“Fantastic Service!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the service at Quality Inn. We stayed there December 5-8 for a hockey tournament and they were incredibly accommodating to our group. The hotel was very clean, breakfast was great, and the fact that it began at 6am was a bonus in case we had an early morning game. The rooms are spacious and able to accommodate the hockey equipment, and they provided us with a hospitality suite for the parents for two of the three nights we were there. Thank you so much to Brad and all the staff there, they truly went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

We can’t thank you enough for choosing us as your hotel for your recent stay. My staff and I were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with ensuring our guests get their money’s worth. I was so happy to hear that you were impressed by our hotels excellent breakfast. We were happy to have the opportunity to serve breakfast earlier to help ensure your team made their game on time. Our staff works very hard to ensure that our guests have the most comfortable stay possible and constantly strive to exceed our guest’s special requests. Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to write a positive review, we look forward to having you at our hotel again in the future!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This Hotel is old but very clean. We did not realize that they were without elevators when we booked our stay. My husband has very bad lungs so the stairs scared me. The staff are just outstanding. They could not do enough to assist us with all of our needs. Our only complaint would be is that the sofa and desk chair in the room are extremely low. This makes it very hard to get up and down when you are older.
We will probably give this hotel another stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel for your recent stay. I was very pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations; our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with a very clean hotel. Our staff works very hard to meet our guests’ every special request to help make their stay the most comfortable possible. I was sorry to hear that you had to be placed on the second floor; I know this can be an inconvenience considering our lack of an elevator. The lack of an elevator is one downside of being such a small hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused you, and if there is anything I can do to make this right for you, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 701-775-7503.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a nice place to stay in grand forks... Stay here!! The price is worth it, you could find elsewhere for cheaper, but not for the same quality as quality inn! This hotel is a perfect balance of an expensive hotel, without the extreme cost. It's just what you need... Comfortable beds & pillows, a delicious and filling breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausages, cereal, 24/7 juice & coffee!!), a pool, hot tub and it's conveniently next to the mall!

Parking is ample and accessible, hotel is around several restaurants as well.

There no gym on site, but ask the front desk for a pass to anytime fitness and you can work out for free there!

Cookies in the afternoon were a delight and the staff always met our needs.

Only negative is that the pool was a little dirty and had rubble and mysterious things on the bottom of it... Other than that, the rooms were nice and clean! I had a great sleep on the beds and breakfast was a joy to wake up to.

Will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to grand forks!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks a million for choosing us as your hotel for your recent stay. I was very pleased to hear that our hotel accommodations and breakfast exceeded your expectations; two of our major goals are to provide excellent customer service along with ensuring our guests get their moneys worth. I was so happy to hear that you were impressed by both our hotels excellent breakfast and comfortable beds. Our staff works very hard to ensure that our guests have the most comfortable stay possible and constantly strive to exceed our guest’s special requests.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Next to the Columbia Mall. There are plenty of restaurants close by.

Nice and clean rooms, comfy beds and pillows. Breakfast was great with lots to choose from.

Staff was friendly. Quick check in and check out.

We didn't use the pool or hot tub.

We will stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel for your recent stay. I was very pleased to hear that our hotel accommodations and staff met or exceeded your expectations; our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with a very clean hotel. I was so happy to hear that you were impressed by our excellent breakfast and our comfortable beds. Our staff works very hard to meet our guests’ every special request to help make their stay the most comfortable possible.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed in room 223 in August. Although the hotel indicates non-smoking, the room wreaked of smoke. The layout is good though. The sofa bed is dated and very uncomfortable. However, the bed is very comfortable.
The location is great, close to many restaurants and Columbia Mall.

The breakfast is not too bad except all utensils, cups bowels, plates are all paper based or plastic. The coffee is horrible but then again, I like a good cup of bold coffee. The water for tea was lukewarm.
I would not stay there again.
Gil Cloutier, Winnipeg

Room Tip: add for a room that was always non smoking. Eat breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking both the time to share your thoughts with us and for choosing us as your hotel during your recent trip. I was pleased to hear you found our beds very comfortable and our breakfast satisfactory. I am sorry to hear we did not meet all your expectations during recent stay with us. Our hotel has always been a nonsmoking establishment, which we believe is critical in ensuring all our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. Unfortunately, it sounds like your room was one in which someone had previously smoked in or was somehow in contact with someone who had smoked very recently. It appears that a Member of our staff taking the required steps to address such an issue correctly could have prevented this incident. In response to this occurrence and the prevention of others like it, we have reiterated the diligence expected when thoroughly inspecting our rooms as well as emphasizing the great attention to detail we expect of the entire staff. I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused you, and if there is anything I can do to make this right for you, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 701-775-7503.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Going down for a tournament, I only booked one room for one night for myself.
Plans changed suddenly and I needed 2 extra rooms for 2 nights.
Jori was very friendly and helpful in assisting me in getting the extra rooms. When we arrived, she was just as friendly, made sure we all had keys and let us aware of the accommodations.
Rooms were clean, cool and the beds were comfortable.
Upon checkout the morning staff was really nice and patient in splitting up the rooms and bills for us all.
Will stay again and reccommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel for your recent stay. I was very pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations; our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with a very clean hotel. I was so happy to hear that you were impressed by both our hotels cleanliness as well as the diligence of our staff. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure that our rooms and common areas are in pristine condition so our guests have the most comfortable stay possible.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for 1 night just recently and were quiet satisfied.Friendly check in staff,nice clean rooms,comfortable bed and pillows,good breakfast choices.Hope to stay here again.Did notice the cookies but did not try them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Kimberly P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear everything was satisfactory; our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with a very clean hotel.

We do make cookies everyday, next time you stay with us you should taste test one. We look forward to seeing you again.