“Exceded Expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceded Expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

My wife and I pulled in late night after driving for hours and were so pleased to find this little gem conveniently located as soon as we took the exit across from a Dairy Queen. We were quickly greeted by a gentlemen who was very friendly, given the time we pulled in, and we were given a great price for a quality room. We were initially surprised at the rooms cozy and clean appearance and it provided such a relief after hours of driving! We woke up refreshed and were treated to a complimentary breakfast available to all guests. Everything exceded our expectations, a reflection of the establishment. Jamestown Motel was definately an welcomed oasis during a long trip and we will definately be back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank v_jordan9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
jamestown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I would recommend this motel because it is clean..The towels are thick and of good quality! Every room has its own TV, microwave and fridge. The prices start at around 40 dollars and up depending how big your group is..there is access to Wi-fi internet. There is also a community room with coin operated Laundry machines, and u can get detergent at front desk. a full-size stove and refrigerator. Front desk staff are kind and courteous with 24 hr a day operation. Complimentary breakfast in the morning. Dairy Queen is right across the street. Each room has its own aura and feeling to it...this place is good..i enjoyed myself at this motel

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank sleeperqueen
Sparta, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

My stay at the Jamestown Motel was rather pleasant it was quiet and very clean the office staff was very helpful ill admit the motel does remind me of some that came from the sixties or seventies but all and all a very relaxing and pleasant stay i would definitely recomend this motel to anyone granted its not as posh as some hundred dollar a night hotel but honestly the bed are nice its clean and the service is great and for a place where the price is less than fifty a night for a single can't ask for much more they have onsite laundry and they have a public kitchen that anyone may use so next time im through jamestown I will stay there many times to come.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fredsays
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

While on our family holiday, we phoned ahead to reserve a room at the Jamestown Motel and had secured it with a credit card as rooms seem to be very scarce in North Dakota. Upon arrival at the hotel that night we were notified that our room was given to someone else. I was very shocked by how the hotel manager did not feel the least bit remorseful about giving our room away and failed to provide us with any assistance in securing alternate lodging.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank PMac_2011

Travellers are raving about these Jamestown hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

This motel was not my first choice … I didn’t know it was here. But with 10,000 people evacuated from Minot today the places I knew of were full.

The posted price for this motel was $39, with the other motels full at a cost of twice that (or more) it is a fair price for the area it’s in. No complaints, it fills my basics. Clean, warm, quiet, hot water. If you usually stay in the Holiday Inn, this is not it. The only thing close to the Holiday Inn was the towels. Nice and thick, not the ‘see through’ you get at some budget motels.

This motel was likely built in the 40-50’s. I have only seen one light fixture like the one over the sink, it is in my folks house from when it got electricity in ’48. There actually were AC outlets that I could get at without moving furniture or unplugging things, another plus.

Down side for me, no large vehicle parking, only room for 1-2 on the street. And the only food within walking distance was the DQ across the street.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business