Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Grand Forks, ND(Grand Forks)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Forks)
Econo Lodge(Grand Forks)
View Hotel
All reviewsbunk bedswater park is greattavern unitedhotel guestsbreakfast buffetalerus centerfootball gamelarge bathroomwater slidesmini fridgenorth dakotacoffee makersausagearcadesplasherscanadinnsgarbanzo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have stayed here approximately 2 times a year for the last 5 years. We drive down from Winnipeg to enjoy the shopping in the city as well as the waterpark of this hotel.

Pros - Free parking, comfy beds, clean/modern rooms
Cons - Waterpark can be pricey if you don't book a package, food is lack-luster, breakfast at Altos is expensive too for the quality of food you get, we have learned to go to nearby Denny's or the ihop for a more reasonably priced (and a better tasting) meal. Poolside drink prices are astronomical, and the lifeguard quality is hit or miss.

I would say over the years the safety factor has not improved. There used to always be a lifeguard sitting or standing near the bottom of the kiddie slides, who would blow the whistle if kids went down too soon after one-another or if they were running on the pool deck. Now, there is just a few lifeguards walking slowly around the perimeter of the waterpark.

Yes, in the winter it is convenient to stay in the hotel if you plan on using the waterpark facility, however after 5 years of paying ALOT of $ to stay here, next time we go to Grand Forks, we will be staying somewhere less pricey.

Room Tip: If you have a theme suite on the 2nd floor, please know if it overlooks the mainfloor hallway, you may be up late due to the noise of the sports bar downstairs. Or the wedding functions potentially taking place down there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cha-cha-charity
Kevin R, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review of our property! Have you heard of our loyalty points program? Many of our guests take advantage of this program to earn gift cards for our bars, restuarants, waterpark and rooms. You earn points not only on your room, but on various purchases throughout the hotel chain in North Dakota and Manitoba. Please feel free to contact me at cidcgfsales@canadinns.com. I would be pleased to help you with future travel plans to Grand Forks.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We really enjoyed the water park. Visited in December.
Pros:
-Water and air were reasonable temperatures
-Staff is not unnecessarily restrictive with rules as long as adult is with child. (example: you are not supposed to make a "chain" of tubes in the lazy river, but they didn't care if we did as long as an adult was participating and making sure the kids were acting reasonably)
-Huge hot tub
-zero depth, low depth, med depth pool areas mean something for everyone
-plenty of towels
-nice locker rooms and family bathrooms
-areas to sit outside the park where you can still see through the glass into the park
-seemed to have enough tubes

Cons:
-not quite enough seating in the park
-cabanas are all way back in a corner, you could not really watch your kids from a cabana
-have to go out to the front desk for more towels... weird when you are dripping wet with no towel
-attached arcade/restaurant was a little cold especially when you are wet

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank emisch
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I booked a room at the Canad Inn for two weekends in October. Prior to the 48 hour cancellation window, I cancelled the room. When I asked for the cancellation number, I was told by the clerk that was helping me that it was the same number as the confirmation number. I was surprised to see that my November VISA bill was charged a "no show" fee by the Canad Inn so I called to find out why. They said I should have been given a cancellation number and needed it to reverse the "no show" charges. I explained that the clerk told me it was the same number as my confirmation number. I also told them that I explicitly asked for the cancellation number.

I contested the charges to VISA and received my response today. According to the correspondence the Canad Inn sent to VISA, they claimed that I was given a cancellation number. So I guess this comes down to a "she said, they said" disagreement and I know I'm not the liar. I'm out $180.41. Where's the justice?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bluestraveler13
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We took our family here for a Groupon vacation. Got a great price, but was very satisfied with the hotel and experience. The water park was phenomenal.

Food was good, the rooms are great. Try it out!

And then there is the shopping. Gotta get those bargains.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Slubby
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I recently used the Canad Inn Destination Center for a healthcare executive conference. The meeting room was wonderful, the food was great, and the service was top notch. This was a 2 day event, so most of the executives stayed in the hotel as well. I heard nothing but good things about the rooms.

The only reason I rated the Canad Inn in Grand Forks as "very good" instead of "excellent" is due to the fact that I did recieve a bit of the run around when initially booking the convention center. I spoke with a few representatives that were very friendly but not as informed as I would have expected. However, once I was put in touch with the event director, everything went very smoothly. He was very helpful, and everything went very smoothly from there on out.

I plan to use them again in the future and I would not hesitate to recommend them to those looking for a great venue for a conference or convention.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business