“Great downtown addition”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Fargo,
“Great downtown addition”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Being in my upper 20's, it has been a challenge to find a place in Grand Forks to go after hockey games that wasn't inundated with the college crowd in downtown Grand Forks. I felt that the atmosphere at Brick and Barley was very condusive for those of us who were looking to enjoy a beer, a bite to eat and socialize. I've tried several items from the menu and was impressed with the variety. The beers were great and I'm excited to continue trying a different one each time I return. The staff has always been friendly, accessible and accomodating.

2 Thank Kylie E

Grand Forks, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AH-mazing!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Each time i go to Brick and Barley it gets even better! It is a upscale restaurant that you cant find any where else in Grand Forks. The beer selection is the best in town! It changes all the time, and you can get beer to go! The macaroni balls are an AMAZING appetizer. All the times i have been here i typically steer towards what is on special which changes daily. The chicken sandwich is great because it is a real chicken breast, on a fresh bun, and it has fresh lettuce, and tomatoes! oh, and lets not forget the Cesar, to DIE for, best ever, and don't worry, if you cant decide between a Cesar or beer, the Cesar comes WITH beer on the side. The best part, the price, totally reasonable! the not so great, i can only go on date nights, no kids allowed ( i see this as a downfall, some see this as a benefit =]. ) Also, our total was around 25: a ceasar, a beer, chicken sandwich, a special.

1 Thank TN-hilbilly
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and cocktails”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I highly recommend Brick and Barley for the atomosphere, drinks and food. I myself am not a beer drinker but the food is always delicious I haven't had a bad meal yet and the staff is always friendly. It's one of the best places to go for drinks good food and good conversation.

1 Thank DarlingAshl3y
Warroad, MN USA
“The food was good, but the beer...superlative!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Our first time to this place and we weren't disappointed. The food was good...my husband had the french dip which had steak points, cheese and peppers rather than the tired old shaved beef most often used and since it was Happy Hour and appetizers were half-price, I had the Macaroni Bites and the Walleye Fingers. The Macaroni Bites were OK, but the Walleye Fingers are a must-have...especially with the wasabi dip provided (which tasted more like curry than wasabi, but that in my estimation is a good thing!). The best part for me though, was the beer I chose (out of 48 taps available!): Whychwood Hobgoblin...a red English ale. If I could find that anywhere nearby, I would stock up! However, we live 130 miles from Grand Forks...and maybe that's a good thing! You can buy growlers to take home, but we were unable to do that the day we came. All in all, still a bit of a college-hangout type place, but the food and the beer will bring us back for a return visit. Also, the waiter was competent, friendly and eager-to-please.

• Visited September 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Kind of disappointing”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We decided to stop in and try this new restaurant for dinner and were sorely disappointed. The space of the restaurant is large and spacious and there is a large selection of beers on tap. However, the food was mediocre at best. We ordered the wings as an appetizer with Asian fire sauce. The wings were hot in temperature but were small in size and lacked flavor. The sauce wasn't spicy but was still good. I ordered the crab salad, which was really a ceviche type of crab/shrimp on top of lettuce. Interesting, but not was I was expecting. My husband had the philly cheesesteak with a side of the Brick & Barley salad. The meat in the philly was really overcooked and the salad was a bland mixture of barley and red cabbage. In total, our bill came to about $37 (also included one beer). Our server Lindsay was friendly and attentive. But if you are looking for a really great meal, definitely look elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013