“Is this a case of you can't go back?”

Paradiso Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 166 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: For over 40 years, we have been the hot spot for birthdays and celebrations. Our delicious Mexican cuisine and atmosphere provide a fun dining experience in each of our five locations across North Dakota. Whether your group chooses to dine in Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Jamestown or Grand Forks, you will receive free chips and salsa and extraordinary specials. Every day of the week has its own special on everything from nachos to fajitas to dessert! When deciding on a Mexican restaurant to celebrate a birthday or relax, choose Paradiso.
Tyler, Texas
“Is this a case of you can't go back?”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'm originally from the this area and frequented La Campana Paradiso while attending UND. Every time I'm back to visit family, I try to include a stop at Paradiso. The most recent visit wasn't as wonderful as the previous ones. I started with an Orange Mango margarita and wish I'd stuck with beer. It tasted like an extremely sweet slushy! If there was alcohol in it, it was just a trace amount. The salsa was as wonderful as I remember it being - heavily flavored with cumin and cilantro which suits me fine! The chips on the other hand were nothing special. I've had grocery store chips that were better. My husband had the Noon Chimi and said it was good. I had the Chile Verde Carnitas Burrito. The pork was not as tender, nor as seasoned as it is at other Mexican restaurants. The tomatillo sauce on top was fabulous though. I could have drank it! LOL Will I stop there the next time I'm in Grand Forks? Yes, but I'll be more selective on what I order.

• Visited May 2014

Grand Forks, North Dakota
“GREAT MEXICAN RESTAURANT”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It has lots of seating but is often busy, but worth the short wait. A popular place to go for a Birthday to get a free meal for the person celebrating a Birthday. The Hot sauce is mild enough to eat, and I especially like their Enchiladas with Green Gravy. My wife usually orders the Sampler Platter, always enough with extra to take home.

• Visited May 2014
Weston, West Virginia
“Good Food”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in with family on our last day in town. Seated right away because it was not busy, which was great. The chips seemed kind of salty but still good. They give each person their own little bowl of salsa instead of sharing one big bowl like most mexican restaurants do. Overall it was a good meal and we always stop in to eat whenever in town.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Always busy for a reason”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Have tried a lot of different menu items and it's all good, service is friendly and quick. As soon as your seated taco chips and salsa is served while you pick your dinner choice.........that's a nice touch.

Visited May 2014
Canada
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We've been to Paradiso a couple of times and have been very satisfied with the service, quality and flavour.
The food was always served fresh and provided decent flavour, (although some dishes could be spiced up a little), but it's a big restaurant with a big menu and there will be some compromises.
Either way, it was good value, and with an extensive menu its a unique restaurant where you can try something different for a long time!
Also, it's very popular place which is very busy during most dinners, so there can be a wait unless you arrive a little early, (or late).

• Visited April 2014