“poor”

Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Grand Forks
“poor”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff was friendly but the room was really bad. Outside door would not open from the outside, Wall paper was falling off the walls, carpet was dirty. Swimming pool water was cloudy. There was no or very little water pressure
in the sink, tub and the toilet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I wish to extend our heartfelt thanks to Anna(GM), Megan(Event Coord.) and the entire motel staff for their hard work and dedication in making our gathering a huge success. We accommodated 300+ guests at our daughter's wedding reception this past weekend. Those two young ladies did everything necessary to ensure that the event was everything we could have wished for. Thank you for making our lifelong memories so enchanting and beautiful. Kristi and Rod N.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristi N
Dickinson, North Dakota
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff at this establishment goes above & beyond. They are always friendly and would do just about anything to make the guests satisfied. We have been staying at this establishment on and off for the last year. They are making improvements on a daily basis. Front Desk Staff Efficient & Friendly, Special thanks to John for making it a pleasent experience even though he had several unruly guests bickering for no reason. (ITS AMERICA PEOPLE) technology is slow sometimes get Over It! He handled himself with such finesse! Good Job Sir! The GM is always on top of it with her staff, nice to see her greeting her employees in the hallway upon there arrival for their duties for the day. That says something in itself more people should get involved like this young lady. I saw her and another young lady running back and fourth for a Reception going on this past weekend must have been a big huge wedding. They bent over backwards for those guests! GIVE THEM A RAISE. they deserve it!!! Always see the staff pulling together for one another, these workers care, its the building not the staff! Old but still comfortable at its best!!!! Love rooms with individual a/c units otherwise it tends to get a bit a warm and this little old lady can be stubborn with warmness! Thanks to Maintenance staff for delivering me that fan, I needed it!!! Give them more credit, they deserve it! Thank you Howard Johnson Staff, I will return for many more memorable pleasant stays!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a wall a/c unit!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Check in staff friendly. It ends there. I am a business traveler. I stay in hotels 2-4 nights a wekk. Straight commission so price means alot. This not the cheapest i have stayed at but the price is a bit high for the service involved. I have stayed here 4 times. I have never left feeling fuzzy good. My current gripe is about the GM. I stayed here in late may. Paid the same price I have always paid. The previous 3 I received Wyndham reward point. In May I did not receive points. I called Wyndham and they said the hotel classified it as a non reward stay. I should talk to the manager. Here is my gripe. I called that person 4 times. 3 to voice mail, once I left a message. Not once have I talked with her. This attitude is what most of the staff carries forward. I am glad tere are other Wyndham properties available. Because this on has received the last of my money.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Econo Lodge
#24 of 28 in Grand Forks
Best Western Harvest Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks

Been to Grand Forks Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Forks Inn & Suites

Property: Grand Forks Inn & Suites
Address: 1210 N 43rd St, Grand Forks, ND 58203-1932
Region: United States > North Dakota > Grand Forks
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Grand Forks Inn & Suites 3*
The Grand Forks Howard Johnson is your destination! Whether it's a weekend or a weekday we are a great getaway! Located just off I-29 and Hwy 2, the Howard Johnson features an indoor water park with a kiddie pool area as well as a 110' slide, complimentary hot continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center, game room, complimentary toiletries, complimentary single cup coffee makers in each room, and a bar/lounge area. We also have meeting rooms and ballrooms for all your special occasions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Forks Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Grand Forks