Stayed here for 2 nights with young children during a family trip. Booked the hotel online through their website, and got an email saying the reservation didn't go through, and to call the hotel directly. So it was pointless to book online. We booked a courtyard room with 2 queen beds. Check in was smooth, and room was as promised. Hotel seemed mostly empty, which was awesome. Couple points to make...
1. Our room keys stopped working sporadically throughout the days. Some keys would only work in the entry door, and some would only work in the room doors. We went through a total of about 8 keys in 2 days.
2. Wifi was spotty, and would drop offline at times, but came back right away.
3. Breakfast was really good, but we were never around for the evening thing. Would be fantastic if they kept the pop and coffee available all day though.
3. General lack of business facilities. This hotel is much more suited to family/friends as opposed to business.
4. Courtyards and common areas were well maintained, and the fish were healthy and active.
5. Some updating to minor things should be done. It still has the same arcade games that were there when I was a kid 20+ years ago, and they seem to not get much use these days. Maybe the vending machines could be moved here, so they're more central
6. Humidity is quite high everywhere. Even in the rooms. Sort of uncomfortable at times, but probably pretty nice in the dead of winter.
7. Beds seemed to be pretty worn out. They had some large dips from guests over the years. Felt like I was sinking in and being smothered in certain spots of the bed.
8. Having the courtyard rooms was fantastic. It was like having a huge living room after the kids had gone to bed. Highly recommend based on this alone.
9. Minor details need to be better looked after. ie. The water cooler in the gym (which isn't even advertised they have) was empty both days, and had no cups; the bathrooms in the courtyard needed cleaning, and never happened; etc... Nothing major, just things that should be noticed on a daily rounds.
10. Pool was only average. Wish there was something more for kids, even just a small slide, in to the pool. Or even some more seating.
Apparently renovations were going on, but we never saw or heard anything. Rooms are surprisingly quiet.
All in all, the addition of the courtyard makes this an excellent choice, but I think the overall quality of the hotel remains average for the reasons above. I would, and probably will stay again, but only in a courtyard room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your C'mon Inn - Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- c`Mon Inn - Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- c Mon Hotel Grand Forks