting for us). Breakfast was super delicious with lots to choose from. Again the only seating was in the courtyard and since most of the tables were right beside patio doors that belonged to another room it felt a little strange to sit and eat our breakfast knowing that someone could open their curtain and stare at us (again if you're the friendly type I'm sure this wouldn't bother you and it certainly won't detract us from recommending this place. It truly was a great stay, but just a little weird for us). Overall, we would definitely return.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the upper floor away from the courtyard for more privacy and to get away from the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nettie D
Leaf Rapids, Mb
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as we were passing through, but I'd come back again for sure. There were many hot tubs located outside the first floor rooms and a large pool. There was also a small shallow kids pool and another hot tub in the pool area.
There was a fish pond that my son found very interesting.
The continental breakfast had pancakes and waffles in addition to the basics. Mon-Fri there is a happy hour where there are free appetizers and sift drinks.
The location was close to amenities and plenty of parking.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in Grand Forks for our first anniversary, we just wanted to get away somewhere quiet and spend a few days together relaxing and shopping, something we don't get to do a lot of. I booked the C'mon Inn entirly on it's name, cute and a bit tacky. I have to say I was plesantly surprised when we arrived! We were allowed to check in just after 1pm, 2 and a half hours early. We were greeted with friendly smiles and a quick rundown of facilities, given our room keys and told exactly which parking are and which door were closest to our room.

We booked a King room and it was lovely. The bed was big and soft, the room was clean, bright and a good size. The Keurig was a nice touch as well (since it's what we have at home, we bought our faveorite K cups to use!) The bathroom was a standard hotel bathroom, but the water pressure in the shower was lovely, and it was big enough for both my husband and I to shower and get ready in.

We walked around the courtyard for a little while after unloading the car. It is such a lovely, relaxing space. The hot tubs have enough privacy that you don't feel like everyone is staring at you, but aren't so tucked away that you're concerned about what might be happening in them! There's plenty of seating if want to relax and enjoy the sound of the waterfall with a drink, but not so much that it's crowded.

The Koi pond is a nice feature, the fish looked healthy and well taken care of, and I noticed they were a big hit with young and old alike

We were the only "young couple" staying at the time (I am late 20's, my husband is early 30's) it seemed to be mostly older couples and young families with kids, however that didn't detract from the fun. Everyone seemed to be having a great time in their own way, and at no point did we feel out of place. Neither did it get too loud and rowdy from the kids, or did we feel like we had to whisper our conversations while sitting in the hot tubs or having a drink at a table.

The breakfast was also very nice, make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, sausages and a nice selection of juices, coffees and teas.

All in all my husband and I have both decided this is now our hotel chain of choice, we'll absolutly be coming back to the Grand Forks location, and are excited to stay at their other locations as we travel as well!

Room Tip: If you're going to spend a lot of time in the hot tubs or at the tables book a room right off th...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer A
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My co-workers had raved about this hotel and its courtyard, so we decided to give it a try. It was higher in price for Grand Forks, $130/night average over the August 3-4 weekend, but it was great. We had courtyard rooms on the first floor, and adjoined with our friends, so we had a great time enjoying the hot tubs, pool and breakfast. Breakfast was great with waffles, sausages, bacon, cereal, fruit, etc.. This with the common courtyard was what made it worth it. The kids also had a lot of fun feeding the fish in the morning. Will definitely stay here next time, hopefully during the week when we can enjoy the evening buffet!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family