Every summer, my granddaughter and I take a two day road trip from Winnipeg to Grand Forks. Our main purpose is shopping, but we also get our nails done, eat breakfast at IHOP, and enjoy the slides and pools at CanadInn. She LOVES the slides, I just keep to the pools and hot tub. It's fun! We get a double room with two big beds. She feels like we're living in luxury. The luxury for me is spending my time with her. This hotel is totally convenient to all the stores we love: Kohls, Target, Bed Bath & Home, and the mall (for Penney's). IHOP is also close, as are lots of other restaurants. The food at the hotel is not that great, but there are choices for families with bunches of children. Also, I find the pool are VERY loud and saturated with chlorine, which, I suppose, is better than worrying about cleanliness. But my eyes do sting and my skin does smell after not too long a time in the water. However, we still return to the same place and will do so again next summer (it will be our 4th time). The staff there is very nice and accommodating. They got us a room even when there were none available on line. And last year we didn't use two of the bracelets that let you onto the water slides. They told us to save them until this year and they would still be good. They were! The most amazing part of that is that we found them after a whole year! As long as I make this road trip with my granddaughter, this is the place we'll stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 201 superior guest rooms, including Deluxe Queen Rooms, King Leisure Rooms, Kids Theme Rooms, Jacuzzi Theme Suites, Business Suites, Penthouse King Rooms & Suites, and our Penthouse on Main (1st floor level) business suites. We offer you three diverse restaurants, a two-level gaming lounge and inside access to the Alerus Center. Plus for the "children in all of us" our 40,000 square foot Splasher's of the South Seas Indoor Waterpark and Garbonzo's Pizza and Arcade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Destination Center