“Always a Favorite!”

C'mon Inn - Grand Forks
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 14 January 2007

C'Mon Inn is always a favorite! My husband and I have come here several times for "romantic getaways" in their jacuzzi rooms. This time we brought our two kids (12 & 16) and they thoroughly enjoyed it as well. The courtyard is such a delight and we spent a good bit of time in the hottub just outside our room. The decor in the rooms is lovely and the only "surprising" thing we found was that the curtains on the windows that face directly into the courtyard do not close (there are very transparent sheers on them). I ended up pinning the two short side curtains closed as people walking by the window had NO trouble seeing directly inside.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 21 August 2006

This is the place to be if you're in town for some relaxation and shopping. Located directly across from the Columbia Mall and a 3 minute drive to Super Target, Gordman's, etc it was the perfect location for us to do our shopping. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. Our room was CLEAN and cozy (we had 2 Queens on the main floor facing the courtyard). The mattresses were incredibly comfortable.

Husband, baby and I enjoyed the open atmosphere and met a lot of families staying there. The whirlpools were very warm and relaxing and the main pool area was great because all of it's windows that gave natural light. The cont. breakfast was more than adequate and I especially liked the extra ammenities in the room such as a decent-sized fridge (great for storing our cold drinks and baby food!) and the coffee maker. Price wise: On par with the other hotels that give the same sort of service such as Holiday Inn, etc. One teeny downside was that we had to pay 4.99 + tx to rent a movie for the DVD player - I don't know, for $99 US per night that we paid you'd think they could throw in a movie or two!! Oh, well - it was still worth it and we'd come again!

2  Thank Sun-Seeker-4-eva
Reviewed 7 August 2006

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. Our jacuzzi suite was the definition of relaxation. We travel to Grand Forks from Winnipeg often and now we won't stay anywhere else but the C'Mon Inn when in town. Thanks for making this trip a better one, we will return.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank canuckabilly
Reviewed 28 May 2006

In the summer you are completely enclosed, You can't open a window. The chlorine odor from the all the hot tubs and pool will drive you out for fresh air.This applies to the upper end rooms all facing the inner court yard.
On arrival my rates changed from what I was quoted and reserved by phone.

yes the breakfast was very good, but I didn't pay $168 us for 2 nights just for breakfast and in a room we could hardly breath for clorine..... We'll pass this one up for fresh air.

WINNIPEG MB CANADA

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank wolf2
A TripAdvisor Member
Winnipeg Mb
Reviewed 27 December 2005

We travel to Grand Forks alot from Winnipeg , We love the Cmon Inn, Nice Large Rooms, Great Pool Area , Very Clean , pleasant atmosphere, reasonable room rates.

Overall a great place to stay

• Stayed: October 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 November 2005

We go down to Grand Forks a lot.

We really really really enjoyed our stay at the cmon inn.

CHECKIN- a breeze. we called a day ahead to get another room and they were awesome about it

ROOM-try to get an "even" number room because you can have a baclony/terrace looking over the middle of the hotel where all the beautiful gardens and hot tubs are. They also are all connecting rooms, which is great.

Free breakfast-went over and beyond what I;ve seen for con.breakie. It was great. Lots of food to choose from.

Pool-decent size. Good enough for a hotel. There is also 5 hot tubs spread around the middle of the hotel.

The best night sleep all 5 of us have had at a hotel. the beds were great! the even numbered rooms upstairs were a fair size biggar than the other room we had (odd and on first floor), but everything was great.

we will be back, 100% for sure, and I would recc. this hotel to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: November 2005
8  Thank holly_913
A TripAdvisor Member
Superior , WI
Reviewed 17 July 2005

Every year I try to return to Grand Forks to visit my family. After the 5 hour drive from Duluth, Mn to Grand Froks I decided this year I was going to treat myself to a jacuzzi suite for this years visit. I had heard good things about this hotel from other family members, but had never seen it for myself.

The only word that comes to mind when describing my experience there is AWSOME! I was the director of sales for a tourist hotel on Canal Park in Duluth and due to traveling for that job have stayed in countless hotels over the past few years. Never have I experienced service that clearly defines North Dakota hospitality. The front desk was very friendly and welcoming. Their can do attitude and and cheerful way they handle customers is a example of a good team work setting.

My room was the cleanest I have ever seen. After working in the industry I am the worst critic and know the spots that can get overlooked when a room is cleaned. Hats off to housekeeping! It is clear that they strive for perfection when doing up the rooms. Mine was flawless! The jacuzzi was one that 2 people could enjoy not one of those tiny cramped ones. The bed was soft and sheets were crisp and clean, but not over bleached like some. I could go on and on about how happy I was with my room and how clean it was. My second day I asked the housekeeper for clean towels and told her I was staying another day. She had the same can do friendly attitude the front desk had. This was the 1st time I have left a tip for the housekeeper and felt she really deserved it!

Outside my room was a outdoor table and chairs. The whole middle area was beautifully landscaped and each pool side room has it's own hot tub. It is the most unique set up I have ever seen. The pool was in a closed off room and that was great. I could relax with some adult family members in the hot tub and not deal with screaming children running around. That alone made my experinece one of the best I have ever had in staying at a hotel.

The continental breakfast was incredible. The assortment of rolls, muffins, ect was one of the best I have seen. The area was clean and for the 1st time ever I had no problem eating off a public buffet area. It was kept up and did not look like it had been trashed and picked thru. Great job guys!

The General Manager has every reason to be proud of his staff and the property he or she represents. I would like them to know this is the 1st time I have ever written a comment on this site. The hotel I worked for was nothing like this one and the comments on this websight created a huge obsticles for my sales dept. to over come. I have found people are fast to complain, but never give credit were credit is due.

To the management and staff you guys are great! I have found my "room" when I come home to visit my family. I will be back again and again as well as recommend you guys to everyone I encounter looking for lodging in Grand Forks!

• Stayed: July 2005