“Very Good, just now Wow!”
Review of The Toasted Frog

The Toasted Frog
Ranked #2 of 167 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had to check out the Toasted Frog during our trip to Grand Forks earlier this week - it is rated as the #1 restaurant in GF.

We both had filet steak with wasabi garlic mash potatoes. It was very good and the prices are reasonable. There was some Wow-factor. The deep-fried pickles are pretty awesome. I'd go again. Oh, the service is excellent.

There are newer reviews for The Toasted Frog

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The beer was great... a little limited on the selection. They had a huge martini list to make up for it. The atmosphere was great. Had a lot of fun. Make sure to make a reservation if your party is more than 6 people, otherwise the wait is a bit long but worth it!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just want to say that while visiting Grand Forks, North Dakota for a few days, we ate at the Toasted Frog iwhich was located downtown. What a wonderful little restaurant, excellent service, the drinks/bartenders were great, and the Food was unbelievable. We will definitely be back to your restaurant when we are back in Grand Forks. The other thing that was so nice about it was it was right downtown where afterwards we could walk around and sight see some. I would highly recommend your restaurant.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We'd read many positive reviews for the Toasted Frog which is why we agreed to wait about an hour to be seated. I had two Martinis, the first had barely any alcohol in it, but the second more than made up for it. I ordered the Mahi Mahi and found it somewhat dry and overcooked. My side of green beans on the other hand were barely warm and still crunchy. The wasabi mashed potatoes were great though! My partner had the philly cheese steak sandwich and said it was average. Our server seemed unsure of the specials and we had to wait awhile for our check, but that's understandable during a busy dinner service.

The best part of the whole experience was sitting at the back bar and having the privilege of watching the cooks in the kitchen. The food may not have been as good as we were hoping, but all staff were hustling and it was a pleasure to watch. The atmosphere was lovely as well. All in all, I'd be willing to try them again next time I'm in Grand Forks to see if maybe we were there on an off night.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have eaten at the Toasted Frog in Grand Forks two times and have enjoyed both visits greatly. Please note that you will need to be prepared to wait as the restaurant is smaller, but there is a spacious bar next door for a pre-meal drink. The food is well-prepared and excellent. Definitely try to the Wasabi Mashed Potatoes along with the Filet Mignon. It will be the best you will find in Grand Forks.