“family reunion”

Staybridge Suites Grand Forks
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
“family reunion”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a very nice stay. The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the wonderful breakfast served in lobby area.Very close to UND easy on/off of interstate. We were very happy with how helpful the staff was.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Clare A, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites, Grand Forks while traveling for your family reunion. We appreciate your positive feedback on our hotel and most importantly our staff-we want to always offer the best service possible! Thanks for choosing our hotel and we hope we can accommodate you again in the future.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked this hotel on reward points to give it a try. I was not disappointed and will be staying here again. The room was very nice and super clean. The full size fridge and all of the amenities were first class. I loved that they gave you so many kitchen utensils etc. This was so helpful with children. I thought the tv was in a weird location but it turns so you can view it in bed or on the couch. The pool water was a nice temp. The kiddie pool was wonderful and zero entry which is great for toddlers. The nice lawn and outdoor seating area was a really good touch. The breakfast was a notch above your average hotel bfast. The area was clean and well stocked. I heard the bfast girl saying it was her second day and she was doing a GREAT job. Shout out to her and I hope she sees this. She was greeting guests, asking if the food was okay etc. Loved seeing that! Another worker at the hotel helped a small girl carry her bfast to her table. It is just the little touches that matter so much.

The only reason I took a star off is because that the first day we were there a housekeeping lady barged into our room. No knocking or anything. I would have been mortified if I was changing. She said she didn't know anyone was checked into our room. Well...our room is clean anyway so why was she coming in?! Quite strange.
I also called down in the evening because they only provided half of a TP roll for us. The lady said she would bring some up in 10 mins but the next morning there was still none there. I understand she may have gotten busy but it is kind of a critical thing to have in the room. The girl at the desk in the morning brought it up right away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Clare A, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay and for recognizing employees. We will certainly pass these kind words on to our breakfast staff. I am pleased to see you were able to experience many of our great amenities and most importantly, that you will be returning to visit us in the future. That is great to hear and we thank you for your business.
Regarding the two issues you noted, I can definitely see your frustrations with both of these. If you could reach out to me directly that would be greatly appreciated so that we can make sure we can use this as a training tool. clare@grandforksstaybridge.com.

Again, thank you for your kind words and letting us know abut your stay. Hope to hear from you soon.

Odessa, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Flew into Bismarck for the night before making our way to Dickinson. This was a great place to stay! Staff was friendly and the housekeepers were polite. Beautiful rooms, beautiful property, beautiful hotel! Room was spacious with a full kitchen and comfortable beds. Recommended!! This will be my goto hotel in Bismarck!

Stayed June 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a kind review of your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites, Grand Forks and for your recommendation. We are thrilled this is your go to brand of hotel now! Most importantly, thank you for recognizing our staff. They strive to provide outstanding customer service to each and every guest every day and we love that you experienced this. We hope you will be our guest again soon.

Rolla, North Dakota
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We greatly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We had a studio suite with a queen bed. We would have preferred a king bed, but I didn't request a king when I made the reservation. The bed was so comfortable that having only a queen wasn't a problem, surprisingly. Staff was very friendly and professional. The breakfast was good, a lot of things to choose from. The hotel was full the night we stayed, but still very quiet, little to no noise coming from hallways. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Clare A, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites, Grand Forks for your recent hotel needs! Our staff works hard to create a "home like" environment that includes comfort and top of the line service. It was wonderful to read your review and will pass your kind words on to our staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We booked a room at the Staybridge Suites Grand Forks eight months ago - a one bedroom suite with a king bed. We got a call one week before we were to arrive and were told that room was not available because people that were staying before us wanted to extend their stay and the hotel had agreed to that. It is a long weekend in Canada the weekend in question so as you can imagine there are no rooms available anywhere, especially ones that allow pets (it was suggested to me that they could get us a reservation for the type of room we wanted but at a place that did not allow pets - sort of defeats why we booked there in the first place). I was told that they would be more than happy to cancel my reservation should I not want to downgrade to a studio room. Oh, and by the way, if I was agreeable to downgrading to a studio room they would not be adjusting the price even though when you go to make a reservation the studio room is usually about $17 per night cheaper than a one bedroom suite. At the present time we have future reservations with Staybridge that we are reconsidering as was booked seven months in advance of arrival (who knows when we might get a call to say it is not available). We were also told that the Staybridge in Grand Forks is under the same management as the one in Fargo so I guess you also need to be careful at that location as well.

Room Tip: I was told by the manager that it does not matter what type of room you book, their guarantee is tha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank TheBears542
Clare A, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for reaching out us about your recent stay. We can certainly understand your frustration that you were asked to move into a different room type. We value each and everyone of our guests that stay at the hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so that we can discuss your situation further. guestservices@grandforksstaybridge.com.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staying in a nice hotel is a perk but staying in a nice hotel with a full kitchen is better than being home since someone other than myself cleans the room. Staybridge is one of my favorite hotels and for good reason: full complimentary breakfast buffet, full kitchen with dishwasher and evening Socials midweek. For those of us who prefer to cook our own meals a few days a week when we’re on the road, Staybridge is the place. This hotel looks brand new which explains the enormous flat screen TV. Yes, I love large screen TV in my hotel room since I tend to be a couch potato in the evenings. The breakfast buffet always includes fresh fruit – my favorite and there are evening “Social” on Tuesday through Thursday that’s like a dinner buffet. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. I even got a hand written welcome note from Ms. Albrecht, Director of Sales. If you like clean new hotel with lots of amenities at a budget friendly rate, this is the place in Grand Forks. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Clare A, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Valued Guest,

Happy to hear you received my note! We definitely appreciate your business and love to hear when people are loyal to the Staybridge brand. Thank you for your very nice review of all the great things we offer our guests here at the Staybridge Suites, Grand Forks. We strive to always provide great service and wonderful amenities-we are so happy you took notice and appreciated it from the fresh fruit and social to the friendly staff. Hope to see you again soon.

Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very pleased with this property, and it represents good value.
As a frequent business traveler, Staybridge Suites is certainly a brand I'm familiar with and have stayed in before. I chose this property for a family trip, even though it was a little more money than other local hotels.
It was definitely the right choice, because of the spaciousness and convenience of the two bedroom suite & kitchen, as well as the amenities.
It is right across the street from the Alerus center close to the university and less than 10 mins from the mall.
It appears to be a fairly new property, with some new competition being built around it, so will have to see if they can maintain the property and the service/value in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Valued Guest,

We are thrilled you are familiar with Staybridge Suites and felt our hotel was a good representation of all the wonderful things this brand represents. Though we are new, we are committed to continually providing our guests with a home like environment that's great for family or business travel, amazing amenities and outstanding customer service each and every day. Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

With Hospitality,