“Nice place but owners not so friendly”

Jamestown Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamestown
Jamestown Campground
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The facility itself is very nice and well kept, with lots of trees for shade, though the dirt road leading to it could use some grading (probably a city problem but be aware it's a rough dirt and gravel road). I felt the owners could have been a bit more welcoming, though, considering they are in the hospitality industry. They acted suspicious and unfriendly, in my opinion, and I didn't appreciate that. I am a middle aged woman who travels a lot in a minivan; I'm not a suspicious character at all. I don't appreciate being treated that way after a long day of driving. I'll give them benefit of the doubt this time, though, maybe they had a tough day too. I might feel crabby too, if I lived in Jamestown, ND. Definitely not my favorite place to travel through, but it's where I ended up on this particular journey.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank northsouthq

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Good place for tenting, conveniently located right along the interstate (a bit noisy because of this, but not too bad). Nice and clean bathrooms and showers as well. Very friendly operators. Overall a great place.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jangsters
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This little campground is neat and orderly. It is a Mom and Pop establishment where the owners lead you to your site. Some sites are tough for big rigs, so be sure to indicate how big your rig is. Not all sites have full hookup, and some sites are limited to 30 amps electrical. Call ahead early if you need a 50 amp site.

This RV campground is a nice overnight stop but probably not a place to stay for a vacation destination unless you like a long drive into Fargo, ND

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We found this campground on Trip Advisor. We did not have pets like the review we read, but we tried it out. As tent campers, we appreciated the grass where we pitched our tent. There were some trees to help give the feeling of solitude. The Interstate is close. That makes it handy to get to the campground, but you can hear hear the traffic in your tent. There was a small playground for our kids and lots of grass for playing. The showers and restrooms were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. They recommended other things to see in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank John F
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This was an overnight stop at this campground and it was just off the I94 and not far from Jamestown, ND. A beautiful campground with the best pet walk area I've ever seen! Around the outer edge of the campground was a beautifully mowed grass path and our dogs loved it! Because our dogs go everywhere with us, this is always so important.

They love their grass here and it showed. No mats were allowed outside.

On top of this they had a playground for the kids, bocce ball area, etc.

We would definitely stop here again. Very friendly customer service as well!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple