Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Grand Forks, ND(Grand Forks)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Forks)
Econo Lodge(Grand Forks)
View Hotel
All reviewsbunk bedswater park is greattavern unitedhotel guestsbreakfast buffetalerus centerfootball gamelarge bathroomwater slidesmini fridgenorth dakotacoffee makersausagearcadesplasherscanadinnsgarbanzo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What can you say besides AWESOME !!!! We have a family of 6 and when you tell me they have a water park that's great ..... you go that's cool for the kids but what are Mom and Dad going to give up for the better of the kids ...... again ...... BUT this is NOT the Case. They have 3 great restaurants plus pizza that our kids absolutely loved. Mom and Dad enjoyed having some social time to ourselves in their sports bar that had black jack and some pig game that my wife enjoyed. All in all having this under one roof made it so much better than having to do all that driving from one place to the next. Their breakfast buffet was great too. Employees were very friendly and the rooms were really clean. If we ever needed anything or had questions they were nothing but helpful. We do go to quite a few areas around the country and when the kids love it. Your wife asks you when can we do this again? FYI It was so enjoyable for the wife that she even counted it as a date night !! Happy Kids & Happy Wife makes me tell you I "Loved It!!!!" all the best and safe travel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I travel quite a bit on business and have to say that I have not found a hotel with more comfortable beds - period! The employees are extremely friendly and really go the extra mile to make my stay a pleasant one. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone traveling on business who is looking for a comfortable bed, clean room, and great food.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but try a Penthouse Suite if you want to treat yourself!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were visiting family in Grand Forks and decided to stay at the hotel so everyone would have some breathing room. What a great decision!!! After checking in, we all went for a swim (my son loved the waterpark), then later had a great meal at Alto's. It was nice not to show up at my brother-in-law's place looking to be fed and entertained. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff were really great! Really... we couldn't ask for more. I know we'll stay there next time we are in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We drove to Grand Forks from the Chicago area to tour the UND campus. Price and location brought us to the Canad Inn. Room was spacious, clean, and very quiet. Internet connection was excellent and I was able to keep up with work back home during our stay. Very easy trip to the University and my son and husband kept themselves amused at the arcade and waterpark while I toured the campus. We had an excellent family dinner at United Tavern (burgers/fish and chips) and later went to Playmaker's for a cocktail. Wonderful service and had a great time reminiscing with staff over how things have changed in Grand Forks over the past thirty (!) years. So friendly and willing to make our stay perfect. Excellent stop for alumni (loved all the old photo's in lobby), easy access to interstate.

Room Tip: If you have a particular want or need, ask! We needed to make several early appointments and were accommodated with a first floor room convenient to restaurants and parking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HusFrau
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Best time I had. The staff were super friendly and super helpful. I've never been to Grand Forks and was told that the shopping was pretty great. Asked about the hidden gems and walked away with really unique things. Badman's was great. Super happy - Christmas shopping is done!

The food. Oh my gods... The food. Spaghetti Carbanara, and the Decadent Chicken pizza is to die for. Normally I'm not one for Chicken on my pizza (bad experience from somewhere else) but it was suggested as being like, really freaking amazing. So I gave it a go. Wow. Perfect!

Tavern United has the best legs and wings in town, like hands down. Freaking yummy. Pretty sure I needed to be rolled out after eating all the wings.

I was also introduced to Shock Top beer - a great suggestion. Didn't get to try the Red Apple Ale. I see the commercials and it looks great, but I'm glad I stuck with the Shock Top.

Garbonzo's Pizza and Arcade now that was a blast from my past. I remember thinking that our town needed something like this because there were so many kids! I had a lot of fun!

The staff was great, but they seemed to be spread thin - still super friendly. Maybe get a few more staff in there? Passed a member of the staff and bothered her for a couple moments, found out that she was Group Sales Coordinator which made me think of bringing a gaggle of friends with me next time!

We usually stay with Canad Inns when we travel, and this was a great stay as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo