“A very well-managed campground”

Jamestown Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamestown
Jamestown Campground
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Didn't reserve in advance, but called ahead when we realized we just couldn't drive any longer. At a time of evening one usually only gets a recorded message, lo and behold friendly Lena answered the phone. What a gem of a human being she is. (I overheard her tell another caller while we were checking in, that the office is open until 10!) After checking in, we were personally escorted to the spot she'd picked out for us.

The grounds are as well managed as the office is: groomed, level pull-throughs, clean bathrooms, excellent showers, lots of shade trees.

Well-located: it's not far off the interstate so, upside, it's easy to find, and downside, there is unavoidable traffic noise at all hours. As others have said it's off an unpaved road, so drive slow. When you're ready to move on, gas is only a few miles away in either direction.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank UnrepentantFoodie

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Campground and staff were wonderful. Very clean, quiet. Sites were level and shaded.

Staff made a lot of great recommendations about local attractions and the locals restaurant. They were correct on every suggestion that they gave us.

However for all the good, the campground is down a mile plus gravel and very dusty road. Not only did our tow car get terribly covered in dust, but later in our trip we had radiator temperature problems that were tied directly back to the gravel road. If you go here with a rear mounted radiator on a diesel pusher, I suggest you drive no more than 5 mph down the road to prevent the dust from caking you radiator.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PhotTraveler
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I wish all campgrounds were like this. Nice mature shade trees everywhere with grass. All sites were pull through, many with full hookup, with both 50 and 30 amp service available and very spacious. Restrooms very nice and clean with great showers. Laundry facilities were good also. Nice playground for kids. They take the time to take you to your site. The owners couldn't have been more kind and helpful. I experienced motor problems when I arrived and they were extremely helpful in trying to find me help on a weekend and field calls from my road side assistance. If you are in the area this is the place to camp.

Room Tip: I camped in my motorhome.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Tetonlady
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The facility itself is very nice and well kept, with lots of trees for shade, though the dirt road leading to it could use some grading (probably a city problem but be aware it's a rough dirt and gravel road). I felt the owners could have been a bit more welcoming, though, considering they are in the hospitality industry. They acted suspicious and unfriendly, in my opinion, and I didn't appreciate that. I am a middle aged woman who travels a lot in a minivan; I'm not a suspicious character at all. I don't appreciate being treated that way after a long day of driving. I'll give them benefit of the doubt this time, though, maybe they had a tough day too. I might feel crabby too, if I lived in Jamestown, ND. Definitely not my favorite place to travel through, but it's where I ended up on this particular journey.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank northsouthq
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Good place for tenting, conveniently located right along the interstate (a bit noisy because of this, but not too bad). Nice and clean bathrooms and showers as well. Very friendly operators. Overall a great place.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jangsters
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This little campground is neat and orderly. It is a Mom and Pop establishment where the owners lead you to your site. Some sites are tough for big rigs, so be sure to indicate how big your rig is. Not all sites have full hookup, and some sites are limited to 30 amps electrical. Call ahead early if you need a 50 amp site.

This RV campground is a nice overnight stop but probably not a place to stay for a vacation destination unless you like a long drive into Fargo, ND

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We found this campground on Trip Advisor. We did not have pets like the review we read, but we tried it out. As tent campers, we appreciated the grass where we pitched our tent. There were some trees to help give the feeling of solitude. The Interstate is close. That makes it handy to get to the campground, but you can hear hear the traffic in your tent. There was a small playground for our kids and lots of grass for playing. The showers and restrooms were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. They recommended other things to see in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family