Just returned from a quick overnighter at the CanadInn Grand Forks. We purchased the Summer special for $119 + taxes including room, 4 waterpark passes, large pizza & pitcher of pop. The rates even included the kids theme rooms.
We stayed in the princess themed room #204. The room comes with a queen size bed & 2 sets of bunk beds in a seperate painted theme room. The kids room has a small 20" TV with a video game console but no video games - maybe you can rent them no sure - other wise it would be of no use unless you brought your own. The TV cannot be viewed by the kids in the lower bunk due to the angle of the LCD so if they are watching cartoons or a tv show, they have to on the top bunk. Otherwise the room is decorated nicely and the kids will love it feeling special in their own room.
If I had anything negative to say about the location of the room is that it is close to the elevator and right across from the vending machines which could be noisy depending on how busy either of them are however with the kids being closed in by walls and the queen bed on the furthest side away from the hallway door you should be fine unless you are an extremely light sleeper.
The room was clean but felt very cramped with the extra enclosed kids bedroom area. Our window over looked the inside of the hotel so we also found the room very dark. The queen bed was comfy with an assortment of pillows. The bunk beds had an average mattress on them which was ok for kids but not so much for adults.
The water park is fantastic as always and being able to visit during the week was an added bonus, there were proabaly only a dozen people using the park last night. The downside is it doesn't open until 4 & closes at 9 so depending on what you do, you may need to manage your time. We spent some time at the water park, went to the room & had dinner & a rest and went back down only to find out we only had an hour left. My fault for not checking the time but what hotel pool closes at 9pm - especially one that normally charges hotel guests $12 per person for using the pool. The pool & hot tub also close down at 9 - much too early. I will say however that the staff are fantastic at the waterpark. They do a great job of controlling chaos and making sure everyone is safe & following the rules. They are trained well & it shows. They are professional in every aspect and as a parent of a young child I appreciate that they keep the area safe for my little one.
We had a pizza from Garbonzos which was included. I wasn't expected much but it was really quite good. My only issue is that you can only order one topping; cheese, pepperoni or sausage. So I asked if I could pay for toppings - sure $1.50 each. No problem - so the problem now comes where I order a half & half pizza...all mushroom, bacon & pineapple on one side, green pepper & tomato on the other side - they charge me $1.50 for every topping. So I said, if I had the bacon on the whole pizza you would charge me $1.50 but since I only want it on half you are still charging me $1.50 plus another $1.50 for the topping on the other side - yes they say. Ok then...so my free pizza cost me over $8.00...not such a great deal after all.
All in all a great overnight trip at a great price. The deadline for booking the special is over but watch out for it next spring - well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 201 superior guest rooms, including Deluxe Queen Rooms, King Leisure Rooms, Kids Theme Rooms, Jacuzzi Theme Suites, Business Suites, Penthouse King Rooms & Suites, and our Penthouse on Main (1st floor level) business suites. We offer you three diverse restaurants, a two-level gaming lounge and inside access to the Alerus Center. Plus for the "children in all of us" our 40,000 square foot Splasher's of the South Seas Indoor Waterpark and Garbonzo's Pizza and Arcade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Destination Center