“Quiet area, relatively new, good GF's option”

Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My feelings are mixed here. This is a fairly new property within the last 3 years or less. The property is in very good to excellent condition. Hampton's offer franchisees a number of furnishing options, and this place obviously went for the cheap version. The quality of room furnishings was my only complaint compared to other properties I've been in with the same flag. With that said, if you want to stay at a Hilton property - this is the one, as the other... which is an HGI up the street is getting run down a bit with terrible service.

Here the property is in good shape. It is in a relatively quiet area, nested between other hotels and a large apartment complex. The shopping are in south GF's is a few blocks away, UND is a quick drive, Alerus Center is a few blocks up, and downtown is a convenient 5 minute drive.

To me it always comes down to... would I stay there again? I'd definitely stay at this property again. While I think some better facility decisions could have been made, the service was solid, and the property represented the brand.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

No surprises here, the hotel is a standard hampton inn. Staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was good but could have been cleaner (a hair in the bathroom and an empty soda bottle beneath the bed). Breakfast was average.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that your room was not as clean as it should be. I hope that, if given the chance, we can show you an even better experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This has been my favorite brand of hotel for some time now so I was pleased that they finally arrived in Grand Forks, ND. The Hampton did not disappoint as I found great service, great rooms and great breakfast all waiting for me upon arrival. i found the hotel was in a very convenient spot in Grand Forks as it allows an easy 5-10 min drive to most shops and favorite restaurants as well close to I-29.

I noticed the ceiling fan in the bathroom was not operating and we had some crickets in the hallway in the morning, I brought these concerns up with the front desk who seemed to be concerned and promised to rectify the noted problems.

I won't hesitate to stay here again as we visit Grand Forks quite often, the value for my dollar can not be matched!

Room Tip: Stay at the back of the hotel (east end) as it is farther away from I-29.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! We appreciate guests bringing any and all concerns to the staff's attention so that we may address them as soon as possible. It is great to hear a guest have such a positive experience and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had an excellent stay and no major issues, except for breakfast. The breakfast was good, but it took awhile for them to bring out more food, that was the only minor issue. Overall great hotel, service was great, beds were comfy, and the pool is large and deep enough to do mini laps which is a plus.

Best hotel Hilton property in the Grand Forks area, this is coming from a Marriott Hotel Associate. Will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryanaga86
Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had an excellent stay. The staff here works hard to ensure each guest has a great stay and we will use your comments to continue to improve our service. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great hotel. Best feature was the complimentary breakfast. Beds are not the most comfortable, but we stayed mid-week and it was quiet. Hotel staff were quite helpful - especially the woman who re-stocked breakfast items!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The staff works hard to meet each and every one of our guests' needs. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As usual this Hampton hotel was excellent in every respect - very clean, quiet and well located with easy free parking. There really is no need for us to consider any other brand for our travel accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed overnight on 13 Aug 2014. Hotel feels brand new. Reception was friendly and efficient. Room was very nice -- clean, updated -- a lot of nice touches. Neutregena bath products were great. Spent a few minutes in the hot tub and pool -- it was great, clean, and fresh feeling too. Breakfast in the morning was very good for a free/included meal. Hotel staff pointed me in the right direction for my morning run (city trail a couple of blocks away.) Best part of our experience was when I called back, two days later, to inform them I had left my brand new bathing suit in my room by accident. Haleigh answered the phone, was very friendly and polite, found my suit, took my address, and mailing it back to me! Very happy and satisfied. Thank you, Haleigh! A great stay. Would definitely recommend and come back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for review of our hotel! It is great to see the appreciation for our staff and that they are meeting the needs of our guests. They will appreciate your review. This is exactly the type of satisfaction we wish to meet all of our guests with whether they be a long term stay or just overnight. We sincerely hope to see you again in the future!