We had heard rumors that the waterpark was extra, so we called ahead and were told that it was included in the room rate. NOT! We waited until after 6:00 p.m. to save on the admission to the waterpark, which still amounted to $20.00 per day for three kids. When we arrived the clerk who checked us in was indifferent and didn't crack a smile. We were given 4 breakfast tickets for 5 people, which we were told were the rules set by the corporate office. Our room was ok, no bed was provided for the additional child we booked into the room, so we had to track someone down to gt another bed. The coffee maker still had coffee in it. There was no microwave. The shower was stained and dirty looking. The first morning we went for breakfast, we had to wait an hour with 4 children. There were two rooms attached to the breakfast buffet that were clearly not in use that could have seated at least 15-20 people per that they could have opened. There was no fruit, cereal or yogurt availble. A continental breakfast would have been better. When we went to the desk to ask what was a better time to go the rest. in the morning, we were told it's always this busy on Canadian spring break there are over 800 guests here. Perhaps they could have been more organized to combat this. We won't stay there again and won't reccomend it to friends. We will submit a letter, but doubt it will have much affect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 201 superior guest rooms, including Deluxe Queen Rooms, King Leisure Rooms, Kids Theme Rooms, Jacuzzi Theme Suites, Business Suites, Penthouse King Rooms & Suites, and our Penthouse on Main (1st floor level) business suites. We offer you three diverse restaurants, a two-level gaming lounge and inside access to the Alerus Center. Plus for the "children in all of us" our 40,000 square foot Splasher's of the South Seas Indoor Waterpark and Garbonzo's Pizza and Arcade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Destination Center