“Nice Stay”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff was welcoming and friendly! The room was nice and had all the amenities. Good breakfast in the morning. This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel and the trip exceeded my expectations. Good price and good service = good trip!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Matthew W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jamestown, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear MituliSim11,

My staff and I greatly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and providing us with feedback on how we did. We certainly value the feedback of our valued guests. The fact that we could exceed your expectations is certainly a point of satisfaction for our team. We look forward to the next time you stay with us and we can provide you with "a good price, good service and ultimately a good trip".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Beulah, North Dakota
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Room was clean and quit, help was friendly and the breakfast was very good. Would stay ther again if we are in the area. Location was very good it was right of the interstate. Several places to eat nearby and shopping was handy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rodney R,

On behalf my staff, I would like to thank you for staying with us and providing feedback to help us improve. We take great satisfaction in knowing that whether you were in Jamestown for leisure or business, your stay at the Holiday Inn Express made it much more enjoyable.
We look forward to again having the opportunity to serve you on your next visit.
Sioux Center, Iowa
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Love staying @ holiday inn, but this one shames them all. Very low staffed and not trained staff. The conference room was never cleaned during the duration of our stay. Pool and hot tub closed. No one at the front desk during the morning b/c they were operating the breakfast. General managements communication, emailing, and explanations of situations were very off the mark. Very difficult to get a hold of management. Some rooms were smoky, fairly clean, but under renovation. At least something is happening :) Some food items for breakfast were expired and moldy. To top it off we were over charged due to lack of training and now have been dealing with the situation still a month and a half later. We had 14 rooms and come to jamestown every year and will not go back.

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Success612
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jamestown, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Success612,

Regards,

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I usually try to stay at a holiday inn express for work when I am on the road. This Holiday Inn Express had by far the best staff that I have came across. The rooms were perfect nothing to complain about. They are going through a remodel stage right now, but that didn't impact anything. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anybody that is looking for a comfortable place to stay, I know that I will be back the next time I am here and am looking forward to seeing the remodel when completed. Thanks again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Carleen R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jamestown, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear theryeguye,
I am so happy to hear that you had a "perfect stay" with no complaints on your last stay with us! We appreciate your business and also your recommendation to others coming this way for business travels! We hope to see you back with us very soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was one of great place for my business travel till the time. Excellent staff and services are provided by this hotel. It included daily room services and healthy breakfast and this was such a wonderful benefit. I had everything I needed and more!!! The hotel staff was excellent from the moment I arrived until I left. The staff met me out front, helped with bag into hotel, check-in staff was friendly and efficient, every time they greeted me and asked about my day. When I checked out the were again very efficient and assured I had everything I needed including taking my bag out to the taxi upon departure. Also the room, this place was extremely good, perfect for my business trip!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jignesh R, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback! I am so happy to hear that your stay and experience were great!! I am glad that you were able to enjoy a healthy breakfast during your stay. Please come back and visit when you come back! We look forward to seeing you!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Staff was warm and friendly. Rooms were clean and seemed recently renovated as it looked like construction dust still on the fire sprinkler heads and on top of some of the wall pictures. Beds comfortable as were the pillows. Channel guide was not the friendliest (wish the name of the station would show on the screen in addition to the channel number....like at home and at other hotels). Overall a very good room and would definitely return.

Room Tip: All non smoking...liquor, beer, ice and gas right next store.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear mbrcha,Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay! I am happy to hear our staff and rooms were acceptable to you! I do apologize for the channel guide being difficult to understand. We will be working on that in the very near future! We hope to see you back on your next trip!! Thank you for staying with us!!
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 3 October 2013

It wasn't awful...I've definitely stayed in much worse places. On the other hand, it wasn't what I expect of a Holiday Inn Express. Granted, they were remodeling at the time...so I cut them some slack on the appearance. However, even when not considering appearance, I wasn't impressed.

I had to wait quite some time to finally get checked in...and it wasn't the staff members fault (she was busy with the phone), but after a long day...I was sad I couldn't just go collapse in my bed.

When I finally got checked in, I realized that my room wasn't very clean. There was hair all over the bathroom as well as the bed that was not mine. Again, I have stayed in worse places....but this just wasn't an awesome stay.

Maybe it will be better when the remodeling is over....but until then at least, I would avoid it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kristin S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jamestown, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Kristin S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the room cleanliness and the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We hope you give us the privilege to continue to serve you in the near future.

Karen C