“Typical Comfort Inn with very friendly staff.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Room was clean and a good size for a couple. Minifrig and microwave were a nice addition. Breakfast was ready early for those if us leaving early. Staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the morning person.

• Stayed: June 2014
Sarah F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for recent stay with us. We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay and it was comfortable. We hope to see you in future reservations. Let's us know if there is anything else we can assist with to make your stay a "5 Star" experience!

Jamestown Comfort Inn
701-252-7125

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean exterior and rooms. Service was great. Right off the freeway, but has double glass. Not sure if this is storm glass for the cold, but it keeps the sound out. Bed was comfortable and each has 2 soft and hard pillows. Internet was free and ok. Watched a Netflix movie and it only rebuffered once. Only real issue Neighboring clients went at it and I could hear everything. Will probably stay here again on my regular travels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for an East facing room as the West facing rooms face a McDonalds across the parking lot. Ligh...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank M B
Sarah F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks for your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is the best of the hotels we've stayed in, in Jamestown, ND (we've stayed in at least 3).

PROS: The rooms were CLEAN, the beds were comfortable, 2 types of pillows, the heat adjusted nicely, water was hot and shower head worked well. Breakfasts were nicely done, with GOOD fresh fruit, yogurt, breads and sweet treats, waffles, eggs and meat, cereals, and several hot drinks. Marilyn in the kitchen area and Naomi in housekeeping were SO friendly and efficient! Wifi worked well, nice TV, good selection of channels. Small pool has a handicap lift chair!

CONS: There's no elevator to the second floor. The breakfast area is TINY and could not accomodate all its guests. The hotel computer for guest Internet accomodation was horribly slow. There's no bathroom in the pool area or near it, so you have to go back to your room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim C
Sarah F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that everything from guest service to the quality of breakfast and room conditions was perfect for you. I am sorry about some of the other items mentioned. We are coming close to the next renovation of this property. I again that you for your feedback and your business and hope to see you again for future reservations.

Comfort Inn Jamestown
701-252-7125

Reviewed 22 February 2014

First, the good--Front desk person was very friendly, but seemed a bit shy/unsure of herself. I assume she is a new employee. She checked me in without a problem and directed me to my room.
Continental Breakfast--THEY HAVE OATMEAL AND BANANAS! This is a big deal to me only because I am vegan and hotel breakfasts tend to be heavy on cheap processed foods that contain dairy and egg byproducts.
Bed--Sheets were clean, firm mattress, extra pillows.
TV--standard quality flatscreen.
Furniture--Run of the mill utilitarian

Now the bad:
Hair in the bathtub--it hadn't been cleaned well. I was having trouble sleeping and wanted to take a bath. Luckily, I brought some disinfectant cleaning wipes and cleaned it myself.
Rest of bathroom--seemed a little dingy, also hair by toilet. Back of toilet did not look like it was cleaned.
Vending Machines--Basic coke products, could use more variety.
Pool--Barely a pool! Only goes to 5ft. Also, Priceline stated they had a hot tub, there was none. However, that is more a Priceline issue.

Overall, I would stay again for a short trip. I paid $54 before taxes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NodakFoodie
Sarah F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed some of your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear about the condition of your bathroom. This is a huge concern and it has been addressed with our staff. I would love the opportunity to make this right for you.
I hope to see you in the future and to make your next stay exceptional.

Comfort Inn, Jamestown

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I drive between Minnesota and Montana. Jamestown is about half-way. There are several hotels and I've tried a few. This hotel is one of the best. Very clean room. Very nice staff. Wi-Fi. Breakfast, etc. There is a lot of crap at this exit. This is not one.

Room Tip: There is a pool toward the front of the hotel, if you want quiet, ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Leann S
Sarah F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thanks for your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

On our road trip this past fall, coming home from Oregon to Minnesota, and decided to stop Jamestown for our last night. We stay exclusively, for the most part , at choice hotel locations knowing that their brands have comfortable standards that we look for while traveling . Upon check in, the first special touch we noticed was a welcome board listing all of the choice privilege guests and their ranking. Not a big deal, but above and beyond what you expect. Once we got into our room, front desk called us and made sure everything as to our liking, and if needed a wake up call. Wow, another small and simple touch, but again that above and beyond service. The last item, finally someone gets it. A night light in the bathroom! Well done Jamestown Comfort inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachlover6928
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Wow, the other reviews are not too impressive! Usually I'm quite picky but I was pleasantly surprised with my stay (as my 5-star rating demonstrates).
I purchased a "two star"-worthy room on Hotwire while carefully driving along I-94. $70 a night with Wi-Fi, breakfast and free parking...Yes please! We arrived late around 11 pm while traveling west to Seattle from Chicago. The only true tourist site worth seeing is the humungous bison that stands proud on a hill over the town. After all, Jamestown is known as "The Buffalo City." College boys were working the graveyard shift at the front desk. They were helpful and friendly, and were even caught meticulously cleaning in the morning! No highway traffic was heard, although the hotel is located conveniently off I-94.
I found the room to be very clean and spacious. We ended up scoring a handicap accessible room. I personally appreciated the sensor night light in bathroom, plus there was a microwave and mini-fridge available in the room. The white cushion comforter on the bed was very comfortable, so much that I didn't want to rise in the morning to continue our dreadful long drive. For any kids, there is a good-sized pool and a McDonalds next door, although you are given a complimentary breakfast with the basics: eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, etc. I can't say I have anything negative to say about my stay, perhaps that all the other folks who stayed at the hotel were hunters dressed head to toe in camouflage and stared at my partner and I like we were outsiders. Yes, we aren't from Jamestown--and for this we are thankful! :)

Room Tip: A room away from the highway may be smart.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple